• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Oh...I've been schooled. I award your 2 million internet points for your virtual pile on.

This ins't about metrics, it is about appearance. Appearing to value your female customer less than your male one can cause some men to look upon your company dis-favorably.

If it's about appearance, how long until the relationship between token FPO player and manufacturer sours? What's the right amount of investing to get the right PR result?

I would be very curious to see exactly how much plastic PP moved for DD...probably more than most FPO but it can't have been a needle mover like McBeth.

If it's about appearance, how long until the relationship between token FPO player and manufacturer sours? What's the right amount of investing to get the right PR result?

I have no idea. That is way beyond my pay grade.

I wonder how long it'll take Paige to become an engineer and design her own line of discs. If McBeth was any indication I'd say about 1 month.

Nobody moves plastic like McBeth. What I want to know is how Paige's discs move compared to Wysocki's.

I think the question is: how many discs *could* PP move? I think she is uniquely positioned to move a ton of discs, especially if women's disc golf is able to grow at a faster pace.

McBeth moved a lot of discs before going to discraft. But, once he got there, he and their marketing team seemed to just take it to the next level. Maybe we will see something similar here.

You know what would have been cool? Instead of 15 pages of stupidity, the OP got edited with new signings so you could just read one post to see what you need instead of sifting through trash. J/S

This is more what you are looking for.

Although Ultiworld has absolutely nothing about the news so far. It's only been a few hours, but they have nothing yet on their website, Twitter, or FB.

I thought DD told McBeth that they had money to throw around when he was leaving Innova?

Sounds like not enough money to keep PP on board.

Would be strange to then see her go to Innova who historically doesn't seem to offer much in terms of Signature Lines of discs (except your one World Champ stock disc or one-off runs for USDGC).

Unless she's getting a big base salary plus a bunch of popular Tour Discs.

Seems Discraft would be a better fit.

I would be very curious to see exactly how much plastic PP moved for DD...probably more than most FPO but it can't have been a needle mover like McBeth.

FWIW, Dynamic's top seller in October was the PP 5X Lucid-X Suspect. A retired mold (because sales were low) revived for a limited run specifically for Paige, and it nearly doubled the sales of the next best seller during the month. Draw your own conclusions.

Have to say I'm surprised about this. Makes all these long term contracts suspect to me if a third of the way through it, a player can bail on it. I mean, what's the value of a multi-year deal if they can be set aside so easily? I assume that DD got something in exchange for letting her out of the contract, otherwise what sort of precedent would it set? Imagine if some company went to McBeth tomorrow offering everything he's getting now plus $1M a year in salary and use of a jet for travel. Would he be able to just walk away from Discraft? Would they let him go for nothing?

I bet PP ends up at Discraft. I think they saw how much product McBeth moved for them and decided to sign the women's 5x Champ to do the same thing. She's proven to move plastic and is the top women's player in the game. If Discraft was ballsy enough to sign McBeth I have no doubt that they might make the same type of move for Paige.

Ah, that's the Front 9. Weird how there's such a big drop before the back 9, huh? Especially with Ricky moving towards the end

That's kinda the point....
9 Holes MPO: 1.8 Mil views
18 holes FPO: <70k views

Like it or not, these are the metrics that will sell marketing execs who consider investing/sponsoring the sport. No one (in marketing) cares what drama is unfolding in the round itself, or if it is a good back and forth competition. They look at numbers, plain and simple.

It is NOT sexism it IS capitalism. Society has already voted what is the higher priority with their eyes. If you don't like the current results, watch more FPO coverage so executives understand it's "importance".

That's kinda the point....
9 Holes MPO: 1.8 Mil views
18 holes FPO: <70k views

Like it or not, these are the metrics that will sell marketing execs who consider investing/sponsoring the sport. No one (in marketing) cares what drama is unfolding in the round itself, or of it is a good back and forth competition. They look at numbers, plain and simple.

It is NOT sexism it IS capitalism. Society has already voted what is the higher priority with their eyes. If you don't like the current results, watch more FPO coverage so executives understand it's "importance".

MPO get a majority of the views. But that one video is taking an outlier. It hit the YouTube lottery. How about comparing something similar. 2 Jomez videos.
1. USWDGC R1: 170K views
2. USDGC R1: 302K views

That is a better comparison. Each round was done by Jomez, each round was a "featured" card.