• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Traded My Groove

So I suckered to local PIAS into giving me $5 for my slightly worn Champion Groove ... which I promptly spent on a lightly used Pro Leopard. I wanted to love the Groove ... but I'm nowhere near ready to throw a 13 speed disc with any consistency. On the other hand - I should have bought a Leopard from the start ... this thing is so easy.

Great come up!

I turned my brand new Champion groove (a gift, let's clear that up right now) into the local van retailer at the course for full credit for any Champion or equal value disc! What a deal!

Found a groove on the course today,obviously no number,anyways...

Put it in my bag,upshot was horrible,handed to friend,my next drive was gorgeous,his next,horrible.

NEXT hole,he gives it to our other playing partner,botches the hole.

Moral of the story?

Don't carry a groove in your bag.

I found a brand new, no name Groove by hole 18 yesterday and actually chased down some guys who had just finished in the parking lot before they left to give it back. The guy actually wanted to give me a few bucks for returning the disc, but I declined and told him it's just a Groove nobody wants that thing.

Hah - I don't think it's by chance either that people 'lose' Grooves. I met a guy at a local course a few days ago who showed me three recent 'disc finds' he had ... all of them nearly spotless Champ Grooves.

I found a brand new, no name Groove by hole 18 yesterday and actually chased down some guys who had just finished in the parking lot before they left to give it back. The guy actually wanted to give me a few bucks for returning the disc, but I declined and told him it's just a Groove nobody wants that thing.

hahaha :hfive:

Found a nice pearly pink groove on a hole that is 250 long TIght fairway water on left side. Anyways found it 150 from teepad and 10 ft out in water. Wanted to love it, but its ontop of BCCC auditorium. Just before I threw it my buddy says roof.

my buddy found a almost new bright green groove on the left side of #2 at unc in a tree

no idea how the thrower missed that

This thread has inspired me to trade my groove. Right now it's just sitting in a milk crate, collecting dust, never to be thrown. It'll be like the stories you hear of someone trading a paper clip all the way up to a used car. Let's see if I can work my way up to an Augusta Wraith or First Run Destroyer!

Strange about all this groove hate. I think everybody hates the groove because its popular. I got into disc golf cause its not all that popular, so maybe I'll start throwing the groove cause it's not a very popular disc, in a not very popular sport? My buddy throw two grooves, though not very well. I guess he did lose one yesterday. Though he's lost more teebird than grooves, so I guess a teebird is worse than a groove?

Mine keeps coming back. I have a general rule with local trades, if you dont like the disc you can trade back it for something else.... Great policy for every thing but this damn groove.

I found an almost new champ dye groove last winter, hole 18, about 50' from the basket, The kids who were in front of us must have finished the hole and ran, I couldn't find them to return it. It sits on a shelf now.
I have noticed that there are quite a few stores (Sportman's Warehouse) carry them and maybe one or 2 other drivers. Not sure how they manach to sell these discs. That being said I have a friend that loves his, he just has to crank it so far over to get it to do what he wants that it has completely destroyed his throwing of most other discs.

I just need to sit at the local 9-holer here with a box full of I-dyed Grooves. I know I could make some $$$ there. I would be a pretty good salesman. I could convince alot of the cats that frequent that course that their game would improve if they bought a Groove from me.

my friend showed up at kentwood yesterday with a groove... i wanted to slap him.

Latest posts