• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
iDye is where it's at Dan.:thmbup:

Reason I asked Dan was because I was wondering how the iDye black would "grade" - as in how a lighter dip would turn out. Haven't tried it and on the longer dips I have done it still seems to have a slight green shade - and was wondering if that might be more prominent on lighter dips or whether it gives a nice gray - like Dan had on that disc.

Any experience there, ND? (or anyone else for that matter)

Last edited:
iDye gives you good shades of grey on shorter dips. The horns on my UNC dye I did a page or two back was a short dip in iDye black. Never had a problem getting grey with it. When I'm painting with it I cut it in half with water before I mix and that makes a nice shade of grey too.

iDye gives you good shades of grey on shorter dips. The horns on my UNC dye I did a page or two back was a short dip in iDye black. Never had a problem getting grey with it. When I'm painting with it I cut it in half with water before I mix and that makes a nice shade of grey too.

Thanks, ND.

To get back on topic:
Purple Jaquard iDye in a classic design on a yellow/slightgreenish Westside Northman in Tournament plastic (Goldline really):
twistedcandy2.JPG

And PAIN! on a greenish/yellow Lat64 GL Pain. Black iDye dip and marbling in very weak iDye purple and Rit Scarlet red:
pain.JPG

Another really simple dye, just to start getting back into the swing of dying. I hope to start taking on some more difficult and interesting dyes soon, but lack of creative ideas is keeping me.

559499_3511653668651_1191150009_32759872_619699600_n.jpg

RUSH dye for Schleppy for all he's done to make Bradford Park such a high-caliber track:
7190029056_8a13e984e6_c.jpg

Buzzz on DJ's Cryztal Buzzz for all he's doing to make Grrr disc golf what it is:
7190024204_f1829512e1_c.jpg

7190020870_63e1148393_c.jpg

The SC flag and High Fly's reinterpretation:

SC-State-Flag2.png
7190022288_5566667414_c.jpg

Derby dyes for Devon --
7190027658_9a7b5cf6ee_c.jpg

Seneca Spring Fling trophy dyes:
7190021808_d958f53ee1_c.jpg

Iron Man trophy dyes(we did four of these bad boys):
7190021420_74975129bf_c.jpg

The RUSH disc got the underside rim done too, wish I had a pic -- if you're ever at Bradford, ask for Schleppy -- he BETTER have it in his bag and show it to you!

That buzzz bee on the cryztal and that iron man dye are ridiculous!

Awesome work!

We've been crankin' the dyes out, unfortunately haven't gotten pics of all of 'em...hopefully you'll see them in the air somewhere :)

We've been crankin' the dyes out, unfortunately haven't gotten pics of all of 'em...hopefully you'll see them in the air somewhere :)

Ha, I was just looking at them quickly on my phone and after you messages back, I realized you had listed both of those dyes! Great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts