• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Tsunami

He's bagging the SP Tsunami. After a quick check, there are probably 50 total SPs online. The retailer with the most weights and colors I found is Fresno Flight Center.

I still have a couple sparkle tsunamis, including a sweet team stamp. Didnt bag them much cause I always had a variety of preds, but I always have had a sweet spot for them, especially proline. Hope the mold sticks around longer with Paul bagging them.

Marshall have ten SP in stock. . but all under 170g

Did Paul only throw the tsunami BH?

Since we are on Paul, and the tsunami:

Anyone know why he wasn't using the raptor for this role? My understanding is the raptor is a little bit straighter predator (ie.... a tsunami...). I assume it's a feel-thing. I know he is particular with disc feel.

Just kinda curious on that, but if I were as good as him, I'd use whatever I want, really..

Since we are on Paul, and the tsunami:

Anyone know why he wasn't using the raptor for this role? My understanding is the raptor is a little bit straighter predator (ie.... a tsunami...). I assume it's a feel-thing. I know he is particular with disc feel.

Just kinda curious on that, but if I were as good as him, I'd use whatever I want, really..

I was thinking that as well, as the ESP CFR I have is as you describe.
Maybe he's had more time practicing with the Tsunami over the winter. And since he seems to be happy with the Pred, the two discs are very similar in handfeel.

And since he seems to be happy with the Pred, the two discs are very similar in handfeel.

This is kind of my hunch. He never liked firebird wings, always rotating the discs in and out. The Raptor has a firebird/PD like wing. The tsunami is similar enough to a pred where it's likely just hand feel preference.

I think what also helps is that Paul always preferred a more chunky / deep rim, especially for forehands. His destroyer chip shots, using the force, and the pred all kinda lean into that category.

Paul throwing the Tsunami quite a bit in Tallahassee, Melton on commentary said he was using it in a PD/Thundy slot.
I'm not shocked they haven't sold many, it's not like there are a ton to buy right now. M St. has some clear SP, there are a couple glows, no ProLine.