• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Played league (yesterday) and I did a lot better.....8 strokes better than my previous round there. I've had a few issues to work through and I'm getting there.

1. I tend to forget to play my game. When I play with better players, I catch myself trying to play their game (throwing harder, doing a runup instead of a walkup, etc). I focused on playing Bill's game....my mantra is What Should Bill Do?

2. Keeping score detracted me from playing. This time, I still kept score, but after I recorded all the scores, I did a 'mental wipe down' and separated Bill the scorekeeper from Bill the player. Made a huge difference in my focus.

Still made some mistakes due to overconfidence, I think I could have scored 14 to 20 strokes better instead of 8....but overconfidence struck at times and just got the better of me.

Anyways, now I have to see if it is a true break through, or just a fluke (hopefully a true breakthrough.....I had some amazing throws since I was playing my game).

Played my local with a pared down bag for a quick round and shot one of my best ever scores. I was in don't-think-just-throw mode and probably finished in almost record time for myself too. Weather was just about perfect to boot. For first time in recent memory I can't think of anything to complain about!

Poorly.

Snuck in a quick lunch round. Forgot to wear or bring my dg shoes, so I played in dress shoes. My timing was a little off which led to some under powered or offline throws. Still good to get out on what may be one of the last 60+ degree days around here for the season.

Went out today to play a carefree DX Shark only round and have a little fun. Ended up shooting my record low score and set best ever marks for pars & consecutive pars. Still waiting on that elusive birdie though.
Funny game.

Played doubles at patapsco and shot a 61 on the green monster. Couple long putts couple missed opportunities but I had several enormous hyzer flips in the woods which was cool.

Victor Ashe in Knoxville yesterday. All shorts. One of the more open courses I play and a tough place for people without a lot of distance to get birdies. Personal best is +1 and I've only birdied hole 1 (many times) and hole 15 (once).

Go out, throw a bad approach on 4 and short arm the putt for bogey. Throw a bad drive into trouble on 5 and take a bogey. Bad approach and missed circle's edge putt on 7, which is basically a par 4 for ams. I'm sitting at +3 and basically telling myself that it is the time of year where I can't expect to be consistent and need to just enjoy the successes and not expect the same level of consistency as the summer. String a couple of pars, then manage to birdie 13 and 16 and par everything else to match my +1.

This is the first time that under par there has felt truly reachable for me.

For a wind round at 50 acre and using shorts and long tee positions to make up for the missing baskets, and a safari hole. Better than I expected. Compared to my card mates, I was doing the hot round of a blazing -1. Solid par golf, and just enough birdies where I needed to get them to make up for the mindgame bogies.
I don't really like to be reminded of the shank-job seven I took at Vallarta Ast thank you.

Played Mine Kill State Park Saturday, NY Team Challenge
Mine Kill Whips vs the visiting Chatham Hills Country Club......
Singles match play, Green to green, I won 4 & 2
Doubles after lunch with a new partner(that was fed copious amounts of bourbon in round 1) we managed to win 61-67
Final score for the day, MK Whips 30 - CHCC 6

My contribution to the lunchtime festivities was a sixtel of local IPA that we kicked just before sunset.

1702308999416.png

+6 at Lenape Park in Skippack, PA today. After sending a disc almost to the creek down the cliff next to hole 6, I can skip leg day for the next few weeks.

Fun Xmas round, unseasonably warm here in NY State. 60 degrees, relatively dry. Just out having fun and tossing plastic.

Played league on Saturday. Won some $$ in the Superclass round. Too much gamesmanship for my taste but I turned it around on the purp, and he ended up falling apart a little.

1000013036.jpg
Christmas round in the unseasonable warmth. 5 of those were player 2 putts, but the -9 is still good for a 970 rating at the last tournament there. Can't say I'm unhappy for the first time I've played a full round in over a month...

Played glow triples tiki in the drizzle last night, got the win, a BH Berg ace, and two nasty chain outs.
Played 80 holes glow on xmas and got 2 tiki aces, one FH Berg, one FH Glitch.

Two rounds Bayville Virginia Beach. Overcast, misty, towel was useless before end of first round. Disc up with some early and late releases. Some of my best throws smacked into trees.

Up and down round this afternoon but met Brad Hammock in the group ahead at my local. Looked right, sounded right, Zuca cart, THAT RUN UP. God bless the internet. Made my week.

Latest posts