• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Tsunami

ViolaBouquet

Eagle Member
I picked up my first DGA disc. I want to know what other Tsunamis throw like. I love the line mine throws. With a lot of power it turns slightly, and fades slightly to end dead straight. It is a new pro line. I thought these things were suppose to be overstable though. I might have to pick up an ESP predator to fill that OS gap.

I picked up my first DGA disc. I want to know what other Tsunamis throw like. I love the line mine throws. With a lot of power it turns slightly, and fades slightly to end dead straight. It is a new pro line. I thought these things were suppose to be overstable though. I might have to pick up an ESP predator to fill that OS gap.

Tsunamis is the old predator mold...

Tsunamis are great! I think they fly similar to a C-PD.

If you want a more overstable flight you'll have to pick up a Predator as you mentioned or a Tsunami in SP plastic. Those SP Tsunamis are beefy.

Mine are dead straight with a big'ol sexy fade at the end. Mine are proline but I have heard that the sparkles are more overstable. On an unrelated note, aftershocks and undertows are gangsta.

I have a ProLine 165g. Started out as a meathook and is now dead straight with a big forward fade. Rocked the entire DGA bag today for 54 holes. SP Squall was very nice to me.

Would you suggest getting an ESP pred, or an SP Tsunami for the headwind fighter straight driver with medium fade at the end. The Proline, or at least the one I have, Tsunami always S curves, and not the best into the wind.

If you like the Tsunami throw the Tsunami. I have both esp/z Predators and proline/SP Tsunami's a max weight SP Tsunami will be just as overstable as an esp predator. I like the feel of the SP/Proline myself vs their Discraft cousins so I would vote SP tsunami's over esp predators. But if you want the the most overstable disc in the mold/plastic configurations offered it would be the Z predator.

yup. the tsunami was discrafts first attempt at a predator but was not quite as stable as what they were looking for at the time. it was still an awesome thrower so they gave it to dga. sparkle tsunamis are pretty stable but the z predator trumps it on being a wind fighter. i was cycling tsunamis for a while because they are fun when they get tuned up but moved on when i lost some favorites...

Predators aint even overstable compared to a firebird...

I am intrigued to try some DGA discs now. What are some other favorites for you guys and what do they compare to?

I am intrigued to try some DGA discs now. What are some other favorites for you guys and what do they compare to?

I really dig the aftershock, it has buzzz speed and roc stability. Sparkle is a bit overstable, proline is stable and d line is understable. Of the three proline is my favorite, it's just so silky smooth. I just picked up an undertow and I am really digging it, to me it's like a longer leo. Also proline is like esp but better. I don't really like esp, but I love proline.

I have thrown/own most of the DGA's line-up haha. I love the hurricane I use it as my long distance driver, Sp is stable and fights the wind and proline beat in to great bombers, the Tsunami is the same way SP is beefy overstable and Proline beat into a long straight flight with a big late fade. The squall is a great in between fairway and mid disc. Its faster than a normal mid and flies slightly understable once broken in. Like mentioned the aftershock is awesome it is slightly overstable when new but beat in nicely. Those are my favorites right now, my buddy uses the undertow as his go-to driver it is very straight out to about 300-330 for him. Watch this video its from Central Coast Disc Golf they do an in the bag with Dga pro and my favorite disc golfer Shasta Criss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv_At-oXjhs

IMO, I liked the Tsunami better than the Predator. The Proline and SP made for a better 1-2 punch than the Z and ESP pred. Both are good, but I liked the no bead on the Tsunami better, plus I had some real consistency issues with the ESP Predator.

I like comets, but a buddy of mine can throw some of the straightest to slight turnover shots with the Squall.

Would you suggest getting an ESP pred, or an SP Tsunami for the headwind fighter straight driver with medium fade at the end. The Proline, or at least the one I have, Tsunami always S curves, and not the best into the wind.

Elite X Predators are dead straight with a medium fade at the end. Perfect combo of glide and fade.:thmbup:

This thread needs some pics:

White D-Line Blue ProLine
Red SP Blue SP

SDC10215.jpg

SDC10229.jpg

Latest posts