• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs DGX Disc Golf Shoe

preracing25

Eagle Member
Salient Discs is proud to introduce the DGX disc golf shoe.

Salient DGX shoe is the first footwear product introduced by a true disc golf specific company. The DGX was created to fit the needs of the recreational or serious disc golfer by designing a shoe that will function great on and off the course. The sole features a "trail" inspired lug pattern that is made to excel on the fairway and unstable surfaces. The upper portion of the shoe features a urethane coated nylon which offers superior water resistance and will keep your feet dry in most wet conditions. The other main feature is the textured napa leather lower that surrounds the shoe offering great side to side stability while protecting against blow outs. The DGX is classified as a cross training/trail shoe that is best used on dirt or grassy surfaces.

Materials/Function:

•full water repellant oxford outer
•waterproof/water resistant urethane coated inner oxford
•full lower napa leather outer for side blow out protection
•synthetic polyurethane toe box for front toe protection
•rubber torsion control sole for added stability on and off the fairway
•stiff rear mid sole for added pivot stability
•neutral arch support for easy foot conformity
Colors:

1.Black with blue accents and white sole
2.Black with orange accents and orange sole
3.Red with black accents and red sole

General info:

We began testing an athletic shoe back in August 2013 originally announced as the DG Spec 1. Since this time we have had the opportunity to test different materials and designs for durability/aesthetics. Initial testing was very promising and included a one piece flat sole that gave great durability. However what we added in durability with a flat one piece sole we lost in comfort and overall grip. Therefore over the past few months we decided to change to a two piece sole which gave the shoe added comfort as well as grip on and off the teebox.

What makes our shoe different?
The DGX is the first shoe made by a 100% disc golf specific company. The benefits to this are that our main focus is providing quality products to disc golfers instead of dividing our time among other shoe products or rebranding an already existing product.

The DGX will perform great on the course in rough terrain as well as double as a shoe for every day use. The main features of the shoe include a polyurethane toe box for extra durability and suede napa leather for added stability in the fore/mid/rear foot. The shoe is also water repellant which means your feet will not get damp in the early morning dew.

Closing remarks?
With the inception of the DGX we have learned that there is no way that a shoe will last a lifetime especially in the sport of disc golf. We would like people to realize that even with the most durable materials a shoe will eventually wear down and need to be replaced based on how rough the user is on said product. Therefore the DGX was produced to be an acceptable alternative to other shoes on the market at an affordable price.

Pre-order pricing is $80 plus shipping for 1 pair, 2 pair is $135 plus shipping at www.salient-discs.com

Available in 3 different colors and men size 8.5-11

Special pre-order pricing only lasting til May 31,2014. Quantities are limited!! Arrival date is approximately mid-late summer 2014, exact date will be released 30 days before arrival to US.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Salient is still in business? Count me surprised.
Good luck selling these, they honestly look like gym shoes you'd find at Walmart. Definitely don't have the "cool" factor going for them and look like they're cheaply constructed. And for pretty much saying that these shoes won't last very long, $80(plus shipping) is still pretty steep. I can get some Merrells for that much and know that they'll look better and hold up better.

I gotta say, i am actually impressed with these, most specifically the sole pattern. The heal is smooth for pivoting and the luggs on the other areas look great for wet/muddy terrain and are spaced enough to prevent cakeing. The "waterproof/resistant" is a little confusing, but they are low-tops so i expect wet feet.

Great price... I was ready to buy until i saw the term "pre-order". I'll wait for the retail rollout. Any product testers have a review?

Guys feet are getting bigger as the population grows taller and taller. Definitely should have bigger sizes available. I'm a size 12 wide. Like Bender, guess no shoes here either.

I gotta say, i am actually impressed with these, most specifically the sole pattern. The heal is smooth for pivoting and the luggs on the other areas look great for wet/muddy terrain and are spaced enough to prevent cakeing. The "waterproof/resistant" is a little confusing, but they are low-tops so i expect wet feet.

Great price... I was ready to buy until i saw the term "pre-order". I'll wait for the retail rollout. Any product testers have a review?

Thanks Jrawk, that is my mistake on not catching the "waterproof/resistant" line. The shoes are water resistant. I never like using the term waterproof because that gives people the idea that they can stand in a puddle for a lengthy period of time and your feet will never get wet. The DGX will do a great job at keeping your feet dry when playing those early morning rounds in long wet grass, rounds in which it is raining, and those times where you need to walk through some soft ground. Like always if you go above the shoe expect to get wet.

I know the size range is not what people were hoping for. With the Current sole the largest we can go is size 11. With every size made also come another mold and another cost. The market for golf shoes is not as large as the market for golf discs and when you have a item that is based on a size it makes said item more expensive.

I am hoping people will give the DGX a shot and I personally think you will be happy with them.

Mens sizes 8.5-11? Weird.

agreed. I actually think they could be nice shoes, but since they are not a large shoe company I assume they had to go after the highest selling size range, which limits me out.

Warranty? Why should I buy these shoes instead of going to REI, who has a lifetime warranty?

Sounds like a bunch fancy words to describe a simple shoe. The look is better than I thougt it would be, I'll give you that.

And why are you different? Because your company specializes in disc golf? Who cares? Do you think I'm less likely to buy a Keen because they are not solely a disc golf company?(no pun intended)

I wear a 10 EEE, I find it hard to buy shoes because of my wide feet. No chance I would gamble on these.

From the pictures, I can't ever imagine dropping $80 on them. The layered soles don't seem like they'd be something that would stand up to DG related activities.

Shouldn't Salient be focused on improving their other DG endeavors before diversifying into more?

The only thing I can really say guys is some people enjoy supporting disc golf companies. Same idea as people who only buy stuff made in the USA because they want to support the US. Some people will buy from a company because they are just a disc golf company so they are in turn supporting the sport of disc golf. As always everyone is more than welcome to buy what they would like. I am just here to let you guys know the shoes are coming. Some people will buy and some people will not. I appreciate anyone and everyone for at least taking time to come and read the thread and look at the shoes.

Looks like a decent shoe. I'll be interested in a set perhaps when 11.5-12 become available. $80 is a decent price point for custom outdoors shoes. I particularly like the red/black. Good work.

Latest posts