• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

You guys need to hire someone to run financials. You are selling out of your first run molds, yet are coming up short on cash to release more discs?

I don't think that is really fair. So far the discs from RDG are either custom plastics/stamps of exist disc or modified versions of other molds. I am guessing the profit margin on these disc is not huge cause I am sure Daredevil and Gateway take a share of money on each disc to mold them.

My experience pricing molds out has been that they range from $10k (for a very very small part simple mold which this wouldn't be) to $35k-$40k for large more complex parts.

Last edited:
You guys need to hire someone to run financials. You are selling out of your first run molds, yet are coming up short on cash to release more discs?

We aren't nearly as frugal as we could be when it comes to projects. That I will admit.

That said, we have sunken $4K into the Tyrant without a dime of return up to this point. $4K is a huge sum of money for this tiny label. It's a true statement of the tenacity of our fans for us even to be afloat with those types of investment requirements.

I'm addition, we really like the Craft aspect of the project. I despise pre orders and I don't like to take money without a product. Most start ups will Kickstart or GoFundMe and that just isn't my thing. I know our fans get annoyed with the slow play but I also know they dig it ;)

I appreciate the thought though. It let's me know that some people are chomping at the bit for new products.
Slowly but surely... We will deliver. We always do!

"We will deliver. We always do!"

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well said!

Did you guys hold one to some of this run to stamp later on? Don't want to miss out if I decide to wait

I'm wondering the same. I love the different stamps you guys use, don't want to regret a purchase if you stamp some, but I've also been waiting on an Amber Ptero.

I'm wondering the same. I love the different stamps you guys use, don't want to regret a purchase if you stamp some, but I've also been waiting on an Amber Ptero.

All are listed but there are more at the warehouse. Don't worry there will be stamped Amber sometime, hopefully sooner than later.

That sounds like a motto, and also a good description of the Scale.

Slowly and surely it delivers. It always does.

Can anyone compare Organic (SSS) and Organic (S) plastic to something else I might be more familiar with? Is it like more textured Gstar? More/less flexible than Gstar? Like Gateway S and SSS?

Can anyone compare Organic (SSS) and Organic (S) plastic to something else I might be more familiar with? Is it like more textured Gstar? More/less flexible than Gstar? Like Gateway S and SSS?

Yup I would say a more tacky and grippier gateway sure grip S/SSS. Both are less flexible then Gstar. If you like baseline plastic putters the organic scales are great.

For the Night Owls and Early Risers...

Killer DriFit in the works. Available for the dreaded pre-order right now!

http://www.reptiliandiscgolf.com/product/pre-order-rdg-craft-drifits

DdIxPuS.jpg

JCass - when are you scheduled for stocking new Fossil, Fossil Fuel etc. Wizards?

These are a very popular drift. They're the same ones MVP uses and they're fitting true to size.

I wear an XL most times, the XL sporttek does not bring back memories of fat guys in little coats