• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Undertaker??

Anyone throw X Undertakers? How are they? Are they domey?

I've gone through about 6 now in my flippy fairway spot. They look the same as my Ti and ESP...but I guess if I had to pick which way they leaned, domey versus flat, I'd say they are a touch on the domey side relative to what I've seen.

Attachments

• 20170415_175755_resized.jpg
    20170415_175755_resized.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20170415_180010_resized.jpg
    20170415_180010_resized.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 39
I've gone through about 6 now in my flippy fairway spot. They look the same as my Ti and ESP...but I guess if I had to pick which way they leaned, domey versus flat, I'd say they are a touch on the domey side relative to what I've seen.

You bet, they get better glide and fly with slightly less fade.
Slowly beat into consistently straight flyers.

I've always been partial to Elite X plastic.

Straight flyer, my esp's are straight as well, but my x is a little better for hyper flips and straight shots at 60-70% power after a little wear.

Thanks! I'm thinking of using one instead of a Sting in the interest of minimalizing molds.

Thanks! I'm thinking of using one instead of a Sting in the interest of minimalizing molds.

Might work out after a few months of seasoning. I still like the Sting for slower flip ups or extreme turnovers, but my beat X's could cover that spot if I juice 'em, and if you have any Glo Zs, the Undertaker could have all your fairway shots covered.

This could work, but the Rim and bigger diameter of the Sting feels so much better for turnovers. The reason I keep a seasoned X Undertaker is for straight shots at 65-75% power, I can apply a lot of finesse. Hyzerflips are a breeze too with it for my Less than Average-Average Speed Arm.

A local sports store is selling some discs near a local course I go, not a big inventory but they had one Undertaker and it was in Pro-D so I bought it. Not sure how it's going to fly and for how long but I'll know soon.

Just got this Z Undertaker & took it out to the field along with a Champion Valkyrie. Both max weight. These two are very close in flight with the Undertaker being a touch more stable. The flights were really interchangeable.

I'm going to replace my Valkyrie with this Undertaker mostly because I like the name & stamp more. I can't say I've ever found the Valkyrie to be inconsistent or anything. Just leaning Discraft on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_20190830_203647.jpg
    IMG_20190830_203647.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 55
I haven't a Ti disc since the older supper muddy colored ones. Are newer Ti's pretty stiff or have some flex?

I haven't a Ti disc since the older supper muddy colored ones. Are newer Ti's pretty stiff or have some flex?

I think the new Ti and old Ti is quite close in flex and feel..but the new Ti have better colors, but with worse stamps

Most stable, and lacking a lot of glide

Yes, maybe so. . .but what it lack in glide it gains in control . . i really like the Ti Undertaker and Vulture for the control they give me

The Ti Buzzz SS is the most controllable disc in my bag. . and the Roach is another Ti "hit"

I like the new. . and old Ti discs :)

How fast will the JB Undertaker break in and how will it fly?

Will it get super flippy US or a nice US turnover disc?

thinking of just having Predators and Undertakers as my fairways. . .but i need a US Undertaker for that to work
Love my Vultures but my most US Pred or most OS Undertaker could do most of the things a Vulture can

Would be fun to try the DGA Pipeline but thats one more problem to solve. . and the Undertakers ARE a good disc

How fast will the JB Undertaker break in and how will it fly?

Will it get super flippy US or a nice US turnover disc?

thinking of just having Predators and Undertakers as my fairways. . .but i need a US Undertaker for that to work
Love my Vultures but my most US Pred or most OS Undertaker could do most of the things a Vulture can

Would be fun to try the DGA Pipeline but thats one more problem to solve. . and the Undertakers ARE a good disc

JB is essentially a base plastic. Base plastic drivers aren't so good (unless you're talking teebird/eagle etc) I'd expect it to start understable and get flippy.

For what you want, I'd recommend trying X plastic undertakers and wearing them in. Personally, I just paired 'takers with a mantis for a while, until I got my 168 Z Undertaker beat in to handle most hyzerflip/turnover shots. The pipeline would be a good one to pair with an undertaker too.

My setup is preds/takers for basically all fairway shots. Really nice setup but you definitely need to play a lot and have some patience to break in Z plastic (which is nearly indestructible)

JB is essentially a base plastic. Base plastic drivers aren't so good (unless you're talking teebird/eagle etc) I'd expect it to start understable and get flippy.

For what you want, I'd recommend trying X plastic undertakers and wearing them in. Personally, I just paired 'takers with a mantis for a while, until I got my 168 Z Undertaker beat in to handle most hyzerflip/turnover shots. The pipeline would be a good one to pair with an undertaker too.

My setup is preds/takers for basically all fairway shots. Really nice setup but you definitely need to play a lot and have some patience to break in Z plastic (which is nearly indestructible)

My 164g Z Undertaker starting to get to the nice US side. . i feel like my ESP and Big-Z are not as predictable as my Zs

I have a super flat Z Pred, then a smal dome Z with lots of ware. . .and then one new and my older 164g Z Undertaker. . .nice setup

But i do have a Ultrium FLIPPERi for the super US shots, , hard to get a Undertaker THAT flippy :)

i do like the Vulture, Anax and Raptor. .. but i don´t really need them . . the Pred/Undertaker kombo can do it all

I've got a FR McBeth that is definitely on the US side. Flips up from a deep hyzer to turn. I used it as a OH disc though.

Latest posts