• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Stable sidearm putter

My favorite forehand putters:
VIP Harp
Z Zone
400 PA-1
CryZtal Challenger

This is basically a four way tie, all of these discs have their strengths and weaknesses, but all are easy to rip forehand.

Let me verify something. I am looking for a straightish putter THAT WILL SHOW ME IF I AM MAKING A MISTAKE. Not something like a zone or a harp that will hide my mistakes.:thmbdown:

If you want neutrality, you want an Aviar, Magnet, Omega, Pure, P1, Judge, PA-4, something of that variety. None of these are molds I would forehand with confidence though.

The three I am most seriously considering are the Colt, Pa4,and Proxy. What are the similarities/differences between them?

Let me verify something. I am looking for a straightish putter THAT WILL SHOW ME IF I AM MAKING A MISTAKE. Not something like a zone or a harp that will hide my mistakes.:thmbdown:

XD dude no bead low profile and understable. It will show form flaws right away. Or get over the bead thing and grab a comet. Arguably the best form flaw finder in the game.

try sidearming a nova. it can be done as long as your pure of heart/soul/form. You can eventually get them out to 175-200ft easy sidearm.

Plus its super fun to break out in tournament rounds. I've done nova sidearm hyzer and anhyzer shots to get around numerous trees/obstacles and card mates that saw me do the sidearm with a nova will still ask: "did you just flick a nova?" after the shot.

If the bead is small I don't mind it much, it's just that big beads are uncomfortable with sidearms and I just prefer beadless.

I love my PA4, but it is SERIOUSLY understable. The thing is a roller for a driving putter, but dead straight for putts. <30 it's an arrow.

If your goal is to develop your sidearm technique with a "straight" putter, I think it is all about how the disk feels in your hand and picking a putter that is not overstable. I'd use a Pure, because its my favorite putter, the thing is dead straight, and I like the rim in my hand - it is a real simple rim. I'd use an Opto pure for longer shots cuz that things will glide forever. But I do 90% of my FH flicks with a Zone, because it really helps not make a mistake on my FH to have the stability, and I'm almost always going for an overstable line anyway when I choose that shot. Plus the rim is basically the same as the Pure, so I make no adjustment there. Sometimes I use a Pure if I need it to be straighter, and it is a really short shot. If it is a longer shot, if I used my Pure, it would flip too often. If I was more dedicated, I might practice getting longer flicks with the Pure, but I'm just not there yet :)

If you are set between those three, go with the Proxy. It's the little brother of the Envy.

The three I am most seriously considering are the Colt, Pa4,and Proxy. What are the similarities/differences between them?

Pa4 has a odd squared shape almost but great flying disc. Pretty understable though would need some hyzer for throwing longer shots. Proxy is a little faster and defines stable. It is the straightest conventional DG putter ive lve thrown (obviously polecats and few others are just as straight but weird feeling to most people) it will hold the release angle very well plus it comes in a durable premium plastic. Havent had a chance to throw a colt yet but sounds like a fun putter mold and look forward to driving one.