• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Resistor

yeah right! id build around the XL and have tons of options. god XLs are the ****.

Be careful...Z XL, Z XS, Z Avenger, Z Flash, and Z Surge have been coming out flat and devoid of any dome. That may work for MVP, but in Discraft's case they are glideless POS. I've gone through enough stacks of each of them at stores over the past year or so, and it's like no thanks.

this post is good. especially the last part. i hardly use my tensors but i would buy a proton tensor asap and instabag™ it.
Im not sure that would help. The last two protons I have gotten, Sparkle tesla/sparkle crave, were both less beefy than the neutron counterparts. Not sure if this is because they are sparkles or not. The sparkle crave I just got has more turn new than my neutron crave 5months old.

Now that I think about it my proton envy is also less beefy than my soft envy

Last edited:
Im not sure that would help. The last two protons I have gotten, Sparkle tesla/sparkle crave, were both less beefy than the neutron counterparts. Not sure if this is because they are sparkles or not. The sparkle crave I just got has more turn new than my neutron crave 5months old.

Ditto - I bought a max weight Proton Crave hoping it'd be a bit more HSS than my Neutrons, and it definitely wasn't. Not US or anything, but some more turn than I expected, and than I've seen in my Neutrons.

In contrast, I have a max weight watermelon Proton Crave that's that more stable version I'd been looking for. Plastic is stiffer than my stock Proton, too, which I prefer. Wonder what results in the difference in feel, and I wish all Proton were of the stiffer variety.

I have a 153 sparkle proton Crave that is very beefy. I was expecting it to have more turn being that light, but I can't tell any difference in the lighter weight. It was throwing me off until I finally figured out I need to throw it every bit as hard as my 170+ discs. Maybe I got a freak sparkle, but I compared the PLH to a 175 P I also have and they're exactly the same. The plastic on the sparkle does feel a little softer and flexes a bit more, but I figured that was from the lighter weight.

How about some FH roller info? I use a flat Ch. Banshee as my go-to and I'm used to throwing them with a little bit of a 3/4 delivery. These bad boys roll much different?

Where the resistor fans at?!

I really do like this disc but ended up bagging the motion. Have a phase on the way and maybe i need to mess with the resistor again. With testing the phase i guess its possible the motion gets shelved and use a lighter 160s resistor with heavy phase for OS stuff. A beat motion just isnt happening... Lighter resistors always seemed less LSS and throwable lol.

Yea you really see the shot shaping ability of these on utility flicks. Mine is now 1.5 yrs of age been lost 3 times and returned, lol. Right now its almost more like a fresh N crave than a resistor, just a hint of a turn with a more forward type fade than when it was new. I mostly use it for FH utility shots but also throw shortish thumbers and occasional BH shots. If I need a midrange type OS shot that needs to skip alittle I will pull it instead of the BuzzOS.

I love the Resistor so much.
No other disc tears out of my hand so cleanly.

I throw the Resistor when I need an OS line that doesn't need as much speed, skip or bite as my Raptor.
They power down amazingly well and are really a fantastic all around overstable mold.
You will never see my Resistor being pulled out on a shot where distance is important but I lean heavily on it when I need a hook.
Now if only we could get some Proton Resistors....

I bought Resistor immediately when it was released three (?) years ago. Loved the feeling on the hand, but disc felt so overstable that I didn't really find much use to it, and as I was so rarely using it I didn't really wan't to use in those rare situations I felt it could have been good choice for particular shot.

But during this summer I started to use Resistor more, short trouble shots with big fade, and also some forehand rollers from bushes etc. After a while I also started to use Resistor for those drives where I usually went for overstable putter like Harp or PA1. Now my winter bag contains only Colt, Leopard and Resistor.

I love the Resistor so much.
No other disc tears out of my hand so cleanly.

I throw the Resistor when I need an OS line that doesn't need as much speed, skip or bite as my Raptor.
They power down amazingly well and are really a fantastic all around overstable mold.
You will never see my Resistor being pulled out on a shot where distance is important but I lean heavily on it when I need a hook.
Now if only we could get some Proton Resistors....

I agree with you on Proton Resistors. That's my most wanted disc right now.

I carry three Resistors in my bag at different weights. Many people seem to use them as a utility shot disc, but the Resistor comes out for me a lot. I use them for forehands, backhands, forehand rollers, and some other crazy shots if I need them. If they were in Proton I would probably use them even more.

Weren't the chains for brains resistors? I would live to have one if anyone has a spare.

I've been trying a Resistor/Phase combo for the OS duties including those "meathook mid" shots with the Resistor. I really like the Motion, too, but there's no reason to bag all 3 IMO.

I have my only tournament ace to date with the Resistor, it was a FH skip ace no less...so needless to say it's in the bag.

+1 would love a P Resistor.

For as much as I love the Resistor, I have never thrown a sub 170g version.

How would a 165g fly compared to a max weight? Can you coax a straighter push out of them or does the beef remain even when the weight goes down?

I'm starting to yearn for a Crave/Teebird OS in my bag as I am currently rocking a Raptor-Crave-Ptero lineup and I would love to slot something between the Raptor/Crave that is pretty HSS and has a reliably firm LSS. I had a flat Champ Eagle in there but I lost it and all other Eagles I've picked up haven't been nearly as beefy.

160s tend to fade later and a little softer. Still OS but definitely more like a fresh beefy crave vs mini motion the max weights can be.