• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Who will charge more for discs this year…MVP or Discmania?
MVP's pricing has been pretty standard, at least I thought so. ~15-16 for proton, ~17-18 for neutron, 24.99 for signature stamped discs. The very limited run of the first run prototype simon TLs seems to be the one everyone points to as 'MVP breaking their model'

Give the marketing guy a raise

I was starting to doubt it tbh. Lots of good cases made for and against.
Same. Biggest things for me...an entire month of no order forms seemed strangely long for just moving equipment (which was done second week in Dec). Simon goes dark for four weeks. Paul K signs and there is no Simon video. The slow-drip instagram of the pixel when there is over an hour of content with it on YT...I was optimistic but starting to doubt in the end. That video was exactly what I wanted it to be.

Buhr's first ITB that will be released on Youtube in about 1½ hour:

View attachment 330916
Old S-line DD w/ 11/5/0/2 flight number stamp but he described the disc like the new DD (11/6/-3/2?) as being more beginner friendly
It looks like Gannon got his hands on a decent bit of eagles personal stash. Seeing eagles stamp on the backside of a few of those discs, norably that "pd3" stamped pd2.
With how quick this ITB was set up it makes me wonder if Buhr already had most of these last 'offseason' when he initially announced leaving Prodigy. I think the MD5 and FD1 are the only releases from the past summer there? Unsure about the Horizon CB. Interesting that he doesn't want the new MD1, MD3, or PD since any could be tour series for him with McMahon/Lizotte gone.

Last edited:
Gloriously cheesy haha.. saw it coming a mile away. Haha a Prism envy for Eagles first disc? Not the best envy bud... but welcome anyways
Yes you did! when you pointed out from your friend, that's when I started thinking Eagle was going to MVP, you've never bum doped anybody on here, in theTell tale signs were pointing Eagle to MVP. Eagles departure video from Discmania, I enjoy symbolism and there was someone on Reddit that took a still shot and show symbolism of MVP being spelled out and that's when I fully decided he's coming to MVP I never saw that photo on here.

I'm excited, having started playing the fall of 2019 and with the Covid shut down on the tour in 2020. I went back and saw all the videos of tour events in 2018-2019 to find out who the pros were, my four favorites were Heinberg, Eagle, Simon and Conrad. now having three of those four over to MVP it's pretty exciting considering we're coming up on almost two years ago picking up my first disc and then flipping my bag over to MVP/Axoim.

I still have a Sprinkle of Innova and Discmania in higher speeds. so I now have a reason to follow Gannon now along with Klein. About 3 months ago I picked up my first Eagle disc Horizon cloudbreaker that I thought would just be an experiment but it's a fun and easy throw and a keeper.

Haha yeah I saw that photo, I figured it was a stretch, and then I thought about it and they do like their Easter egg crap was like yeah probably intentional. Why else shoot him on the far right?

@lee76007 thanks for the vote of confidence haha. It was just heresay from a innova pro I know not associated with MVP in any way, just a guy I lend support to with Junior Disc Golf.

Last edited:
Interesting to see Gannon's first "ITB" introduction video is so heavy on older/used discs, and Alden's first video is just taking stuff off the shelves directly.

MVP's pricing has been pretty standard, at least I thought so. ~15-16 for proton, ~17-18 for neutron, 24.99 for signature stamped discs. The very limited run of the first run prototype simon TLs seems to be the one everyone points to as 'MVP breaking their model'
MSRP for the Eagle Envy is $29.95. (MAP is $24.95)

Latest posts