• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Frolf Club

i wonder how far you could toss a disc with one of those. i know people have talked about having some kind of robotic arm to serve as a base test for discs and flight characteristics, seems like something like this could serve as a very very crude start if it were attached to a rotating machine in which you could control other variables. obviously it releases different than a disc off of your fingertips, but it'd be a start.

This thing is total fail. It has frolf in the name, it's against pdga rules, the disc spins clockwise even though u release it forehanded, the only thing controlling the release is the flex of the lips holding it in which obviously can't be tuned for each mold and weight of disc you have. I can't believe a single person would donate to this...

Even given to a robot would be pointless seeing as all you need is a clamping mechanism to imitate a person's hand.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to try it a few times for laughs. However to me this fails horribly in one aspect.

Disc golf is incredibly easy. To learn. Throw the disc, eventually get it in the basket. Not only does this take away from the appreciation of actual skill development, but now instead of your bad shot going 50 feet errant, it is 400 feet away. Haha

It's called the Folf Club not the Frolf Club!!! And it's freaking sweet. It's clearly not anything that would be beneficial or enjoyable to use in dg but a different sized one of these with some sort of motor would be awesome for running drills in ultimate.

Last edited:
For those of you not into guns, this is just clay pigeon thrower expanded for the size of a disc. If it ends up as cheap as clay pigeon throwers I'd buy one just to launch a disc or two off some high ledges with it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I wouldn't be at all surprised if some day down the road there wouldn't be guys out there that actually would get really proficient at using one of these things.

I can't throw forehand without picking up pieces of my shoulder, so it won't be me. :eek:
Besides, I like the whole "gripping the disc" thang.

'Throw like the pros'

Nuff said.

.......Lets give people who have no concept of disc flight, the ability to throw their brand new, 13 speed tie dye disc farther:|

"hide your kids hide your wife"

Suddenly, the world's a better place!

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. :rolleyes:

Says good for people who "overthrow" their discs. Is that like burning an OS driver into the ground with bad form? I know tons of people who do that. Otherwise I will take all the over throws I can get. Folf club. I hope they don't raise a penny honestly. I'm not against the idea but I don't like his upbeat attitude.

Latest posts