• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoe Preferences?

You know what they say, "Shoes make the man." It's not about the skill level... it's all about how good you look when you throw. Personally, I like going barefoot - nothing looks as good as a filthy, nasty pair of feet after a round in the morning dew.

Don't overthink it footwear.
1) Are they comfortable?
2) Do they provide good support, decent arch, etc, and generally seem well constructed?
3) Are they well suited to the terrain/conditions?
4) Will you wear them for something other than disc golf?
5) Can you get them for what you feel is a reasonable price?

IMHO...as long as I can answer "yes" to those, buy 'em. Even a single 'No' should tell you to keep looking.

My oldest pair of sneaks does just fine for most rounds. If it's a bit chilly, or damp outside, I have a pair of Nevados hiking boots I picked up a few years ago for something like 29 bucks at Costco. I just spray 'em up with some water repellent crap every now & then, and I'm a happy camper. :)

I picked up a pair of turf shoes, the kind with hundreds of small rounded nubs on the bottom (like half-assed cleats). They get excellent traction on grass/dirt but still let you freely rotate so you don't tear your knee up. They also get perfect traction on cement tee pads.

I picked up a pair made by underarmour that was on sale for $25 and I couldn't be happier.

Hey Mike, you might want to check these out. I am getting these for wet and rainy courses. They have gotten great reviews and are Wolverines. $59.99 At Academy Sports And Outdoors

WOLVERINE MEN'S HUCK WATERPROOF MID HIKERS:

WolverineMensHuckWaterproofMidHiker.jpg

Those look like they have good traction, but I am very partial to leather. I cover mine in bee's wax and it keeps my socks dry unless if it is down pouring.

I wear whatever pair of shoes I can find in the clearance section at whatever shoe store. I'm pretty hard on DG shoes so it doesn't make sense for me to spend more than like $30 on a pair.

ive tried a few different light hikers for disc golf...Salomons are my favourite since they fit me the best and seem to last forever, merrels are good too but dont fit my foot as well.

Ive owned Keens and Teva's as well but wouldnt get them again, they both started falling apart after just a few months

i berk it around the course and go barefoot for drives... barefoot is the only way to drive. the ability to grip the ground with your toes and get that added push with the foot flexibility can not be understated in my opinion.

i will also mention that if you are anti being completely barefoot out in the woods and other such places where your feet will get torn up, but like the feel of being barefoot... try out some five fingers. they are awesome.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

Latest posts