• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tahoe and Reno and Grass valley, 4 days in JUne Help

The golf begins tomorrow and I'm super excited. I'm actually thinking of starting with an epic course. Well see.

Saturday is handled. We might finish out in the dark at Incline(north Lions). Now if I was starting with Toney's that's a different story. You're an animal Lion and looking forward to some rounds.

Have a fantastic time out there and let us know how it goes!

On the road, heading to Zephyr. Yes the cove.

I'm jealous, tear it up it will be a great time of day to see the lake early am at Zephyr.
As far eats go, there is a place called sprouts near reagan beach just before bijou.

I LOVE Zepher! That's a great course. Super fun, but most of Tahoe is. I hope you get a chance to play Squaw, that's another of my favorites.

So I played these courses today and in this order:

Zephyr Cove
North lions Tahoe course
The Ranch
Fenley Park
Dayton
Adventure Course Red
Adventure course Green
Adventure Course Blue

My body failed me at the end of the day and I struggling to finish. I loved playing them all but I suffered for it afterwards. 45 minutes of leg cramps and trying to rehydrate took its toll on me and no sleep. The trip did start out bad when we hit a deer at 2:55am about 10 miles from the Nevada border. I will need a new hood or an expert repair artist. It happens, tee'd off at 5:10am and finished around 6:45pm. I'm at barrage right now at a Japanese steak house and then a few drinks and sleep for a few hours. I hope my body will enable me to play 5 courses tomorrow. My wife and her cousin played the first three courses before I went solo. Loved zephyr cove and north Lions. The ranch was terrible and long. Fenley I just made a 9 hole layout and played it out of the baskets there. Dayton was cool, I dug it. Now adventure course red was probably the most grueling round I ever played, probably the most life threatening course and extreme aswell. The green and blue courses were a breeze to do, but I did lose my main putter on the red course. Won't be good for the rest of the weekend. The adventure courses were tough solo and terrible to get to with a Honda civic. All in all good day. I just need an IV to get my body moving.

Zepher's in my top 5 so is Squaw. You are putting yourself through some rough days with alot of golf, and you still have some hardcore golf ahead of you. But seeing how much you can play in a day we will be able to get in some serious golf when your up here.

Ok, today was a lot of golf and semi crazy. I played these courses:

Tony's Mountain
Truckee
Sierra college
Squaw
North tahoe

I took the crazy 8 mile off road butthole clincher route to Tony's. Crazy way to get there, wish I would of know the other way in!!! Then it was a quick and easy at Truckee & Sierra. Squaw was cool and unique. Took about two and quarter hours to play and then finished up at north Tahoe. Ate at the brewery for dinner, it was ok. Nothing special in my opinion. Now a little south lake night action.

Ok, today was a lot of golf and semi crazy. I played these courses:

Tony's Mountain
Truckee
Sierra college
Squaw
North tahoe

I took the crazy 8 mile off road butthole clincher route to Tony's. Crazy way to get there, wish I would of know the other way in!!! Then it was a quick and easy at Truckee & Sierra. Squaw was cool and unique. Took about two and quarter hours to play and then finished up at north Tahoe. Ate at the brewery for dinner, it was ok. Nothing special in my opinion. Now a little south lake night action.

That's a hardcore day. You didn't enjoy Squaw? I had thought that it was fun, alot of neet shots.

Wow. That's some hard core golf. I suspect that many of us either are too out of shape to do that, or drink way too much. Great effort Lion. hope the drives were straight, and putts true.

I had a great time yesterday with Lion. He already played North Lions so we did truckee river, sierra , squaw in 2 hrs 20 mins and finished with north tahoe (tahoe vista) at 630pm. We easily could of played another if needed. He's a stand up guy and it was a pleasure. Now it's off to truckee dubs with a set of sore legs.

Played these over the 4 day trip:

Zephyr Cove
North Tahoe Lions
The Ranch
Fenely
Dayton
Adventure Park Red
Adventure Park Green
Adventure Park Blue
Toney's Mountain
Truckee River
Sierra College
Squaw
North Tahoe
Snapper Hill
Georgetown
Sierra Pines Twin Bridges
Turtlerock
Ricks Revenge
Pioneer School
Kirkwood
Bijou Community Park

21 courses, had somethings come up during the trip that limited my golf on the third day. I had alot of fun, I think Squaw was my favorite. I will have to think the trip over and get back to this thread.

Grueling little 6 hole course that is straight up hill and challenging with its long distances. I felt like I played 12 holes once I was done. Tough to navigate the first time since I was by my self. I will add it to the site, I took a few pictures and some holes felt par 4ish, especially hole 3. Well like I said I will add it and it was nice with new mach3 baskets, just tough to navigate, it would help with more people to help locate tee's and baskets. Took me like an hour and 15 minutes to play. I just couldn't find anyone at the time to show me around. Located in twin bridges.

???? What is up with this course ???? :confused:

Grueling little 6 hole course that is straight up hill and challenging with its long distances. I felt like I played 12 holes once I was done. Tough to navigate the first time since I was by my self. I will add it to the site, I took a few pictures and some holes felt par 4ish, especially hole 3. Well like I said I will add it and it was nice with new mach3 baskets, just tough to navigate, it would help with more people to help locate tee's and baskets. Took me like an hour and 15 minutes to play. I just couldn't find anyone at the time to show me around. Located in twin bridges.

That's cool. This will now be the closest course to my brothers place in Kyburz. I'll have to get up there and play it the next time I'm down that way.

Nice! I would have to guess that Squaw was the best due to the epic nature of being at 8200 feet in the sierra. Zephyr's views are pretty sick. Turtle rock may be the best balanced course out there (especially if the pins were long), and sierra college is a great surprise

Played these over the 4 day trip:

Zephyr Cove
North Tahoe Lions
The Ranch
Fenely
Dayton
Adventure Park Red
Adventure Park Green
Adventure Park Blue
Toney's Mountain
Truckee River
Sierra College
Squaw
North Tahoe
Snapper Hill
Georgetown
Sierra Pines Twin Bridges
Turtlerock
Ricks Revenge
Pioneer School
Kirkwood
Bijou Community Park

21 courses, had somethings come up during the trip that limited my golf on the third day. I had alot of fun, I think Squaw was my favorite. I will have to think the trip over and get back to this thread.

Pins were long at Turtlerock, but it just didnt feel to special for me, felt to simular to so many that I played that weekend. Squaw was awesome for the rock formations, snow, fresh water creeks everywhere, elevation changes, views, location, experience, shot selections, and layout, plus more I just probably forgot. Also really liked Toneys Mountain, Sierra College, and Kirkwood.

Nice! I would have to guess that Squaw was the best due to the epic nature of being at 8200 feet in the sierra. Zephyr's views are pretty sick. Turtle rock may be the best balanced course out there (especially if the pins were long), and sierra college is a great surprise

Pins were long at Turtlerock, but it just didn't feel to special for me, felt to simular to so many that I played that weekend. Squaw was awesome for the rock formations, snow, fresh water creeks everywhere, elevation changes, views, location, experience, shot selections, and layout, plus more I just probably forgot. Also really liked Toneys Mountain, Sierra College, and Kirkwood.

I kinda felt the same way about Turtle Rock, nothing really special. A good course, but not the best in the area by any means. I did love Squaw! I did the hike in and out instead of the gondola ride. It was an experience, but made it an all day hike for one course. Next time I'll take the gondola and try out that experience.

Last edited:

Latest posts