• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Past, Present, and Future of PDGA Technical Standards

View attachment 327414

Thats the most interesting part. Kinda confirms what we already suspected but interesting to see it in data.
Yes, we knew those were the general trends, but what surprised me, is that these data trends are so strong for the averages each year, not the extreme limits for the discs. I smoothed the data with polynomial regression to best model the long-term trends and make them easy to see.

Last edited:
IMO the most interesting change from 2020 to 2023/24 figures will be the percentage of discs manufactured by Lone Star. I'd think they would go from 0 to at least 10-15% of the market. Yikun may drop, didn't both Prodigy and Dicmania pull their mold production from them recently?

IMO the most interesting change from 2020 to 2023/24 figures will be the percentage of discs manufactured by Lone Star. I'd think they would go from 0 to at least 10-15% of the market. Yikun may drop, didn't both Prodigy and Dicmania pull their mold production from them recently?
Not to me, the most interesting thing to me how many new brands there over that stretch and just how many new disc models there are (we recently passed 1,900 approved discs and ~300 new discs will be approved by the end of the year). There were 28 new companies with approved equipment last year and there are 27 new ones so far this year. Disc golf is becoming more and more global, with many of the new brands located outside of the US.

Attachments

• 2023_new_brands.png
    2023_new_brands.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
Was also great to see the variety of non-traditional discin' countries like the Philippines, Japan, Czech Republic getting involved in production. Ten years ago it cost a fortune to ship discs to Manila.

Was also great to see the variety of non-traditional discin' countries like the Philippines, Japan, Czech Republic getting involved in production. Ten years ago it cost a fortune to ship discs to Manila.
That definitely bodes well for the future of disc golf. If you build it, they will come, and if make discs as well, they will come faster!

Develop the goddamned directional baskets already!! :D
We don't have to use the Dr. Dolf version, but it is a great solution to the problem of putting that is too easy.

Untitled.jpg