• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not shure this is the right place to post this but I'm toying with the idea of haveing this dyed on a disc. If this is not the place to post this can you point me to the right place? I'm wanting a idea on the price to dye this. I also would like to know what the best disc color would be to do the dye on? I'm thinking white, blue, or orange? Help me out please.

P.S. I you are a packers fan you will NOT be doing this bye job. LOL
DA BEARS

Well, this probably isn't the right thread for it, but you're close, and in the eye of lots of dyers. Most people make a new thread for dye requests, but you're here already, so don't worry about it.
The Bears dye is pretty easy. I'd say either a White or orange disc would work best. You might get a better tone of blue on white, but orange would probably be cheaper(only dyeing 1 color instead of 2). I'd do it for $10+shipping, but it would take a couple weeks for me to get the time.

Well, this probably isn't the right thread for it, but you're close, and in the eye of lots of dyers. Most people make a new thread for dye requests, but you're here already, so don't worry about it.
The Bears dye is pretty easy. I'd say either a White or orange disc would work best. You might get a better tone of blue on white, but orange would probably be cheaper(only dyeing 1 color instead of 2). I'd do it for $10+shipping, but it would take a couple weeks for me to get the time.

Ok I don't have the cash now to do it. Just wanted to get an Idea of the cost. How much more would it cost to do a marbleing effect in the background? I'm assuming that White would be the best color for this?

Not shure this is the right place to post this but I'm toying with the idea of haveing this dyed on a disc. If this is not the place to post this can you point me to the right place? I'm wanting a idea on the price to dye this. I also would like to know what the best disc color would be to do the dye on? I'm thinking white, blue, or orange? Help me out please.

P.S. I you are a packers fan you will NOT be doing this bye job. LOL
DA BEARS

White is always the top choice for dyes but you could do an orange disc with this one. Blue disc wont work as the orange dye will not show properly on a blue background, prob end up brown. the other bonus of a white disc is you can make it any color you want after you dye the image.

This is a good image for you to learn how to dye with as well

I'll let you know how it works out on an orange champ road runner after I do it for someone else in a couple Weeks.
Thanks on the Mario, took the better part of a day

IMG_20111103_214214.jpg

This is how my 3rd dye came out. I think I'm finally starting to get the basics down. On a Vibram Trak

I definitely like that dye!

That super mario disc is really sweet too, wish my mario dye was that cool.:hfive:

Thanks all! I thought about spending more time shading (hard to see i'm pic) but, well, yeah....
IMAG0230.jpg

so this, plus these
IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

Too bad I don't throw my Flow anymore
IMAG0091.jpg

What else should I do...hmmm

Last edited:
Luv the Jokeri LoPan but just don't understand this infatuation with Mario?? If you must pursue this silliness, might I suggest a board screenshot. The ones Ching did were pretty sweet (cuz he did DonkeyKong, that I get!).

The 1 up is my vision. Star is the out of bag flow. Board screenshot? Ya lost me there...
I was thinking a fire flower, red mushroom, or raccoon tail Mario. I'm working in Links shield on my striker right now...

Board screenshot? Ya lost me there...

I was thinking a screenshot from the game. We are talking about the Super Mario video game characters right? Honestly I really don't know and should've kept my mouth shut about what's next :D. I do like the Mario disc, nothing mere or mediocre about it!

It was just the word board that threw me. Awesome design on the comet! Always love stuff that looks good spinning

I was thinking a screenshot from the game. We are talking about the Super Mario video game characters right? Honestly I really don't know and should've kept my mouth shut about what's next :D. I do like the Mario disc, nothing mere or mediocre about it!
(post fail)
talking about my stuff... the usual fare here is generally beyond my skills and/or patience. and i'm not even talking about stuff like your october trees which is, imho, absolutely stunning.

Hard to judge what the colors would look like on a pale green disc, but they're OK.
CIMG8628.jpg
[/IMG]

So I was thinking, I don't see many discs with optical illusions. Seems like a good medium for the subject. So I decided to try one. Result:
SDC11223.jpg

A couple bleeds here and there, and one missed weed (can you find it?), but overall pretty satisfied. Stare at it and move around a bit to get the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts