• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

maybe they took out from every1 to account for ties? I already got an email saying it has been shipped 1-3 days est. arrival time

Had a great time overall, I love traveling to Bowling Green. My rounds sucked big time and I got into a spider nest apparently Saturday at Tech because my legs are infected and I have cellulitis now from what the doctor said are spider bites. Can't wait until next year though!

I would also like to know why payout is smaller than posted on the webpage based on 150 entrants and we had over 160. I think I would have to have like a 20 person tie for it what it is?

hmm... oh well that's the second most I've won in a tourney and the most was finishing 2nd so I can't complain about getting $35 for a tie for 38th.

The payout tables on the web site were from last year . . . my software to update the web page crashed a week prior to the event and I could not post the new payouts - they were posted on the back porch of Wha Bah on Tuesday of the BG AMs week.

Aces

Does anyone know how many Aces were hit in total during the tournament? Just wondered...

Sorry I couldn't see it dettmer, but I heard it loud and clear, lol. anybody get there shipments yet? My mail tracker says I should get mine tomorrow.:popcorn:

The payout tables on the web site were from last year . . . my software to update the web page crashed a week prior to the event and I could not post the new payouts - they were posted on the back porch of Wha Bah on Tuesday of the BG AMs week.

The ammount of the tourney went up in the last couple of years and now its a lower payout? Seems a little strange to me. I love the tourney and courses but I was thinking I was about $20 short on the payout. Also there was a hole on the final 9 ( i think 6 ) that a bunch of brush right in the middle of the fairway maybe next year we can get that cleaned up a little better and the fact that i don't throw innova kinda sucks for the payout. Other then those 3 things it was a awesome week of disc. Players pack was sweet and for having 5 people on most of the cards there was only one hole at preston miller with over a 2 minute wait! Rant over lol

The story I heard was that the BG parks and rec department is now charging $4 per player per tournament round, so there's $16 more in cost that the TD had to pay off the top, so him increasing the cost $15 still took another dollar from somewhere....

The ammount of the tourney went up in the last couple of years and now its a lower payout? Seems a little strange to me. I love the tourney and courses but I was thinking I was about $20 short on the payout. Also there was a hole on the final 9 ( i think 6 ) that a bunch of brush right in the middle of the fairway maybe next year we can get that cleaned up a little better and the fact that i don't throw innova kinda sucks for the payout. Other then those 3 things it was a awesome week of disc. Players pack was sweet and for having 5 people on most of the cards there was only one hole at preston miller with over a 2 minute wait! Rant over lol

Ams shouldn't get paid out period, so in my opinion all payouts are X amount over what they should be ($0).

I still spent my scrip, don't get me wrong, but Am payouts will become a thing of the past when we actually start growing.

Wasnt there a problem last year with the tourism dept from BG not getting a check to the PDGA so the ratings were not included on the next update? It would make sense for one government body to give money to the event while another charges for it. The 4 dollars per player per round seems a little high, for a event that draws so much business to the area.

Why in the world , after 3 days of having everyone compete at good courses with concrete tees, would you have your final 9 in a field out behind a bar? Grass tees FTW?!? :confused:

This just seems like a ridiculous way to decide a champion to me.

Ams shouldn't get paid out period, so in my opinion all payouts are X amount over what they should be ($0).

I still spent my scrip, don't get me wrong, but Am payouts will become a thing of the past when we actually start growing.

:clap: I get ripped on every time I say it no matter where that is. On this forum, facebook, at a tournament. Doesn't matter where amateur players still expect compensation in the form of plastic instead of a trophy and a good time.

:clap: I get ripped on every time I say it no matter where that is. On this forum, facebook, at a tournament. Doesn't matter where amateur players still expect compensation in the form of plastic instead of a trophy and a good time.

You guys are crazy if you think Am's would actually show up for trophy only. One of the main reasons competitive golf is growing so rapidly is that players of all skill levels can compete with a chance at a prize. The sport will stop growing if Am's don't get paid out.

Latest posts