• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon's Vlog

hmm i dont know why the video did not work...something about the time stamp?

But its on Simons channel

I know it is very early as far as his MVP bag goes, but does anybody think he sticks with Anodes at his putting putters or does he move on to something else? Maybe he tries out the Pilot?

I know it is very early as far as his MVP bag goes, but does anybody think he sticks with Anodes at his putting putters or does he move on to something else? Maybe he tries out the Pilot?

As per his contract he has to putt with an overmold disc.
Normally I'd say we could expect a P2 clone in gyro soon, but when he was at Discmania he kept trying to switch off the P2 every few years so who knows.

Normally I'd say we could expect a P2 clone in gyro soon, but when he was at Discmania he kept trying to switch off the P2 every few years so who knows.

The whole thing about using the gyro putters is something I would have tried to negotiate out if I was him. Limit me to gyro drivers? Fine. Mids? Whatever. Handcuff me in my putting game? No thanks.

I have Pilots and other than a flatter feel with less of a shoulder they are very P2 like when putting.

Is MVP really struggling to sell putters or something so that forcing them on Simon is really where they wanted to go? What if he struggles horribly with his putting? Is that going to boost sales? I would think if Simon struggles to putt with them I would definitely steer clear of adding them to my game.

Right now his putting is making overmolds look bad, and switching to a solo mold would look even worse. What if they developed a putter with a heavy flight plate and a smaller than normal overmold just to keep up apperances?

Or he could adjust in a few weeks and all this talk would be for nothing.

Why not just dye a black rim on some Pilots? i switched from P2s to Pilots a few years back due to availability and if anything it improved my putting.

To me at least it just looks like his anodes have a bit more fade than he's used to and don't have as much float. I found the nomad to have a bit more float than the envy and proxy at least, coming from somebody who push putts without a lot of spin. Haven't tried the anode so can't compare those two directly.

Personally I think he either needs some time to break the anodes in or maybe move to the nomad. I could also see a situation where to get the desired flight out of an overmold putter he's having to put more spin on the disc, and he's just not consistent with the change yet.

Dude is an insane thrower of the disc, he'll get his putt figured out one way another. He'll either beat some glide and straightness into an anode, switch to another mold, or have MVP create a new one for him.

He'll either beat some glide and straightness into an anode, switch to another mold, or have MVP create a new one for him.

I'd be willing to bet that the first disc they create just for him will likely be a putter. Kind a like when they did the Nomad for Conrad.

I do wonder if Simon has tried the Ion yet. If I was contractually obligated to putt with an overmold putter it would likely be the Ion.

As I recall, it is a 'request' not a hard and fast demand. Seemed to be leaving a loophole....we'd prefer that you putt with an overmold putter, but if you just can't get one to work you can try a Streamline putter (but please try out all the overmold ones first).

As I recall, it is a 'request' not a hard and fast demand. Seemed to be leaving a loophole....we'd prefer that you putt with an overmold putter, but if you just can't get one to work you can try a Streamline putter (but please try out all the overmold ones first).

I'd love to see him try the Eclipse Pilot. He doesn't seem to be gelling with the Anode.

I honestly think that he'd like putting with Electron Proxys, and aren't there a lot of people who like putting with the Atom?

As I was making my transition to MVP/Axiom and I was going thru putters last summer. I found the Electron Proxy and Ion too floatie. On the same day back in September I picked up a Prism Plasma Envy and R2 Nomad. The Envy won out straight into the chains and can work the wind with it. The best putter I've had. The Nomad was too floaty, but was my approach putter up until a few weeks ago when I picked up an Eclipse Envy. The Eclipse too floatie as a putter but has become my best approach putter in just a few weeks, dropping in this 80-footer last week in the photo, and another C3 a little shorter, half as many as the Nomad in three months' time. The Eclipse flies so smooth to the basket. I would like to pick up a Plasma Entropy, supposed to be similar to a Pig which I still bag.

I just can't believe that MVP would handcuff Simon's putter choice.

Attachments

• envy 80.jpg
    envy 80.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
As I was making my transition to MVP/Axiom and I was going thru putters last summer. I found the Electron Proxy and Ion too floatie. On the same day back in September I picked up a Prism Plasma Envy and R2 Nomad. The Envy won out straight into the chains and can work the wind with it. The best putter I've had. The Nomad was too floaty, but was my approach putter up until a few weeks ago when I picked up an Eclipse Envy. The Eclipse too floatie as a putter but has become my best approach putter in just a few weeks, dropping in this 80-footer last week in the photo, and another C3 a little shorter, half as many as the Nomad in three months' time. The Eclipse flies so smooth to the basket. I would like to pick up a Plasma Entropy, supposed to be similar to a Pig which I still bag.

I just can't believe that MVP would handcuff Simon's putter choice.

I think a lot of people consider the Envy a throwing putter and not a putting putter. Which is a shame as one disc can fill both spots.

I don't think MVP is 'handcuffing' Simon, I've seen it as a request not an order....I've never seen them or him say he HAS to putt with a gyro putter. Truthfully, I think he is handcuffing himself. I've only seen him putt with the Anode....why isn't he trying any of the other gyro putters? My guess is that the measurements of the Anode come the closest to what he was putting with, so he expects it to act the same. He should get two of each putter (Ion, Atom, Envy, Nomad, any other one I might have overlooked) and test them with his Anodes. See what works best for him and then try that disc in different plastics. If he absolutely can't get one to work for him, go to MVP and say....I need you to create "this" putter for me or I'll try the non-gryo putters.

If the Anode is hyzering out to soon for him, maybe he should consider the Spin?

What is the reference for this? I don't watch every ounce of Simon content or always pay the best attention but I don't see MVP caring as long as its MVP/Axiom/Streamline.

I mean I remember James when signed he said they preferred he stuck to the overmold but wouldn't stop him from using streamline if he felt he needed to.

Latest posts