• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] the details of your dynamic ESCAPE

I had an early fluid escape that was marked as 6 for glide. I found myself not throwing it as much because it had both turn and more fade for me when compared to my s-line PD. I vote s-line PD for longer Teebird. The few Teebirds I've thrown were noticeably shorter and with more fade. But I haven't thrown many Teebirds and never worked one in...

Can anyone comment on the typical stability of moonshine, lucid, Fuzion and Bio of current runs?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Just got a 169g hybrid escape. Second escape I have tried and this one is just fantastic. Such easy distance. I was throwing it 300' straight from a standstill at about 80% power. Definitely thinking of picking up a few backups from that same run.

Was bagging escapes for a while but just pulled them out. The two fluid ones I have are super os. Approaching lightly seasoned felon land.

What did you replace them with? Escapes are the bread and butter of my game. Always bag at least two, and sometimes a third depending on the course and wind conditions. Felons/Getaways/Escapes is a really fun lineup.

Escape

Tossed an Escape for the first time recently. Moonshine 169g. Horrible disappointment. Disc is VERY flippy. Any flat releases were turning and burning with regularity. Absolutely zero fight in this disc. Once it flips, its gone. No real late fade to speak of. The only shots I was able to throw properly were when I released it with a pretty steep hyzer angle. Top distance was probably 375'. Would have been more if the disc were more stable. I figure I threw the Escape about 20 times. Of those throws, 3 were acceptable. Rest flipped.

Disc is SEVERELY more understable than the flight numbers on the disc indicate. I would put this thing somewhere in the realm of a Sidewinder or Roadrunner. Glide was good.

I was kind of expecting something like a Viking or Thunderbird here. Not even close.

My numbers: 9, 5, -4, 1. Just a very flippy driver. Glide was about the only thing I found decent about the Escape.

My first Lucid Escape quickly beat in to a Discaft Heat or what I imagine a Sidewinder to be type bomber. My newer Lucid Escape is incredibly over stable. Very different discs. Both have the glide though.

This disc was my first driver when I started to take my game seriously. It was good for about the entire summer season then one day it just wasn't feeling good anymore. Nothing bad to say about it but now I throw a beat up 150 MOLF for "escape" shots.

A fresh Lucid Escape gives me the flight path indicated by its flight numbers. It does seem to fly significantly more US for people that get their distance from raw power rather than snap though. I also only use an Escape for shots in the 270-315 range, so YMMV. A smooth 80% toss tends to get me a 9/5/-1/2 flight and right at 300 ft of distance.

Thunderbird is the wrong comparison, so if that is what you were expecting when you picked up an Escape than you were destined to be disappointed; that's what DD makes the Getaway for. Valkyrie vs Escape would be more comparable. I've thrown Roadrunners too, and there's a significant difference between a fresh Escape and a fresh RR. I believe the Breakout is DD's attempt at a Roadrunner, but I've never thrown a Breakout so can't verify. I did test the Westside Hatchet directly against the RR and ended up selling my RR and bagging the Hatchet

I picked up one of those Lucid-X Escapes in the Am Matchplay player packs...and I'm quite disappointed. First of all, this year's Lucid-X feels entirely different than last year's. It is EXTREMELY firm and slick, reminiscent of bad runs of Champion plastic.
2018 Lucid-X >>>>>>>>>>>>> 2019 Lucid-X plastic.

Second, the amount of dome on the Lucid-X Escape is insane. It no longer looks or feels like an Escape. Personally I feel the disc shape is pretty uncomfortable in the hand.

And third, somehow adding all that extra dome managed to make a disc with less glide, not more. In my initial tests, it was flying shorter than a fresh Getaway, beat Getaway, and beat Escape. It was consistently 10'-20' shorter than the other discs.

If the Lucid-X Escape has one redeeming quality, that is that it actually fights a headwind quite well if thrown at around 300' power. The fade is still pretty mild, but there is almost no turn at all. I'd give it a flight rating of 9/4/0-ish/2. I will keep testing it for a while, but probably will not bag this regularly. Could see it going in the bag on really windy days for shots that I'd like a Getaway flight but with less fade. But other than that, nah. Would much rather throw normal production run Escapes.

Can someone with more experience with Trilogy tell me what a good step up from an Escape would be? Looking for a true distance driver but not warp speed and wide rimmed.

The flow, renegade, and trespass seem like prime suspects. One thing I like about the Escape is that it molds up differently across plastics, so I can get a nice S out of a Bio or Fuzion, and then throw a moonshine or even a Getaway and get the same glide with solid HSS.

Extra points for a disc that slots in well next to a similar feeling and flying but more beefy OS bookend disc, and the same for a more US disc. I would probably continue to bag a Star Mamba for flippy needs.

Can someone with more experience with Trilogy tell me what a good step up from an Escape would be? Looking for a true distance driver but not warp speed and wide rimmed.

The flow, renegade, and trespass seem like prime suspects. One thing I like about the Escape is that it molds up differently across plastics, so I can get a nice S out of a Bio or Fuzion, and then throw a moonshine or even a Getaway and get the same glide with solid HSS.

Extra points for a disc that slots in well next to a similar feeling and flying but more beefy OS bookend disc, and the same for a more US disc. I would probably continue to bag a Star Mamba for flippy needs.

You'd be happy with the Trespass - readily available in all types of plastic. It's a definite step up in both speed and stability from an Escape.

My favorite in that slot is the Sword: they just bomb.

I've only thrown a few Escapes, but I agree with the Trespass as a natural step up in speed. You can definitely have a difference in stability between them, from pop up and glide to sweep fade, to ones that are turnover bombers. They power down very easily for being a speed 12ish driver.

I also agree that the Sword is very similar in flight characteristics to the Trespass, generally on the less stable end of them from the ones that I have thrown.

Interesting fact: while the Trespass is rated as speed 12, and Escape as speed 9, their rims are almost the same width: 2.1 for the Trespass, 2.0 for the Escape.

So in the Innova universe, it would be more like moving from a speed 10 to 11.

Last edited:
Interesting fact: while the Trespass is rated as speed 12, and Escape as speed 9, their rims are almost the same width: 2.1 for the Trespass, 2.0 for the Escape.

So in the Innova universe, it would be more like moving from a speed 10 to 11.

The Trespass rim is noticeably shallower than the Escape's. Hence the added speed.

Its like a Katana vs. a Boss. They have the same width rim, but the Katana's is way shallower. Innova says they're both speed 13, but a Katana easily flies faster than a Boss.

sorry if this is explained in here but i read a bunch of the pages and did not see a breakdown. How is Fuzion Escape in terms of dome and stability compared to lucid and bio fuzion?

My lucid is domey and more stable. So i like to forehand my biofuzion one because it is flatter but i wish it was as stable as my lucid. So i was wondering of magically the fuzion escape is flat like bio and more stable like lucid.

Alright so, I've read almost this entire thread and others on the Escape and comparisons were made from anything to Volt to Roadrunner - that's quite the spectrum! Is this power level dependent? Can someone that knows that they have cleaner form, no oat / over torque-er, comment? What is the true flight of this disc? Less powerful arms also welcome please (300-350ft).

One thing that everything does seem to agree on is that this thing bombs. Therefore, I assume that's true. What is it that makes it go so far? Is it a significant turn and then hook up? Glide? Both?

Can anyone by chance compare to a Discraft Zflx Heat (which is more stable than Z or Big Z Heat)?

Thanks!

With the variations in plastics, domeyness, player arm strength, player release angles, freshness of disc, etc. i am starting to think that choosing the correct discs is a random exercise at best. There has to be a way for the manufacturers to start producing more consistent discs. I find it be a major struggle, as I play around tons of water and go through quite a few discs and none of them are ever the same. makes developing a consistent game extremely difficult.

With the variations in plastics, domeyness, player arm strength, player release angles, freshness of disc, etc. i am starting to think that choosing the correct discs is a random exercise at best. There has to be a way for the manufacturers to start producing more consistent discs. I find it be a major struggle, as I play around tons of water and go through quite a few discs and none of them are ever the same. makes developing a consistent game extremely difficult.

I found this to be the case as well, which is why I've found some molds I really like in DX plastic and just started cycles. Dx eagles and rocs are the core of my bag, they all feel and fly the same when fresh, seasoned, and beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DX Eagle. Button pushed. DX Thunderbird is the only DX I like more.

Prime Escape is another fave. You get a lot of mileage out of them before they are rollers/lake bait.

I get you guys like to cycle molds and all. I just don't throw my discs in lakes. Rarely in ponds. I'm okay with creeks. Beat them into where you want them then don't lose them.

Escapes are nice af though, bag 2 currently.

Latest posts