• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Trilogy

My favorites were the Little Devil videos and Nowhere Fast. Back in the day, the scene in New Jersey was off the hook(probably still is, I am just not involved anymore). I had a couple sponsors and was tearing it up when I was younger, but as I got older I got more interested in girls and partying and less interested in riding little kids bikes. It was probably a mistake though(as most of my life decisions are), because some of the guys in my old crew are now sponsored professionals making a ton of money, living the rock star life.

Sure, Team Trilogy members just need a prescription to Ambien and they can live that lifestyle.... in their dreams.

Last edited:
I met two guys yesterday at the local short course who kept telling me they were in the running to join Team Trilogy. They were young guys, and total Chuckers, so I just kind of humored them and went about my round. They know I am always trying out new discs and whatnot, and they kept asking me about what Trilogy discs were most like the Innova and Discraft they were carrying, because they were going to "switch over" to make the Team or whatever. I think they are seriously misguided about what the "team" really is, and they aren't the first people I've met like that.

I don't know what's so hard to grasp about a Team or club dedicated to throwing those brands, for people who ALREADY throw those brands. It's mostly young folk I'm seeing who are misinterpreting this.

In other news, my favorite BMX bike ever was the Trek Sub Head. Best dirt bike ever, and I think I'm the only one who loved it.

I think they are seriously misguided about what the "team" really is, and they aren't the first people I've met like that.

I don't know what's so hard to grasp about a Team or club dedicated to throwing those brands, for people who ALREADY throw those brands. It's mostly young folk I'm seeing who are misinterpreting this.

That's because reading comprehension and the drive to search things out and investigate what it is all about is practically non existent in young people nowadays. If it isn't handed to them on a silver platter or if it requires thinking it is just too overwhelming to them. :doh:

Someone never got that dream BMX as a child, or never had a bike to start with. :D

or i built my own bike out of mail order parts and rode every day for years..

i remember prince albert cranks, that phrase probably means something different to you.

I remember prince albert cranks, that phrase probably means something different to you.

I remember them. Dude I rode BMX from the 80's until I turned Forty!

I was even a better rider in my thirties than in my teens and twenties.:D

I still have my custom built( as in the frame was built how I wanted it, not just custom by buying and hanging parts on a frame) FBM at my disposal should the need to get Awesome arise!

I have also worked in a bike shop since I was 18, that is going on 26 years.

I used to mail order from Rockville before Spike Jonze worked there. Yeah, I'm Old!

Cool, just now saw we are talking about BMX. Didn't know I drifted the thread.

I still have my Bike. Early 90's S&M Dirtbike 1" headset. 1st gen prince alberts, slams, redneck .

I had cloths from PoorBoy, Play. Still have my VHS of Dirty Deeds, Style Cats, The first two S&M vids and some others. Watch Etnies Grounded on Youtube for a stick modern vid.

Took it out for the 1st time in over a decade last year and filmed at our local park. Excuse my mountain bike helmet, it is all I have.

Do we need to start a "I was a BMX guy" thread here somewhere?

Oh yeah, GO TRILOGY!

I have a DirtBike frame and Pitchfork in the closet...with a GT Epoch headset on it too.

I've got 2 piece cranks and a left hand drive on my bike now, with a 22-7 gear ratio and no pegs, just dropout protectors, and I also run a freecoaster, so it's not like I gave it up that long ago, but I did switch from racing to freestyle back in the early ninties. You guys are missing out on some of the awesome new bike tech out there. I really want to get a Mirraco Twenty40 or the Sunday 24 incher, just to see If they are worth the hype.

I'm also glad we've already forgotten about "Team" Trilogy...but if anyone is interested I have two more stories about misguided people trying to "join" TT because they don't understand the concept.

i remember prince albert cranks, that phrase probably means something different to you.

Loved Chris Moeller's sense of humor. Did they ever actually release the Menstrual Cycle (Keith Treanor's sig fram, I think)? Or were they just f'ing with everybody?

Loved Chris Moeller's sense of humor. Did they ever actually release the Menstrual Cycle (Keith Treanor's sig fram, I think)? Or were they just f'ing with everybody?

Yep it was released.
Why call it the Menstrual Cycle? "because I'm bleeding at least once a month"

^Nice.

My Challenger had a disclaimer: "Don't take it too high off the ground or it will explode".

Too soon? With all the light weight parts they used, it was kind of true.

Never rode anything but the local creek canyon trails but I used to have and old Scorpion Sentinel in the early '80's. Had a two piece spider gear and billet cranks. I liked that bike. It was geared taller and would walk on anyone on the block. Just what any kid wants!

Of all the discs in my bag(23) I use the trilogy more than anything else.
I throw my striker on any shot over 300ft that is straight or slightly left.
I throw my saint on any hole over 300 ft to the right.
My truth is under 300 ft straight and left.
The tursas is for fading right sub 300.

That is in no wind. All other discs are to battle the wind. I wouldn't mind switching over to trilogy, just so that I can use the trilogy's ratings to go up or down in stability. I have been thinking about jumping on team trilogy just to have the discount and the knowledge of others that only throw that brand.

Does everyone build their bag in similair fashion? I truthfully believe I could cut out 90% of my discs and do better. Maybe I should start a thread in the bag section......

I seriously considered going the team trilogy route. There are basically 3 things that kept me from making the leap.

1. PDGA membership. I don't have one. And I don't really want one. Not because I have anything against the PDGA. But because I never play PDGA tournaments. I don't disc golf on Sundays. It's a religious thing and I just don't do it. Almost all PDGA tournaments in my area are 2 day Saturday, Sunday events. I also prefer to keep my money local and promote the sport at home.

2. Using a bag from a trilogy company or a non disc maker. I have a prodiscus bag. I love it and see absolutely no reason to spend the money to replace it.

3. When the original documentation came out about mentioning the trilogy or a disc etc. if you placed, it was a huge turn off for me. I throw 95% trilogy discs and could easily quit throwing those that aren't. I promote the brands and have for several years. But that is totally not my style. I am thrilled they have removed that wording from the documentation. But team trilogy is still not for me. I will continue to promote the companies because I love the plastic. But that is as far as it goes.

I'm sure I'm behind the times, but I just realized where I'd seen the team trilogy logo before, or at least something super similar.

346px-Tesla_Motors_logo.svg.png

Last edited:
Team trilogy should be renamed ma5 because half the clowns who are in this fanclub suck some serious nuts. Its like amfest 2014.

they need a putter called the #Fanboi for each team member. along with a big glass of grape drank

dan_meth_trilogy_meter.jpg

Tarel, I enjoy the photo, but is it really that much of an issue that lower rated players have a place they can call their own? Does it hurt you in any way? Or cause you to not play well? Or is it jealousy that the companies you choose to support don't give back? Honestly, there really is no valid reason to hate on this concept. It was created by fans and is run by the fans. If they decided to drop the discount, 98% of the players would remain on the team.

Latest posts