• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

S-Curve finishing left for RHFH

rphancock1

I'm trying to figure out how to throw a flex shot that finishes left, thrown RHFH. I can throw an understable disc that fades left, or hyzer flip an understable disc that flexes left, but finishes back to the right. I'd like to know if it's possible to throw a shot that leaves on a hyzer plane to the left, then flexes to the right, but flips and fades back to the left. Exactly like an anhyzer thrown RHBH.

Since I've spent a lot of time here but never posted: I'm new to the sport.. started playing in December. Of course bought fast drivers out of ignorance, but thanks to this forum I'm now only throwing mids and slower drivers.. Fuse, Core, Buzzz, Roc, Sidewinder, River, Monarch, Saint, Vision, Firebird, Valk. Throwing about 250-280', small single step and slow release focusing on the hit.

The shot I'm describing may just be a RHBH anhyzer, but if it's possible to throw something similar forehand, I'd love to hear any advice.

I wouldn't say its impossible, Ive just never seen it done. There's got to be a way to do it, but that just doesn't seem like a shot a lot of people would use. Ive got a buddy who can forehand a country mile, but has little control over his discs. Ive seen him throw some crazy shots RHFH that finished left, but not with the kind of flex you're referring to, and I have no idea how he does it.

It is possible, but extremely difficult to execute. I would throw something very understable with a lot of hyzer.

Yeah isn't that jus an extreme hyzer flip? Use something tha is super understable and very beat in

Should be able to get it done if you use enough OAT.

jk

We play with a guy that flicks an avenger and puts it on a 30 degree angle or so and it will turn way left. I can't really remember what it does at the end, but he gets pretty good results out of it...

Why not try learning a BH? Or throw a tomahawk. Seems easier than inventing a new shot.

Tomahawk or roller

This is your best chance for a somewhat flex shot. If you want to do it with a traditional flick, you'd have to find a way to throw the disc so that it leaves your hand spinning clockwise instead of the traditional counterclockwise.

A beat to death disc will finish left for you, but it isn't going to S-curve like you want.

Yeah, I think learning a backhand is simpler. I was just curious if it was a shot I hadn't heard about. Thanks..

Latest posts