• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Smoking BANNED at 2011 Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this thread, but work is boring. So here I am again.:doh:

Well puff away - hope holding on to your principles of "smokers rights" (as ridiculous as that notion is) makes you happy, because that's about the only forseeable benefit to your position.

exactly. I think fat people walking around play DG at a championship reflects poorly on the sport, moreso than smoking. To outsiders, it will seem like 'oh wow look at that fat guy playing, this sport must not be too hard. I guess it's not a real sport.'

Yeah because we all know the Patriots Line aren't athletes and aren't playing a sport. While I don't have a problem with smoking on the course I do have a problem with people saying my playing is making the sport look bad. Did Craig Stadler make everyone think golf was easy because a bigger guy could do it?

The not fat, not smoking players are definitely more beneficial to the sport when they're only slightly prejudice. Let's kick all the people that enjoy a beer or two after a round, or he'll let's kick black people and handicap people out. You're ****ing ignorant if you think this is some how better for the image of a fringe sport. I know this is the point to make it not so fringe, but if this is what you think will take it to that next level. It's obvious why you're not making decisions about the sport and you're sitting here preaching your bull**** opinions. This is common sense, there are 100x more good people out there playing this sport that are much more over weight or that smoke than there are non-smokers or prefered weight for their age and size. I'd say that more of them have done more to progress this sport in positive or beneficial ways than more than half of you ever would. So trying to inforce something like this is just ignorant. Like telling me I can't have sex a certain way. All you vanilla sex people keep on with your segregation.

Status
Not open for further replies.