• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spike Hyzer's 2018 in the Bag

Threw another -9 this morning. 10 birdies, and a bogey (because of a weird slipped out of my hand release). I also missed 20ft and 30ft putts for birdie.

Judge
Harp
M4
EMAC Truth
Verdict
Ahti
FD
PD
D4
D2

I missed having a Justice in the bag for a short flex shot. The VIP Harp doesn't come back hard enough at the end. I am really enjoying the Night Strike and Dark Maul versions of the FD and PD. I have also found a renewed love of the verdict. It fits perfectly for forehands between the Harp and Ahti.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Changed some things up again.

Judge - Putting and throwing less than 250

Harp - Short FHs and OS Drives

M4 - for really US mid shots

EMAC Truth - All Mid shots up to 320

XXX - OS Mid shots and FHs

FD - All FW shots up to about 350

PD - longer FW shots 340-370 and straighter FHs

Doombird - FHs. More trustworthy for FHs than PD, longer than the XXX.

D4 - Long rollers, tailwinds, distance shots, shots to flip up and go right.

D2 - Most BH distance drives

D1 - OS distance drives, headwinds, and FH

I still haven't decided on a shorter more technical roller. Thinking about the following: F7, Fury, Sidewinder, Roadrunner, TD, or TDX.

Justice is out as the XXX can basically make the same shots and feels way better FH. Verdict is also out, I feel like I need it, but I really never threw it all season. Same can be said for my 2nd run FDs. I guess the courses I have been playing don't have many straight to fade shots in the 280-350 range...which seems odd.

Well now that McBeth is throwing Discraft I might have to round out my Discraft backpack bag for when I don't wanna lug the cart. Here is what I carry in it:

Z Nuke OS
Z Force - circa 2008
Big Z Force - x2
ESP Force - First Run
Big Z Crank - x2

Z Machete
Z Predator - 2 point
Big Z Predator
Glow Z Undertaker
Z Undertaker
Z Avenger SS

Z Buzzz OS - x2 (one 1st run)
Z Buzzz
ESP Buzzz - circa 2006
ESP Meteor

ESP Zone
Z Zone
Jawbreaker Challenger

Pro D Challenger - Old Barstamp

I need to try some driving putter molds. Looking at the Ringer GT, Challenger OS, and Challenger. I also want to try the Vulture, Comet, and possibly pick up a flippier Undertaker.

Threw two solid rounds the past few days throwing the following:

Force x4

Machete

Predator x2

Undertaker x2

Avenger SS

Buzzz OS

Buzzz x2

Meteor

Zone x2

Fossil Wizard x2

Blend Judge x2

The undertaker is such a cool disc. It flies far and is also controllable at shorter distances. I feel like it flies most of the lines I use my PDs and straighter FDs for when I take my cart out. I would like to try the Vulture, but don't see much need for something between the Undertaker and Force.

I love the predator. It was my first overstable driver and I still know it perfectly. I actually have been liking it for forehands more than I used to.

Threw my best round of the year so far, a -10 on my home course. Left bummed, because it really could have been -12. Been digging the following setup:

D1
D2
D4
Avenger SS
Machete
PD
Raptor
FD
Verdict
EMAC Truth
M4
Zone
Harp
Fossil Wizard
Judge - Putting

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Threw my best round of the year so far, a -10 on my home course. Left bummed, because it really could have been -12. Been digging the following setup:

D1
D2
D4
Avenger SS
Machete
PD
Raptor
FD
Verdict
EMAC Truth
M4
Zone
Harp
Fossil Wizard
Judge - Putting

Threw the following molds on this round..

D1
D2
D4
Machete
PD
Raptor
Verdict
EMAC Truth
Zone
Harp
Judge - Putting

D1
D2
D4
Avenger SS
Machete
PD
Raptor
FD
Verdict
EMAC Truth
M4
Zone
Harp
Fossil Wizard
Judge - Putting

Nice setup. I'm curious how your Zone and Harp fly for you. No redundancy?

Latest posts