• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird Breakdown....

TCArchie

Can someone tell me the differences between the various Teebirds....

10X
Plus Mold
T3
Others?

Also maybe the plastics....I know I much prefer my tyedye champ to my star. Though don't know the terms to explain why.

The big thing with Champ TeeBirds is in the 11X era. There was a switch in tooling. The ones tooled with "CAL" are older. Those tooled "CA" are newer. If you enjoy your TeeBirds, and they're newer runs, just stick with them. Prices for the older ones are getting to be insane, and the latest run of them is fantastic.

Can someone tell me the differences between the various Teebirds....

10X
Plus Mold
T3
Others?

Also maybe the plastics....I know I much prefer my tyedye champ to my star. Though don't know the terms to explain why.
Honestly, if you are a new player dont bother with the old molds. People will swear up and down by them but at the end of the day the biggest difference between new and old has nothing to do with flight, its the hyper inflated price of the old vs the cheap price of the new that you can find a stack of anywhere.

:confused: I'm doing the guy a favor, there's a wealth of knowledge and info out there about TB's, and rather than rattle off the small fraction I know, which is likely not the most accurate, I presented a few links.

Bingo. The new runs of Champion Teebirds are perfect. Beefy but have some glide. I love them.
Fly close enough to the CALs and a FRACTION of the price.

Honestly, if you are a new player dont bother with the old molds. People will swear up and down by them but at the end of the day the biggest difference between new and old has nothing to do with flight, its the hyper inflated price of the old vs the cheap price of the new that you can find a stack of anywhere.

This should be a sticky. For any brand.

Agreed!!!!! Its a terrible addiction!

Its really all about what you're accustomed too. For new players, you have the luxury of finding production molds that work for you, and you have nothing in the history of your mind to compare it to.

For guys that always remember that special Teebird they had 10 years ago, that flew like nothing else they've ever owned, they are always in constant search to find one just like it. (or multiples just like it :) )

Best advice I can give a new player posing this question is:

NEVER EVER throw an 11x CAL mold Teebird!! Especially if its just to see what all the hype is about.

Grab a GStar, Flatish Champ, & Echo Star. Thats a great TB lineup that will cover all the shots any of the oldies will and all 3 will cost less than one 11x.

The current champ teebirds and the g star are both pretty flat, great discs. I normally prefer to buy innova discs in person but I grabbed a star teebird online the other day and it is the most domey bird I've ever seen. Not a fan of that one.

The current champ teebirds and the g star are both pretty flat, great discs. I normally prefer to buy innova discs in person but I grabbed a star teebird online the other day and it is the most domey bird I've ever seen. Not a fan of that one.

I made the mistake of ordering a star teebird online recently and ran into the same problem. The dome was a joke on it. The guy at my local shop let me exchange it for another one (because he is cool like that). I couldn't believe the dome on it. That being said, the newer champs and the gstars are great birds.

I stopped ordering Innova long ago for that reason. It seems like the ones they send you are the domiest ones that none buys in person.

I'm a fairly new player and I bought a star Teebird just because I heard how great of a fairway driver it is. What a domey garbage it is. Thought it was just me. Been using an Avenger SS and Pro Leopard instead