• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch... 1st ever perfect 5.00 in top 10?

All I have to say is WOW REALLY? Their beliefs/religoin are not pushed or forced on anyone, also they (D&C) let us go in after our discs. They also said any discs that are collected they would make phone calls for the ones that have phone numbers on them. Dave and Candy are wonderful ppl...so until you go there and have your own experience with them...only talk about what you know (green fees, golf cart prices, etc.). Shut up and throw.

Well said. :thmbup:

Anybody got a pronunciation on this place?

First syllable:
-See
-Seh
-Say
??

I'm sort-of assuming the second syllable is a standard short a, sorta like "luh", but I suppose it could be "lah".

Or maybe it's totally cornball "suhlay". Or not.

Anybody got a pronunciation on this place?

First syllable:
-See
-Seh
-Say
??

I'm sort-of assuming the second syllable is a standard short a, sorta like "luh", but I suppose it could be "lah".

Or maybe it's totally cornball "suhlay". Or not.

C-lah

$20 for a cart? that's a little bit ridiculous. I know golf courses that don't charge that much.

Do you really know for sure? I don't think so.

While the prices probably varies across the country. I know that the golf courses that are run by the county here in Austin charge around $12 to $15 PER rider.

You should google cart fees in your region, and report back to us!

Im gonna play these on my trip to tucson, AZ . Hope they live up to the hype

My fiance(who loves dg) just booked the coral house for a couple days right b/f thanksgiving. I'm planning on playing each course at least twice. Can't wait!

I've played Flip and I live less then 8 miles from Idle. I have yet to write a review on either bc I don't think I could do either their due justice. Both are awesome courses but they are completely different. If I get the chance to make it to Texas I hope that I get the chance to check this course out. But being almost 14 hours away I don't think its going to be anytime soon. I have still not reviewed My home course(Banklick) and I've played it over 100 times in the two years I've lived in the area. I try not to read into a review to much.

My fiance(who loves dg) just booked the coral house for a couple days right b/f thanksgiving. I'm planning on playing each course at least twice. Can't wait!

Ya'll are really going to enjoy it. Great people too! The pro shop was not ready when we went. Would you take pics I would like to see how the pro shop turned out. Thanx.

Ya'll are really going to enjoy it. Great people too! The pro shop was not ready when we went. Would you take pics I would like to see how the pro shop turned out. Thanx.

Sure! I'm sure we will be taking lots of pics. Didn't now they had a proshop either, which is good cause i'm sure i'll throw a few in the drink.

And just to be clear its pronounced "see-lah" right?

Sure! I'm sure we will be taking lots of pics. Didn't now they had a proshop either, which is good cause i'm sure i'll throw a few in the drink.

And just to be clear its pronounced "see-lah" right?

Yes that is how it is pronounced. Have fun!! In the proshop there should be a Selah Ranch Team tourney disc with a lot of signatures hanging on the wall. Could you take a pic of that if it is up? Thank you. Making disc golf history.

Couldn't help but notice that the majority of those perfect reviews came from players who have only reviewed those courses. Smells a little fishy

Not that I blame them. Going around telling everyone your course is the best is definitely a good way to bring attention to it.

Don't get me wrong they look like great courses, if I'm ever down that way I'll be sure and hit them up

some people don't really care to write a lot of reviews. it's easy to imagine, especially with some athletic types. but someone impressed enough with a course to decide they ought to write a review just to get the word out is a good thing.

Yes that is how it is pronounced. Have fun!! In the proshop there should be a Selah Ranch Team tourney disc with a lot of signatures hanging on the wall. Could you take a pic of that if it is up? Thank you. Making disc golf history.

Speaking of that teams event.....any details? Ive heard lots of rumors but nothing concrete. Did you play the straightline thing, didnt get to meet up. And we will see you in just over 3 weeks at teams, form what I hear.

Speaking of that teams event.....any details? Ive heard lots of rumors but nothing concrete. Did you play the straightline thing, didnt get to meet up. And we will see you in just over 3 weeks at teams, form what I hear.

What do you want to know about Selah? Four teams showed up (less than expected)...but we all had a great time. Yes I played the SL event...took second. Were you there? Yes I have a Texas Team together!! Team Pocket Aces.

Giddy Up (Houston Team) took 1st
DQ 1 took 2nd
DQ 2 took 3rd
Team Disc-Tortion took 4th

Got to meet some wonderful ppl and make new friends. Got green fees free for the rest of the year.

Last edited:
Cool, no drama at Selah then? I was kind of at TL, had a pulled groin and tried to play but not to well obviously. Justin told me bout yalls team. You can always spot me, I usually always stand out and I always sporting my team $hit

Cool, no drama at Selah then? I was kind of at TL, had a pulled groin and tried to play but not to well obviously. Justin told me bout yalls team. You can always spot me, I usually always stand out and I always sporting my team $hit

and a beer in hand and toothpick in mouth

So, which way do you want it? Do you want them to be Christians or not? According to you, they aren't allowed to evangelize, but they are allowed to return your discs to you?

Am I allowed to point out your glaring contradictions, or would you prefer me to just ignore your stupidity?

Returning discs does not a Christian make.

...and I know plenty of "Christians" that live by the finders-keepers rule, so one should not assume that this style of retreat is any more or less likely to do good deeds (after all, those good deeds won't get you into heaven anyway, so screw the crappy golfers and their lousy lost discs).

Returning discs does not a Christian make.

...and I know plenty of "Christians" that live by the finders-keepers rule, so one should not assume that this style of retreat is any more or less likely to do good deeds (after all, those good deeds won't get you into heaven anyway, so screw the crappy golfers and their lousy lost discs).

Of course you do. There are probably many groups of Christians walking around hoping to find other peoples belongings just to keep it for themselves and let out an evil laugh and rub their hands together.:rolleyes:

Agree.

Does anyone care to share their favorite hole on the courses?

I've been working everyday since late august and have played less than 50 holes since then. I think those courses are gonna tear me up. I guess i better start on the shorts :|