• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*The Definitive DG Bag Modding Thread*

Answered my own question, sent Fade an email asking if dipping my bag would void any exchange and they said as long as that isn't the reason or cause of the break they will definitely still replace it! woot go Fade!

Hey im looking to put speakers in my bag but im trying to find good quality/loud ones that arnt terribly expensive. I figured i could use an audio spliter and have two speakers (1 on each side but i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions). The music is not just for me its for the crowd(s) i play with.

I just read made it through all 27 pages.. theres some good stuff in here. once you get around all the plasticote recommendations. I'm actually just using my old soft fishing tackle box, but it was a bit too big in the main compartment so while i was out, i picked up a bottle carrier for baby bottles that zips up and i can fit 5 cokes n there sideways! great ideas guys, keep em coming!

Hey im looking to put speakers in my bag but im trying to find good quality/loud ones that arnt terribly expensive. I figured i could use an audio spliter and have two speakers (1 on each side but i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions). The music is not just for me its for the crowd(s) i play with.

Ive been using an x-Mini 2 speaker, its loud, produces bass, can daisy chain, has a long battery life, which is rechargable via USB, and I bought a new one on eBay for under 30, shipped.

Check it out ...
http://x-mini.com/products-detail-overview.aspx?sid=3

Ive been using an x-Mini 2 speaker, its loud, produces bass, can daisy chain, has a long battery life, which is rechargable via USB, and I bought a new one on eBay for under 30, shipped.

Check it out ...
http://x-mini.com/products-detail-overview.aspx?sid=3

When you say loud do you mean from the tee pad to the pin loud? Not that i would ever want to do that and ruin other peoples experiences. My current portable speaker barley players loud enough for me to hear well, when i turn the other members of my group say they cant here.

When you say loud do you mean from the tee pad to the pin loud? Not that i would ever want to do that and ruin other peoples experiences. My current portable speaker barley players loud enough for me to hear well, when i turn the other members of my group say they cant here.

I'm using something similar from iHome called a Crystal Speaker. It sounds good in a 12 x 16 room, and is listenable at a radius of about 15 ft. outdoors. $20.

Alright Guys I did a mod to my Grip EQ Bag and wanted to share it with you guys. I thought of this idea myself and have been thinking of how to do it for some time now and have finally done it and its a little touch but it works really really well.

So if you have used ur Grip bag in the rain you know about the rainfly. The best way to use it is to snap off of the rainfly on and keep one of the bottom snaps undone so that you can get into your bag really really easy. This worked fine for me I just didn't like it when I was walking with the bag and the rainfly would be flapping in the wind. So to combat this I decided to try and mod the snap to work with a magnet so that it could be taken one and off really really easily. I'm really not good at sewing and I did my best to make it work.

Here is the rainfly part of the bag with the mod.

I completely took the snap off of the rainfly so that the magnet would sit on it better. If you are going to do this yourself make sure you buy a super magnet because the other ones are not strong enough, its what I tried the first time and it didn't work. For the fabric I used a fabric parch kit which has the fabric on one side and the patch stuff on the other side so that when I got done I ironed it and it melted all of the seems together.
6938635520_016c419ded_b.jpg

Here is the back of the bag that I modded to work with the magnet
7084681919_1fb96ca15f_b.jpg

What I did here was to take a piece of thick steel and sewed it into the backpack, I found that this actually worked better than another magnet. What I actually did was took a thick steel spoon and just used the head or spoon part of it and placed it over the snap and sewed it in. The roundness of the spoon lets the magnet attach at many angles and works really well. When I am wearing the bag I can't even tell that its there so it works out very well for me.
7084682993_925167168f_b.jpg

And here are a few more photos of the rainfly on the bag itself.
6938695868_2fdba785b4_b.jpg

6938604118_13a834d135_b.jpg

Anyone have any ideas for adding a simple mini pocket? One that wouldn't require much sewing skill.

Steal a pocket off an old pair of pants or shorts and sew around the sides and bottom?

Anyone have any ideas for adding a simple mini pocket? One that wouldn't require much sewing skill.

Almost anyone can take a needle and thread and make a quick patch or attachment job. I was sewing patches on my Scout uniform at age 10. Mashnut makes it clear.
So, by "much sewing skill" do you mean none, or no interest in trying? :\

I don't really mind trying to sew, or asking my wife to ;), but I didn't know if there was some other simple way to attach a mini to a bag that I wasn't thinking of.

I don't really mind trying to sew, or asking my wife to ;), but I didn't know if there was some other simple way to attach a mini to a bag that I wasn't thinking of.

drill a hole in it and put a small carabiner through it.

You can go to any fabric store with your bag and your idea and 9 times out of 10 there will be an experienced lady that will help you figure out the problem. heat activated cloth glue strips of cloth glue.

Worse comes to worse take your bag and the pocket to any shoe repair shop and they will sew it on. I figure it would cost around $10.

I always hated dealing with my disc towel once it was dirty, so last year I made a little towel bag that hangs with my towel. When I actively need my towel I just let it hang, but otherwise it stuffs into the bag really easily and keeps the muck contained.

For this year I'm going to redesign the zip closure on my Fade Tourney bag. I've never liked the way it sits when rolled up, hate how it flaps around when it's not rolled up, and I don't think I've ever zipped it closed, as it's not like that really protects much from weather. So I'm thinking I'll cut the flap off completely, and then use some light-weight waterproof material to make a snap-on cover that will cover the entire top of the bag for rain, and fit in one of the side pockets otherwise.

You can go to any fabric store with your bag and your idea and 9 times out of 10 there will be an experienced lady that will help you figure out the problem.

Not only this, but they're always thrilled to help guys. I taught myself to sew several years ago so I could start making fleece-lined bandanas for snowboarding. The older women at my local sewing supply store got the biggest kick out of helping me with my projects, suggesting fabrics, etc.