• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc throwers, what other mids are in your bag?

no other mids right now
Just a beat to hell r-pro roc, new kc pro roc, new dx roc

I took my comet and drone out of the bag for the winter, and to work on the rocs more.

usually carry anywhere from 3-6 rocs depending on the course and conditions

used to just carry all rocs (for mids obv, not like a bag comprised solely of rocs), from beautifully beaten in to brand new for anything that needed to be more understable than my most understable roc (or just turn right sooner) id either use a putter, or FH a driver softly depending on how drastic the right turn was

for shots when something more stable was needed, i would power down on a driver, im not in to mids anymore stable than a new KC Roc.

I use a Fuse at the moment for an understable compliment to the roc since my sexy beat roc aced and i retired it, otherwise it would still be all rocs imagine.

Roc (3), Aviar (3), Cobra

If you need more than that you're thinkin way too much.

Mid range shots are under 300' folks. Unless you need some crazy skip or roller action - limiting your disc choices will do wonders for developing control and shot variety.

Rocs, old mold and new mold, DX XDs, a CE Champion Spider, San Marino 175 Cobra from the late 80s and a 180 Ontario Cobra that's flat.

2 Rocs (R-Pro and KC Pro), Star Stingray, Opto Core, and a Champ Spider. I also swap the champ Spider with a Star Spider or a Star Cro depending on the course. I am throwing more and more mid range shots with the Stingray lately.

Current, winter mid set-up.

KC Pro Roc 180g newish (overstable mid)
KC Pro Roc 180g beat (stable mid)
Star San Marino Roc 180g beat (understable mid)

Champ Coyote 178g beat (holds whatever line I put it on...more of a "touch" disc for certain situations where I don't feel I'm quite in putter range, but don't feel comfortable with one of the Rocs)

1 Star Roc 180gm (beefy workhorse)
1 KC Pro 164gm (finesse from 150' in)
1 DX Gator 175gm (JUST replaced with a spanky new Champ Gator 171gm)
1 FLX Buzz 177gm (for the moon-anhyzers I love so much)

Champ Cobra, a couple DX Stingrays (mostly for rolling) and a Whippet. No Roc or Buzz can duplicate the Stingray or the Whippet. I ust like the Champ Cobra better for precision shots.

A roc can do it all, but if if you are lazy and do not want to beat one in or have lost your beat in rocs I have complimented it with a Comet or a buzzz if I have lost my straight to understable roc, or a meteor/flying squirrel for my flippy roc. Ideally, I like to have all rocs in my bag though.

A roc can do it all, but if if you are lazy and do not want to beat one in or have lost your beat in rocs I have complimented it with a Comet or a buzzz if I have lost my straight to understable roc, or a meteor/flying squirrel for my flippy roc. Ideally, I like to have all rocs in my bag though.

I agree for the most part, but damn the mako is nice

The nicething about a mako is they can do whatever pretty much right out of the box

Carry usually two or three Rocs; a flat top for straight to anhyzer shots, a CE Roc for hyzer to straight shots in the wind and a less stable CE Roc for straighter shots. My other mid-ranges are a Condor for straight-as-straight-can-be shots, hyzer flips, and rollers and a recently re-added a Pig for higher power shots. Just got a new flat top that's going to be tested out over the next few rounds as well.