• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

Is there any difference between the stamps for S-PD's? Why do they have two different stamps for this disc?

juju said:
Is there any difference between the stamps for S-PD's? Why do they have two different stamps for this disc?

No difference. Europeans like the clean and professional look where American golfers like retarded names with stupid graphics...That's just my theory.

discspeed said:
juju said:

No difference. Europeans like the clean and professional look where American golfers like retarded names with stupid graphics...That's just my theory.

I like both stamps for completely different reasons. Must be a Canadian thing.

jubuttib said:
discspeed said:
Joz said:
Regular release C-line PDs are now selling on Discgolfunited.com. Bought myself a couple. Wonder how they'll compare to my Big D and AO ones.
Anyone have any of these yet?
Pay attention.
Joz said:
Ok, so I just received a phone call from Sam Covington down at the Innova East warehouse/DGU, and he told me that the C-PD is not to be released until March 7th - so I can't get my discs until that day. Apparently there was an oversight by the DGU people. HE DID tell me that Discmania was planning to make the initial C-Line release include the P1, MD1, PD, and TD --- and will possibly include the DD2 and PD2. 1 month until my wife cusses me out...again.

I held a 130 C P1 and is fairly tacky for C and surprisingly soft in the flight plate. I have no idea how they will turn out in normal weights.

Just when I was starting to doubt, I fell right back in love with my PD's.

Played a pretty windy glow round last night with my red champystar and white s-PDs, both DGR runs, both max weight. Earlier in this thread I expressed some disappointment with the lack of HSS in the red champystar. The first time I played with it I expected it to be close to 0 and it was considerably flippier than that which lead to some piss poor shots. This time I knew what to expect from the disc and it performed beautifully on tailwind shots (FH and BH) and finesse shots. In situations where I needed more HSS and fade the white s-PD really shined.

The variety in the PD mold really is a double edged sword. On the one hand, you can create a quiver of PDs to cover every shot. On the other hand, it's a crap shoot finding PDs to match the flight you want.

p-PDs are now on the chopping block for me. With my beat up red sPD and my champystar red sPDs, the pPD isn't really necessary. I've also found the beat up p's to be pretty damn finicky but I'll probably keep them around for super flippy stuff. I'm also thinking about fooling around with roadrunners or TDs in this spot...

I played a round where I threw one of my PDs off of 6 of the 18 tees, and birdied 5 of them. I simply missed my 25' putt on the 6th one. I was able to shape an stable one on a torque line, shape a stable one on a pure line, pure a flippy one on a flat to anny line, pure a flippy one to a hyzer flip to straight, torque a flippy one to a hyzer flip to turnover, and throw my flippy one pure uphill. I also use a champ one on a short spike hyzer escape shot. I would have thrown one on a roller if I had my roller PD in my bag.

That's basically all of the shots I use it for, and I got to bust them all out today :D.

Since I have a local reputation for changing my bag around frequently (I guess normal people don't do this), people are starting to notice that the PDs have been around for a while now. I throw my beat red champystar S, my lightly seasoned yellow S (like the one I gave Timko), and my seasoned C for a HUGE chunk of my drives at most courses. I have a beat P in there too, but that's more of a specialty disc for tailwinds or late turning annies and doesn't see much routine use.

uNicedmeMan said:
discspeed said:
my lightly seasoned yellow S (like the one I gave Timko)

I want a few of these soo bad. The white ones have been holding down stable/slightly overstable duties pretty well though.

These keep filtering in to us at CDGS one or two at a time...And I keep snatching them up!!! Right now there is one on the shelf, you better get it before I decide to add it to the collection (BTW, if you really want it let me know and I'll make sure that is the disc you get and not one of the other yellows).

These are the slightly translucent champystar yellows? Those are sooooo sweet.

jubuttib said:
These are the slightly translucent champystar yellows? Those are sooooo sweet.

Yes, and they're nice. Currently I have a broken in P, a new Red Champy S in my bag, and a new C in the bag. I have a GB Squirrel Monkey, so I can only carry so many discs. Once my Grip bag gets in, I'll add my thrashed roller P, and add the yellow S once the Red one breaks in a bit.

PDs are really nice. Yesterday I remembered why I threw them so much. While people were pulling out all sorts of discs, I kept pulling them out. Lack of a need for options: very nice.

I got some stiff DGR P's from Frank the other day, and the one that I thew in the bag today was the least stable PD I've thrown. It'll track right from a flat throw, but has enough lss to come out and finish straight or slightly right. Is this normal for the stiff P's?? Maybe I'm just used to the P's that I've had which are flatter, flexy and start out with 0 hss.

In my experience with about ten to fifteen P-PDs the stiff p-lines usually have more dome and more stability. The flatter flexy p-lines seem to be less stable. I prefer the stiff domey ones myself and once they break in they are nice. I have moved away from the P-PDs due to this inconsistency and toward the S-PDs which are more consistent. I have added S-TDs for turnover, anhyzer, hyzer-flip and roller duties and I am very happy with how they seem to be more consistent on these shots than P-PDs which do, as DgDave has said, have a quicker and more abrupt turn in their flight. The S-TDs flip up (or over) more gradually, and in my opinion, consistently.

The stiff ones are domey like my s-pd's. The parting line heights are very similar to my other p's though. I'm a fan of these and I got enough to have some back ups. They have a ton of glide which makes them pretty nice in a tail wind.

My stiff ones (DGR) are all flat and started out as less HSS and LSS, two of my flexy ones (though I think the surface texture is the major difference, much more... "rubbery" feel) are domey and one is flat, all started out as 0 HSS, one (max weight white) started out like an overstable S-Line and has since only lost a bit of LSS, it's still a wind fighter.

I just got my c-line PDs in the mail, and I gotta say that I'm a little disappointed. The PLH of the regular runs is way lower than my AO/big D CPDs. I think the plastic feels cheap too. Gonna go throw them shortly...

Latest posts