• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Smoking BANNED at 2011 Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
NY is planning on passing a law making it illegal to smoke in your own car if you have a minor in the car.

I don't care either way. I don't smoke and I'm not in the Pdga. I just wanted to rile you guys up and post a cool pic of Cabrera and his caddy. :p

if the players want it changed vote in a new board. That simple

Thats cause they have NEFA which is way better than the PDGA.
NEFA has its issues. Many there have agreed that having ratings would be helpful for defining divisions and more PDGA events are being hosted there each year. NEFA also hosts one of the highest paying non-Major PDGA events each year as the Vibram Open. So the PDGA is happy with the progress promoters are making to support the PDGA in NEFAland. A similar transition to support the PDGA occurred in Minnesota 10 years ago. Sometimes it takes a while for the benefits value to take hold in an area.

Last edited:
NY is planning on passing a law making it illegal to smoke in your own car if you have a minor in the car.

I'm pretty sure California already has this law. Doesn't sound obscene, in fact, this is one smoking law I support to the fullest. I try my hardest not to smoke with kids in the same general area.

Will people be allowed to use personal vaporizers (ie. e-cigarettes)? They produce no smoke, only vapor

I just got one and haven't smoked a cigarette since

isnt the end goal of every smoker to quit? fu*k it, evryone should be happy pdga cares that much.. after all smoking is harmful to everyone around it. i dont like being around it, thats for sure. this isnt bowling for fuk sake. for everyone getting pissed about the ban, fuk off. its better for everyone. the sport, the spectator, the smoker, and every individual around it otherwise. im all for pdga banning smoking in all sanctioned events..

^Wait....WHAT?

It's harmful for everyone around me, AND myself?

Holy crap! Thank you for informing me! I should quit RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!

good luck smart a$s. smoke one for me.

thanks for this completely useless response Bob

I just wanted to know if a personal vaporizer would be accepted? Its me "asthma inhaler" lol

thanks for this completely useless response Bob

I just wanted to know if a personal vaporizer would be accepted? Its me "asthma inhaler" lol

They appear like cigarettes and will not be allowed. This proves it is an image issue over a health issue.
I am too stupid to use an E cig. as a non smoker I thought I was supposed to blow into it to get it to smoke and nothing happened :doh: I figured it out and my mouth tasted like a cig for 4-5 hours.

glad

Im glad that they banned smoking, pro sports are for athletes, you shouldnt see them smokin!

Im glad that they banned smoking, pro sports are for athletes, you shouldnt see them smokin!

exactly.. it's way better when they just smoke, curse, shoot up and womanize behind the scenes.

As a smoker I agree with the rule change from an image standpoint. I'm sorry, but it's totally trashy to see 'professional' athletes taking a puff in the middle of the round. I do, however think they should have the option to sneak a puff 'off the course' in some kind of capacity should they want to, and time allows for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts