• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
0119112318.jpg

I don't these very often but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. It's Leon from The Professional on a yellow QMS.

Wow. I never would have thought to put him on a disc, but that's a really good idea. Nice job.

my first color dye! daaa bulls! 172g pro starfire.

should i do a marble background?? Thinkin tan to make it look like hardwood.

2011-01-20184749.jpg

If you did not a marble, but a background that looks like strips of wood on a basketball court it'd be sick!

oldie but a goodie

IMG01384-20110120-1201.jpg

I'm guessing that someone else caught the innova stamp ghosting on this. To me its a little funny because all discrafters are crazy about the nuke/biohazard stuff being on their Nuke's. So anyone not taking a closer look, will think its a discraft nuke. I like this idea.

As it's been said many times...AMAZING THREAD!!! :clap: :clap:

Finally got through after stumbling upon it earlier in the week ("yes boss, this has everything to do with work...and soon I'll be able to dye some of your discs!")

I will hopefully be doing my first very soon...collecting the tools to start with. Have a hobby store going out of business and got non-Xacto cutters for about $15 for 2 cutters and 35 replacement blades (non-swivel, all they had).

I prolly won't post em online but my two favorite dyed discs are a Capt America shield Star Dart and a Seattle Seahawks Star Teebird I had somebody else do cuz I wanted them to look good (/me shakes fist at Da Bears!).

I am a sucker for cool dyes and stamps. :D

Keep it up and hope to add to the thread soon!

I'm guessing that someone else caught the innova stamp ghosting on this. To me its a little funny because all discrafters are crazy about the nuke/biohazard stuff being on their Nuke's. So anyone not taking a closer look, will think its a discraft nuke. I like this idea.

it was supposed to have a heart beat monitor dyed on it, but the buyer wanted the biohazard sign right before i dyed it. and yes, it's a pro beast :)

opto clear or opt to marble?

couldn't wait to get the rest of my starwars discs done to post this. wrestled with the idea of leaving the clear background but I ended up doing a gold marble background. let me know what you all think.

Attachments

• 100_2273.jpg
    100_2273.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 102
  • r2-d2 opto core.jpg
    r2-d2 opto core.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_2266.jpg
    100_2266.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 80
As you know, I'm just learning:

batarangfuse.jpg

Got a couple bumps in the lines. This is my first two-tone: Black and Pearl Grey on an Orange Fuse. I think it's ok. Was going for a blade look... and it kinda looks like a blade.

couldn't wait to get the rest of my starwars discs done to post this. wrestled with the idea of leaving the clear background but I ended up doing a gold marble background. let me know what you all think.

Love the gold! It makes R2 look especially white!
I was even wondering how you dyed him a clear white until I read your post more carefully

That's a pretty cool looking robot, bigmanbailye! But what the heck is "StarWars"? Never heard of it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts