• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Smoking BANNED at 2011 Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help

Okay I feel like a moron. I'm trying to post a video and not having any luck. I tried clicking on the yourube icon and pasting the URL between the youtube brackets and no luck. Also no luck pasting the embed code there either. One or the other of these has always worked on other sites before.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Now I not only feel like a moron but I also look like one cause you can't delete or edit on this site after 5 mins.

Wah wah wah. Let em clean us up. Hell I did an interview for the news today about disc golf and I even shaved and put on cologne. Time to represent professionalism folks.

And if you're not a member of the pdga and you're voicing an opinion in this thread it should be deleted, you have no voice on the matter lol.

One of the local pro's around Columbus OH, Brad Schick has put together an online poll about this topic. He is posting poll updates regularly on the PDGA forums.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FVPPR5F

I don't think it will carry much weight with the PDGA Board of Directors but it certainly cannot hurt for them to see what the overall membership thinks about the topic.

That poll loses all credibility because of the non-neutral language used in the second question.

Whoaaa.....If Zenbot says its not credible no one should use the poll. :|

Like I said in my post i don't think it will have a large affect on the Board of Directors but it certainly gives people who feel strongly about the issue a place to quantitatively express themselves.

....On a side note I am pretty sure the person who created the poll is not a smoker.

Whoaaa.....If Zenbot says its not credible no one should use the poll. :|

I'm glad you agree. :D

Seriously, though, the way the question is asked definitely jades the poll. To take this further it's a silly question to ask. PDGA board members are elected to make decisions. If people don't like the decisions they're making they should vote for different people.

Q: Should the PDGA have that much control over these decisions without the membership approval?

A:By voting for the board the members already gave them approval.

If the poll is asking for a direct democracy in all PDGA matters it should ask that.

Like I said in my post i don't think it will have a large affect on the Board of Directors but it certainly gives people who feel strongly about the issue a place to quantitatively express themselves.

Yes, I agree it will be lopsided. Non-smokers will be less passionate about this, therefore smokers will vote more.

Last edited:
...Annnnd in related news: 2011 AM's registration is far lower than expected.:popcorn:

Seriously, though, the way the question is asked definitely jades the poll. To take this further it's a silly question to ask. PDGA board members are elected to make decisions. If people don't like the decisions they're making they should vote for different people.

I think this is just to show those people who are supposed to represent us what we are thinking.

I agree that this is a jaded poll.

As for smokers being way more passionate about this, if you read back through this thread it seems like opinion on here is pretty close to 50/50.

Do PGA players smoke on the course?
angel_cabrera_smoking.jpg

Huh? People are still whining about this? Just like gas prices, nothing you can do about it, deal with it lol. And i do smoke...

...Annnnd in related news: 2011 AM's registration is far lower than expected.:popcorn:

I'm not sure what is expected being separate from Pro's and in the East. There are nearly 300 players registered with over a month left to register. The no smoking policy has been a non issue for amateurs in Illinois that I talk to. The $4.00+ per gallon gas is.

I smoke, I am dealing with it, I am registered and none of that makes it right. These events are being used to potentially set a precedent for the future. That is why I think it is important for everyone, smokers and non-smokers, to voice their opinion so that the BOD can make an informed decision based on what their membership base supports.

If you look at the Rochester location compared with mid-Ohio last year, most PDGA members are located in the quadrant southwest of Roch with much lower numbers NW, NE and SE of Roch. Mid-Ohio had significant numbers of PDGA members to draw from in all four quadrants (similar to BG Ams) with the NE being the weakest for PDGA members. I suspect as pointed out above, the gas prices may be delaying or preventing a commitment until the last minute.

I smoke, I am dealing with it, I am registered and none of that makes it right. These events are being used to potentially set a precedent for the future. That is why I think it is important for everyone, smokers and non-smokers, to voice their opinion so that the BOD can make an informed decision based on what their membership base supports.

lol, I'm talking to the whiners buddy. I understand they are supposed to be of the players, for the players, but when a governing body makes a decision based on what they think will help propel our sport, I say whatever lol.

Dave Feldberg is a smoker and one of the top players in the world. He voted to support this policy for Worlds. I believe there was only 1 vote against it but i'm not sure who that was. I can't find it. I think it was pretty easy to do since it was already prohibited at Pro Worlds due to possible fires.

I would suggest contacting them on Facebook. I did a quick look and most are on there. Avery Jenkins, David Felberg, Dave Nesbitt, Cale Leiviskia, Julian Korver, Robert Decker, & Todd Andrews. The only one that I could not find was Todd Andrews.

You can also contact them here.
http://www.pdga.com/contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts