• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

It would have to be Philo or MJ since they're used to using only 4 molds anyway
I think Owner of Trash Panda, when I asked Jessie said he would allow uses of other discs besides main putting putter/main driving putter until some gaps the pro needs get filled with few molds Jessie could make as some due to plastic or mold design are a never make so Jessie is still allowing other molds, just no free discs other then the molds and minis made by sponsor.

If he's heathy that could be a huge move for somebody, would love to see him back near 100% no matter what he's throwing.

I understand the speculation behind DM dumping the plastic if they can't sell it after he's gone.

Eagle announced a couple months ago he was having surgery.

To me at least you don't announce that if you're in the middle of contract shopping. The unknown of how well he'll be able to throw afterwards can't do anything but hurt your negotiation leverage.

I honestly can't see DM letting Eagle go elsewhere the year immediately after Simon walked out the door. Yeah there's the rumor of them signing Gannon, and Kyle Klein wins enough each season to continue his upward trajectory, but letting 2 of the top 3 plastic movers walk in consecutive seasons is just terrible optics.

Only way I could see that actually happening is either DM knows Eagle's arm is toast or HoD is really tightening the grip and refuses to spend big time money on sponsorship.

I understand the speculation behind DM dumping the plastic if they can't sell it after he's gone.

Eagle announced a couple months ago he was having surgery.

To me at least you don't announce that if you're in the middle of contract shopping. The unknown of how well he'll be able to throw afterwards can't do anything but hurt your negotiation leverage.

I honestly can't see DM letting Eagle go elsewhere the year immediately after Simon walked out the door. Yeah there's the rumor of them signing Gannon, and Kyle Klein wins enough each season to continue his upward trajectory, but letting 2 of the top 3 plastic movers walk in consecutive seasons is just terrible optics.

Only way I could see that actually happening is either DM knows Eagle's arm is toast or HoD is really tightening the grip and refuses to spend big time money on sponsorship.
I would think that his having the surgery makes him more attractive to potential sponsors rather than less. Doctors have gotten pretty good at fixing stuff that can be fixed.

I think that's the big question, if it can be fixed.

I hope he makes it back 100% but I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't think anybody had any idea how much injury would've wrecked Will's ability to play at the time. Different injury sure but nothing is guaranteed.

I know MLB pitchers pretty much expect to have Tommy John surgery at some point in their career now but you're talking about medical professionals protecting hundred million dollar plus investments.

I tore my Labrum in college (pitcher) and had it repaired. Was never close to what it was before the injury in velocity or control, and to an extent, flexibility from the scar tissue the scope leaves behind. Ended up tearing it again and gave up on the baseball dream. Hopefully 20 years of medical advancements will prove a much more successful repair for Eagle than the experience I had. As far as the Eagle rumors, I don't see HOD letting him walk from their umbrella, but maybe they shift him to Lat 64 or similar (longshot). But the betting money is probably on Eagle staying with Discmania and them giving him a pretty sweet deal because he moves so much plastic for them. But as others have mentioned, how much control over the brands and sponsorships does HOD actually have?

I think that's the big question, if it can be fixed.

I hope he makes it back 100% but I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't think anybody had any idea how much injury would've wrecked Will's ability to play at the time. Different injury sure but nothing is guaranteed.

I know MLB pitchers pretty much expect to have Tommy John surgery at some point in their career now but you're talking about medical professionals protecting hundred million dollar plus investments.
He said in an interview at the end of the season that he feels great and is back to like 80% or better. He's taking this surgery as more of an elective to repair it even further. He also said he changed the way he throws sidearms to prevent this from happening again.

What if "in house" means he's the first "house of discs" sponsored player?

Signature series with each manufacturer or something wild like that?

Seems like it might be easier to get each company to cough up a bit of cash and chip in for a piece of Eagle as opposed to DM picking up the tab for the whole thing.

What if "in house" means he's the first "house of discs" sponsored player?

Signature series with each manufacturer or something wild like that?

Seems like it might be easier to get each company to cough up a bit of cash and chip in for a piece of Eagle as opposed to DM picking up the tab for the whole thing.
I was thinking this or brands Discmaina works with to allow all Yikun and Latitude 64 molds as well as Discmania molds. I would think a more unique Idea like yours where Discmaina has most of the bill for Discmania as current contract as is with Yikun and Latitude 64 kicking in the rest or Discmania does main bill with House Of Discs companies they own paying rest of bill. Also, I see Discmania Selling these discs to make up a loss of Simon for those people who only buy exactly the discs and everything down to towel/bag model of a Pro even his sponsored apparel/shoes if player has them. You know the type who can't play well but insist on using favorite players disc lineup or as close as one can get even when the player can't throw most of those molds well and would be better served selling these discs and buying more beginner to experienced but not a strong player type discs.

While I agree with this, it doesn't mean it won't happen.

Latest posts