• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] the details of your dynamic ESCAPE

I have a Lucid Escape that is very Orc-like...it's domey.
I should have added to my original post, every single flat/ flatter Escape I have thrown has been a flip machine. The more dome you find, the straighter they fly in my experiences.

Just saying that imo, Pink, orange, and the transitional colors between them, are the best Escapes they make. They all fly the same, and all seem to mold up the same as well.

My domey Lucid Escape is yellow, and yeah, surprisingly stable. I've thrown others that flip pretty easily. I have a domey champ Orc(also yellow) that looks and flies like a good Orc. The Escape I have is interchangeable with that Orc, in appearance and flight...go figure.

I can dig the Orc comparisons. For me, the Escape, being one "speed" slower than the Orc, does not quite have the same torque resistance for flicks but it's close. Some Escapes are more OS than others. The really stable Fluid (and especially Moonshine Fluid) Escapes I have thrown are pretty close to an Orc but have more glide and carry longer in the straight portion of the flight before fading.

If you are looking for a good beefy Esca-pe' definitely give a max weight Fluid or Moonshine Fluid a try.

I have a few Escapes (Fluid, Dyemax Fuzion, Air Lucid) and I rate mine from OS to US like this:
Fuzion
Air Fluid
Fluid - this one is beat but it just goes straight rarely has any fade to it

I can dig the Orc comparisons. For me, the Escape, being one "speed" slower than the Orc, does not quite have the same torque resistance for flicks but it's close. Some Escapes are more OS than others. The really stable Fluid (and especially Moonshine Fluid) Escapes I have thrown are pretty close to an Orc but have more glide and carry longer in the straight portion of the flight before fading.

If you are looking for a good beefy Esca-pe' definitely give a max weight Fluid or Moonshine Fluid a try.

^agreed

How do Moonshine Fluid discs compare to Moonshine Lucid?

All of the Moonshine Fluid discs I have (all early run) are actually way less stable than Lucid or Moonshine Lucid. I've tried a Truth, Halo, and King. The Halo is actually pretty freakin' sweet but the others I do not bag.

Do others find Moonshine Fluid to be lesss stable, specifically Escapes? From my experience I would only touch that blend in an OS mold that I wanted to be more mellow, which is a shame because I really like fluid and I really like things that glow.

Maybe I got a freek but the 174g Moonshine Fluid Escape that came in the mail last week is beefcake. Like I said, it's not a Thunderbird but it's close. I too am curious if so if the recent runs are like this or if I got lucky. I'd buy a few more of these right away if I was confident they would all be like the one I got.

Its considerably more HSS than the many Lucid Moonshine Escapes I've thrown and I've thrown quite a few of them I love 'em. For now I bag one of each. A semi-beat Lucid Moonshine for a backhand workhorse that I can throw on different lines and the Fluid Moonshine for fairway forehand workhorse shots and moderate headwinds thrown backhand. The addition of the beefy Fluid Moonshine has solidified the Escape as the primary driver the rest of my bag is built around for FH and BH shots. I dig it.

Last edited:
Maybe I got a freek but the 174g Moonshine Fluid Escape that came in the mail last week is beefcake. Like I said, it's not a Thunderbird but it's close. I too am curious if so if the recent runs are like this or if I got lucky. I'd buy a few more of these right away if I was confident they would all be like the one I got.

Is it domey or flat?

The Fluid one I have is pretty flat compared to the dyemax Fuzion one I have.

I have 7 Escapes and my beefiest is a 171 Fluid and surprisingly a Lucid-Air (both Domey). My flippiest is a Bio and one of my Fuzions, both of those are 174gr and pretty flat.

Is it domey or flat?

The Fluid one I have is pretty flat compared to the dyemax Fuzion one I have.

It has a mild dome that is identical to most of the Lucid and Moonshine Lucids I have. It is not domey like some of the Fuzion and BioFuzions I have seen.

I have not checked the PLH against the other Escapes I have yet. I'll have to have a look at that and see if there is a noticeable difference.

I have 7 Escapes and my beefiest is a 171 Fluid and surprisingly a Lucid-Air (both Domey). My flippiest is a Bio and one of my Fuzions, both of those are 174gr and pretty flat.

I have a Lucid Air one that is quite domey that is surprisingly stable also. Mu fluid one seems pretty flat but it's quite old now though. I'll try and get a comparison pic of the three I have.

Yeah, dome seems to be key. My yellow Lucid Escape has significant dome, although not a poppy-top. PLH isn't high though.

The Escape's a neat driver and surprisingly long despite it's 9 speed rating. Too bad Lat 64 missed the mark on claimed stability, as usual. Although my yellow Lucid is probably -1, 2.5. But other Escapes I've thrown are more like -2,2, if that. IME anyway...

Yeah, dome seems to be key. My yellow Lucid Escape has significant dome, although not a poppy-top. PLH isn't high though.

The Escape's a neat driver and surprisingly long despite it's 9 speed rating. Too bad Lat 64 missed the mark on claimed stability, as usual. Although my yellow Lucid is probably -1, 2.5. But other Escapes I've thrown are more like -2,2, if that. IME anyway...

Earlier this year I lost my longer rightly seasoned 6/10 QJLS (tight s-turn), and realized I need more D on lower lines through the woods without a slight flex of a new and slow to season QJ (currently 7/10 straight to fade). I picked up 4 Escapes (lucid, fusion, and 2 bios) after seeing my bud's results with Escapes for more D than his QJs are getting. He's got a couple fusions (slight hyzer flip to straightish), and a beat in 5/10 bio that's a touch less LSS than my beat bio that he puts on a deep hyzer flip for tight and long fairways, easy s-turns, and big uphills with minimal fade or no fade if not thrown high enough.

Anyway, after some testing, depending on the course, I'll bag a combination of the lucid or bios (the fusion sits a in very small overlapping slot between the lucid and my more stable bio). I write all this to say that I also bag a star sidewinder 9/5/-3/1 that is more HSS and LSS than my freshy lucid escape SO in Innova terms the lucid escape is closer to a Roadrunner 9/5/-4/1, IMO.

Just sayin' that flight numbers are totally independent of manufacturer and folks need to keep that in mind that haven't figured that out yet or may just need a reminder;)

Necrobump just to give this mold some love. I've been throwing tons of speed 9 discs lately because they seem to click best with my form and arm speed and this one is by far my favorite (175g domey Fuzion). Laser straight long and glidey with just a little fade at the very end. Easily my longest disc for tight lines. On a wide open fairway I'll throw a Tern, DDx or King, but sadly I'll only get 20-30 feet of extra distance. Yes, I'm well aware that means my form needs more work. So if you suck just slightly at disc disc golf, maybe give the Escape a try. :)

Necrobump just to give this mold some love. I've been throwing tons of speed 9 discs lately because they seem to click best with my form and arm speed and this one is by far my favorite (175g domey Fuzion). Laser straight long and glidey with just a little fade at the very end. Easily my longest disc for tight lines. On a wide open fairway I'll throw a Tern, DDx or King, but sadly I'll only get 20-30 feet of extra distance. Yes, I'm well aware that means my form needs more work. So if you suck just slightly at disc disc golf, maybe give the Escape a try. :)

:thmbup: Longer than the Saint, and most other speed 9 drivers. Great disc that doesn't get enough love, IMO.

Alright so, I've read almost this entire thread and others on the Escape and comparisons were made from anything to Volt to Roadrunner - that's quite the spectrum! Is this power level dependent? Can someone that knows that they have cleaner form, no oat / over torque-er, comment? What is the true flight of this disc? Less powerful arms also welcome please (300-350ft).

One thing that everything does seem to agree on is that this thing bombs. Therefore, I assume that's true. What is it that makes it go so far? Is it a significant turn and then hook up? Glide? Both?

Can anyone by chance compare to a Discraft Zflx Heat (which is more stable than Z or Big Z Heat)?

Thanks!

I found one that I think is lucid plastic, it's a players pack one with metal flake in it that's is kind of like or lil more flexible champ type of plastic. I only get it around 300 but usually under it and it flies pretty much the same as it's flight numbers. I lil turn with the 2 fade. It's an awesome disc as it seems like form issues are non existent as it always flies the same and any other disc I'll over power or OAT it or underpower and get an early fade from time to time. This thing just shoots out there kind of like a longer buzzz or roc. I could see me doing 3 disc rounds with this, a standard mid and putter.

Alright so, I've read almost this entire thread and others on the Escape and comparisons were made from anything to Volt to Roadrunner - that's quite the spectrum! Is this power level dependent? Can someone that knows that they have cleaner form, no oat / over torque-er, comment? What is the true flight of this disc? Less powerful arms also welcome please (300-350ft).

One thing that everything does seem to agree on is that this thing bombs. Therefore, I assume that's true. What is it that makes it go so far? Is it a significant turn and then hook up? Glide? Both?

Can anyone by chance compare to a Discraft Zflx Heat (which is more stable than Z or Big Z Heat)?

Thanks!

It's stability is dome/PLH dependent, IME. Not as understable as the Z Flx Heat, which I've thrown(2).

The Escape has a wider rim than the Saint. It also has a sharper wing. Those 2 things give it more distance.