• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs DGX Disc Golf Shoe

Good luck with your product and your business.
That said, while this is technically an announcement it seems like you should be a DGCR Vendor to create a thread such as this one.

Tim's worked hard to develop DGCR as a brand, and his site pulls in a boatload of your potential client base. He's established a proper way for vendors to reach us, and IMHO, he's entitled to something for doing so. I'd say thread is an end run around that.

Only read about half this thread, but surely I'm not the only one who thinks that's the case?

So let me get this straight...

* You have bought 4 pairs of Keens in your life
* You receive 1-2 more pairs PER PURCHASE of Keens
* You only use the warranty within a reasonable amount of time (1 month)
* So you buy a pair of Keens, they "last" you a month, and then you get 1 more pair, then they last a month, then you get another pair, which lasts you apparently more than a month.

Sounds like you love getting free shoes, aka abusing the system.

Again, DGers think they need such BA shoes because they abuse the shoes, and thus in turn abuse the warranty. You won't change my mind on that. This is precisely the reason why smaller companies cost more, and can't offer the same competitive price for their products. People that use a shoe for a month, and "like the shoe", but for some reason have so many warranty claims.

I hope REI does what a lot of stores are doing nowadays, and tracking customer returns to limit how much they can bring back in a fiscal year.

Not at all abusing the system. If a shoe can't last over a month or 2 then I use the warranty. Like when its at the end of the season and the shoe is still good, and I take most of the winter off and then the shoe fails at the start of the next season, I just buy another pair. If a shoe can last me half a season then Im happy.

If I wanted to abuse the system it would be real easy to with Keen since they let you keep your shoes and just give you a voucher for the price of the shoes. I could just intentionally break a small part of the shoe once I get them in and fill out the warranty and get another pair, and keep doing so until they didn't let me any more.

I continue to use Keen because the actually have customer service and they have quality products.

And mind you that I have been using Keen for about 4 or 5 years now so not all of my shoes were gotten within a year.

So let me get this straight...

* You have bought 4 pairs of Keens in your life - True
* You receive 1-2 more pairs PER PURCHASE of Keens - True
* You only use the warranty within a reasonable amount of time (1 month) True except the time interval isn't always the sam
* So you buy a pair of Keens - True, they "last" you a month - Not always the case, but it has happened before., and then you get 1 more pair - True, then they last a month - Again thats not always the case and usually isnt, then you get another pair, which lasts you apparently more than a month. - N0t always true here also. I have gotten a second warranty claim on a pair only once and that was because I had one of the lugs on the bottom rip off after the first week.

Sounds like you love getting free shoes, aka abusing the system. - Everybody loves getting free shoes, but saying that getting free shoes is abusing the system is just false when you dont have anywhere near all the facts.

Again, DGers think they need such BA shoes because they abuse the shoes- Not all disc golfers abuse their shoes. Some have some bad form flaws that cause the shoes the fail. There is currently only one shoe available to the public that is designed for DG and when that shoe fails to protect what it is designed for then it should be replaced., and thus in turn abuse the warranty. You won't change my mind on that. This is precisely the reason why smaller companies cost more, and can't offer the same competitive price for their products. People that use a shoe for a month, and "like the shoe", but for some reason have so many warranty claims.

I hope REI does what a lot of stores are doing nowadays, and tracking customer returns to limit how much they can bring back in a fiscal year.

Thats great that you are honest about it. but most people,( the reason REI changed their policy) will just use the warranty when its time for a new pair. thats killer for a small business. I just think people see Salient, and immediately hate whatever it is. thats not fair to them. they are trying to listen to issues and resolve them. if you hate them then start a page or thread for that. dont just come into every salient thread and spew nonsense because you are butthurt.

Based on your posts, you are either working with the company, a friend of someone in the company(Salient's from SC too, no?), or a blind fanboy. I remember thinking that in the catalyst thread, just confirming it here.

I have a prometheus and had an antidote/catalyst. I am more than qualified to speak of my experience with the company. Consumers have a right to know if a product is good or not and many of us here are more than qualified to give our opinion on them. I don't care if you think anyone is butt hurt, because you are hypocritically coming in here (like a salient rep) and being majorly butt hurt over *Salient's* failures.

Start a page if we want to spew nonsense? lol. Sorry, but this isn't Salients facebook page where you can delete all the negative reviews. This is for *real* disc golfers and *real* reviews. Scott seems to be a decent customer service guy, but the rest of you trying to perform damage control are just leaving a bigger skid in Salients underpants~

Warranty Question

If someone chooses to purchase with the warranty option and receives an obviously defective shoe (ie, no laces, sole tears off on first use, etc) will that count against one of the four warranty claims? So in reality, that person is now just getting 3 shoes for $150 rather than 4.

If someone chooses to purchase with the warranty option and receives an obviously defective shoe (ie, no laces, sole tears off on first use, etc) will that count against one of the four warranty claims? So in reality, that person is now just getting 3 shoes for $150 rather than 4.

Hi Brad,
When you receive the shoes you would inspect them to make sure there is nothing wrong with them such as lacing, stitching, loose sole. These are manufacturer defect and would not count against your 3 warranty claims.

Hi Brad,
When you receive the shoes you would inspect them to make sure there is nothing wrong with them such as lacing, stitching, loose sole. These are manufacturer defect and would not count against your 3 warranty claims.

Just trying to clarify terminology. Generally a warranty is a protection against defect not caused by normal use. By what you've said, you're already offering that kind of protection, but it is voided the moment the shoes are actually used.

The "warranty" you are offering is not really a protection against defect, it's more of a special price promotion for four pairs of shoes with some special conditions (previous pair must be returned to receive the next).

Just trying to clarify terminology. Generally a warranty is a protection against defect not caused by normal use. By what you've said, you're already offering that kind of protection, but it is voided the moment the shoes are actually used.

The "warranty" you are offering is not really a protection against defect, it's more of a special price promotion for four pairs of shoes with some special conditions (previous pair must be returned to receive the next).

The issue is trying to determine normal use when it comes to shoes. We would have to break it down to how many holes you play in a week, what kind of tee pads you throw from. The list would be endless.

The previous pair must be returned so we can look at them and determine a cause for failure so we can make changes for future runs.

The issue is trying to determine normal use when it comes to shoes. We would have to break it down to how many holes you play in a week, what kind of tee pads you throw from. The list would be endless.

The previous pair must be returned so we can look at them and determine a cause for failure so we can make changes for future runs.

I completely understand, I'm not criticizing, just trying to get some clarity.

Any shoes that arrive with manufacturing defects may be returned for a replacement pair.

Pre-order customers have the option to order a 4 pair supply of shoes for $150. The customer may only own one pair at a time, to receive the next pair, the customer must return the previous pair in original packaging.

I completely understand, I'm not criticizing, just trying to get some clarity.

Any shoes that arrive with manufacturing defects may be returned for a replacement pair.

Pre-order customers have the option to order a 4 pair supply of shoes for $150. The customer may only own one pair at a time, to receive the next pair, the customer must return the previous pair in original packaging.

And register the shoes within 7 days of receiving first pair.

Any chance these are ever gonna be made in a 13 double extra wide, lol. I need some decent disc shoes and apparently, manufactures don't think guys my size go outside much.

Bump for some info. Anybody wearing these yet?

soon! :thmbup: appear to have been redesigned from first prototypes

http://salient-discs.com/dgx/

Salient DGX shoe is the first footwear product introduced by a true disc golf specific company. The DGX was created to fit the needs of the recreational or serious disc golfer by designing a shoe that will function great on and off the course. The upper toe features a synthetic toe cap for toe drag durability and the sole features a "trail" inspired lug pattern that is made to excel on the fairway and unstable surfaces. The upper portion of the shoe features a urethane coated nylon which offers superior water resistance and will keep your feet dry in most wet conditions but also features mesh liner for moisture wicking. The other main feature is the textured napa leather lower that surrounds the shoe offering great side to side stability while protecting against blow outs. The DGX is classified as a cross training/trail shoe that is best used on dirt or grassy surfaces.

Buy Now: http://salient-discs.com/product-category/shoes/

Materials/Function:
•full water repellant oxford outer
•waterproof/water resistant urethane coated inner oxford
•full lower napa leather outer for side blow out protection
•synthetic polyurethane toe box for front toe protection
•rubber torsion control sole for added stability on and off the fairway
•stiff rear mid sole for added pivot stability
•neutral arch support for easy foot conformity
•Re-Stock in Winter 2014 (shipping late 2014/early 2015)

Colors:
1.Black with black accents and black sole
2.Black with brown accents and black sole

Salient DGX

$65.00 -- Late 2014
Salient DGX shoe is the first footwear product introduced by a true disc golf specific company. The DGX was created to fit the needs of the recreational or serious disc golfer by designing a shoe that will function great on and off the course. The sole features a "trail" inspired lug pattern that is made to excel on the fairway and unstable surfaces. The DGX is classified as a cross training/trail shoe that is best used on dirt or grassy surfaces.

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

Any chance these are ever gonna be made in a 13 double extra wide, lol. I need some decent disc shoes and apparently, manufactures don't think guys my size go outside much.

sizes 10-12 only at this time.

I like that little logo on the bottom that makes you think it's a Vibram sole. Same exact shape and the company name inside it, it just isn't yellow.

Shady biz...

I think the yellow is what makes the vibram logo :confused:

Vibram website doesn't even touch on disc golf either lol.