• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Special Edition Brinster Sentinel coming

It does considering it has the cobra bottom.

The good Sentinels are low profile just like the good Cobras.

However these newer Brinsters tend to be domey, although I just finally found one that is on the flatter side.

I recently bought a quite old Millennium Sentinel. Unthrown, faded bottom markings indicate that it's quite old. After the first tree hit I noticed that a thin layer came off from the bottom of the disc. Disc isn't bent or anything, but the disc clearly lost a thin layer since my initials came off from the inside of the rim. Is this normal?

I recently bought a quite old Millennium Sentinel. Unthrown, faded bottom markings indicate that it's quite old. After the first tree hit I noticed that a thin layer came off from the bottom of the disc. Disc isn't bent or anything, but the disc clearly lost a thin layer since my initials came off from the inside of the rim. Is this normal?
No, that's not normal. :eek:

I throw kc and dx roc's for my mids. I have been searching for an overstable midrange that was replaceable and more overstable then my roc's in the innova lineup. I used to own a USDGC Champion glow roc that was perfect that i lost. Thats 50 dollars down the drain and I refuse to spend that kind of money for one disc. The discmania MD3 was a disappointment. Not nearly beefy enough. And I just didnt like the gator. My prayers have been answered. I saw this steve brinster sentinel and bought it to see how it flew. It's a meat hook and I fell in love instantly. I throw roc's up to 355ish and this sentinel I can only get out to 275-300. It has a nice strong fade. I threw it flat and hard into a moderate headwind and it didnt budge. It just held straight and still faded at the end. Anybody else have this experience with these. Bye bye gator. I have a pig, sentinel, firebird and a beefy destroyer for overstable discs. My bag is almost locked down.

Yeah you're going from one limited edition disc to another which is a recipe for putting yourself in the same boat in a year or two when you lose your Brinster Sentinel. USDGC Rocs go on sale every year for $25 ($20 for x-outs). Disc Golf United will have them when they become available. The Color Glows from last year were nice and beefy and felt great in the hand so you might consider one of those when they go on sale. The RocX3 is also about to go into regular production (first runs shipping to dealers now or very soon), which would be another one to consider for that slot.

Brinster Sentinels are not hard to find. Sentinels in general, if you like the new mold, and quite easy to find. And they aren't pricy. Plus, as they season, they get longer and longer. They're definitely longer than Champ Rocs.

But yeah, if you like throwing Rocs, Champ Rocs aren't too hard to find either. I can't get on board with the RocX3's plussy rim, but it's also got the right flight.

Brinster Sentinels are not hard to find. Sentinels in general, if you like the new mold, and quite easy to find. And they aren't pricy. Plus, as they season, they get longer and longer. They're definitely longer than Champ Rocs.

But yeah, if you like throwing Rocs, Champ Rocs aren't too hard to find either. I can't get on board with the RocX3's plussy rim, but it's also got the right flight.

Yeah I wasn't really trying to turn him off to Sentinels in general. You're right that the Brinsters aren't hard to find now; it's just hard to know whether you will be hard to find in a couple years or whenever he loses his current one. Maybe just stock up on the Brinsters while they're readily available. I mean, I'm sure Sanny Sentinels would solve his every problem, but those are definitely in the "pay up" category these days. ;)

Btw, warship, How far do you throw your Pigs? If you're throwing Rocs out to 355, you've got a bigger arm than mine, and I throw my Pigs out to about 250 (at least after a little seasoning). It seems like with your arm you could get Pigs to that 275-300 range (a Pig has a 1.4 cm rim so it's really a small diameter mid anyway). I'd recommend the Pro Pigs on the Innova Factory Store, but they seem to have changed the mold recently. The last 2 I bought had an obviously different wing mold piece and I haven't yet gotten around to testing how the new ones fly. :\

Welp, it took seven years but I think I beat my Brinster Sent straight. :\ Damn thing is long with a gentle fade, flies like a Roc. It's been getting me in trouble for months going too long and not fading hard enough, so might as well face facts.

I got more around here someplace, so don't cry for me Argentina. I'll just put a new one in the bag. I'm mostly trying to figure out if I keep the seasoned one in the bag since it's basically a fast Roc at this point.

Welp, it took seven years but I think I beat my Brinster Sent straight. :\ Damn thing is long with a gentle fade, flies like a Roc. It's been getting me in trouble for months going too long and not fading hard enough, so might as well face facts.

I got more around here someplace, so don't cry for me Argentina. I'll just put a new one in the bag. I'm mostly trying to figure out if I keep the seasoned one in the bag since it's basically a fast Roc at this point.

Brinster kept a seasoned one and a newer one. Seems like that might be the way.

Brinster kept a seasoned one and a newer one. Seems like that might be the way.
I decided be weird and pulled out some Sentinels from the www run and the sparkle Q run to put up against the seasoned Brinster to see what the differences there are.

I need a lot more throws to know, but the www Sentinel is slower and pretty much is just like a Roc; I'm thinking of putting it up against the Star Ontario Roc to compare them instead of comparing it to Sentinels. It might be a sleeper mid if I just don't expect it to be a Sentinel. It's early though, it might be junk like everyone says.

The sparkle Q has more fade than the beat Brinster from early returns; I think I just kept putting more hyzer on the Brinster for long enough that it's pretty much straight at this point. I might talk myself into bagging the sparkle Q instead of figuring out what I did with those extra Brinsters. It's not all that bad.

With all the odds and ends Sentinels I have, I could probably just make them my mid. I've got some really old and beat M Sentinels; I should see if I can get them to flip.

Either that or I need another hobby...