• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

To smoke, or not to smoke, that is the question

Smoking should be illegal everywhere including private homes.

Tobabcco tax revenues provide so many services to the needy.

It's kind of funny, but as someone who works in the health care industry...we need drug abusing, smoking, obese, diabetic, cancer ridden, mentally ill, non compliant patients to stay afloat.

Could you imagine if nobody drank, smoked, did drugs, ate right, excersised, took care of their bodies? I'd be out of a job!

Tobabcco tax revenues provide so many services to the needy.

It's kind of funny, but as someone who works in the health care industry...we need drug abusing, smoking, obese, diabetic, cancer ridden, mentally ill, non compliant patients to stay afloat.

Could you imagine if nobody drank, smoked, did drugs, ate right, excersised, took care of their bodies? I'd be out of a job!

your welcome. i do all of the above. drink, smoke, do drugs, work out, eat right, exercise, call me well balanced. and i ran a 7 minute mile last week

your welcome. i do all of the above. drink, smoke, do drugs, work out, eat right, exercise, call me well balanced. and i ran a 7 minute mile last week

Congrats, I can run a marathon faster than that pace. Smoking isn't good any way you look at it.

Imagine how good you'd be if you didn't smoke or do drugs.

by the way, no we are not a democracy we are a republic

Its about time somebody knew the difference.

I don't care if you smoke. Don't do it in my face, put it out correctly, and clean up after yourself and we will get along just fine. Live and let live.

Lol I love this thread. Not because of the content of the OP, cause that is a scary idea that hasn't made it here yet. But rather because that great government that allows and taxes the **** out of cigarettes has been limiting the places that its ok to use them. Someday once the brilliant govt has taken smoking out of all the public places and a method with better results to quit smoking have emerged, they will be kicking their own ass for all the tax money they are losing.

Results from a credible study I saw found that increasing cigarettes to 6$ a pack decreased the number of people that started smoking to 20% the number at 3$. Published in a national journal. I think they're aware of the ass kicking they'd give themselves. Someone said that medical stuff would negate the losses; I disagree. They actually get taxes from the people paid for the services and goods required for cancer care. How many smokers do you think don't pay taxes? I, personally, know a disproportionate amount of welfare recipients to be smokers.

I fail to see how this is related to disc golf. We're not sitting in a crowded patio while playing disc golf. We're also not intentionally sitting close to smokers if we don't like getting smoke in our lungs.

I personally wish it were illegal nationally, not just in specific places.

It makes me sad that you hate the constitution. Looking forward to the arguments in congress. "They're smoking taxable cigarettes. That's the Commerce Clause!!!":doh:

ummmm majority rules, it is sort of the backbone of democracy.

Majority rule, minority rights. You forgot half of it. (The actual quote by the philosopher carries more of a tone of disapprobal at your statement.)

I will not play a non-smoking course. And also, don't care what policies are made about public properties.

can this thread end now?? we will all die....some from lung cancer, some from prostate cancer, some from natural causes....smoking is bad for you....i like to smoke...you hate it...i like disc golf...you like dic golf...hugs all around...(I'll butt out my smoke first and blow my smoke away from you guys first..)
/thread :D

I think enough people know that 4:00 is an impressive mile time that I infer that he was not trying to impress me with his 7:00 mile time.

fine get personal. no i cant run a marathon but i hiked 12 miles in one day then ran about 10 miles then hiked another 10 miles in one day.

Congrats, I can run a marathon faster than that pace. Smoking isn't good any way you look at it.

it would be very difficult for me to run a marathon if possible at all however i have done this:

http://www.boss-inc.com/course_28-day-field_56.html

4 vegans out of 9 students who swore to not eat meat all did. dont judge until u have gone through it!

I just wanted to know if there were any other courses that had the same ban as mine. Didn't mean for the thread to turn into this lol

Latest posts