• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient HELIX Bag

Wait, no screen printed fantasy map to lead you into a land of gayness. Who cares about mini pockets, this is the real deal breaker. In all seriousness though the bag looks really nice. I just wish it was the same size as the catalyst, which was the one thing I liked about that bag. This looks like it will be a winner with players that carry a lot of plastic.

Scott P
1) is there smaller pockets inside of the side storage areas?
2) are the small pockets next to the water bottle holders big enough to get my stool into?
3) are the side storage areas bigger (taller, wider, or deeper) than the ones on my Grip A ?

Scott P
1) is there smaller pockets inside of the side storage areas?
2) are the small pockets next to the water bottle holders big enough to get my stool into?
3) are the side storage areas bigger (taller, wider, or deeper) than the ones on my Grip A ?

Here is a picture of each side pocket. I know its not great but I will get you a better picture of mine if need be.
picture.php

picture.php

Here is a picture of the bag with a stool attached.
picture.php

As far as the side pockets compared to a grip. First I will note that I do not own one and have not sat down to compare the 2. I believe they are similar in height and width but the lower portion of the Helix pocket may be a bit deeper. Also the zippers are full zippers from top to bottom I believe the grip is only a 3/4 but again I don't own one.

any pics of someone wearing it? i apologize if they have been posted earlier in the thread.. bag looks amazing though, great job and good luck!

any pics of someone wearing it? i apologize if they have been posted earlier in the thread.. bag looks amazing though, great job and good luck!

I meant to get one last night when I was out playing. I will see if I can get my fiance to take one tonight.

These bags look great guys. I wasn't looking to upgrade but.... maybe.

Width of the side pockets are similar to a GRIP and the height of the side pockets are slightly taller and deeper.

Thanks Scott, looks like one inner pocket at the top of the side storage areas, is this correct?

This is looking better and better.

Thanks Scott, looks like one inner pocket at the top of the side storage areas, is this correct?

This is looking better and better.

Yup both sides have the same pocket at the top of the side pockets. Size of a large wallet. I put my birdie bag in one side. Have not figured out what to do with the other side yet.

I purchased a first run contender, overall I was very frustrated in the misrepresentations and quality. However other than some shoulder strap wear the thing has held up wonderfully over some very brutal conditions.

Any chance loyalty is rewarded for those of us who purchased a while ago and are supporting again?

I purchased a first run contender, overall I was very frustrated in the misrepresentations and quality. However other than some shoulder strap wear the thing has held up wonderfully over some very brutal conditions.

Any chance loyalty is rewarded for those of us who purchased a while ago and are supporting again?

Hi NatiBuckeye,
I first want to thank you for supporting us back in the Contender days and I am glad you are liking the bag. We are not going to be offering any loyalty discount other than the one for the catalyst. Your bag is however covered by a lifetime warranty so if you are having an issue with some shoulder strap separation please feel free to shoot me an email with some pictures and I will see what I can do to get it taken care of for you.

Latest posts