• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Just had a thought....on the topic of a MOFWY Vibram driver, wasn't the first mold of the Trak called the Trek and wasn't it really overstable? The yellow Traks with the black dot? So wouldn't Vibram technically have the specs for that mold? Reintroduce the mold as the Trek and release it as the MOFWY. I'd be happy.

I just bought one of these traks and I agree, it seems wicked overstable. Maybe i just can't throw it (likely), but it flies straight until it fades for a mile to the left. It is yellow with a black dot.

Also the yellow rubber is no longer available, so if you find yellow vibrams, snatch them and send em to me lol

They had half a dozen of the yellow traks at the shop I picked mine up at lol. Too bad it's an hour and a half away.

Ahh gotcha. I had heard from someone that the yellow Traks with the black dogs were overstable but maybe not!

That is a true rumor, at least as far as I have heard. I do not like to pony up that kind of cash just to find out. But Vibram released a Trek prior to these first run Traks. I have one from winning some contest on how to spread disc golf. Now I am working to actually do the things I said in that contest.

There are only a few Vibram discs that are truly collectors items as they are a very young company in this business. The First run Traks, yellow and black with a boot print, are one of them. The Origional chunks and Granites are there as well. Too bad I don't have any.

Last edited:
They had half a dozen of the yellow traks at the shop I picked mine up at lol. Too bad it's an hour and a half away.

What?!? Pics please and if you do make the drive.........I call dibs......:eek:

I think all FR have no flight numbers. Early runs of a couple of the older model discs have some odd multiplier number on the bottom instead of the actual distance. Something like this...

What?!? Pics please and if you do make the drive.........I call dibs......:eek:

I think all FR have no flight numbers. Early runs of a couple of the older model discs have some odd multiplier number on the bottom instead of the actual distance. Something like this...

Vibram is kind of funny with the flight numbers on first runs and protos. Some protos are completely blank of markings (aside from Vibram logo) and others just have no numbers . Furthermore, as far as I know, all first runs have no flight numbers.

The "BumbleBoots" are more stable than they were supposed to be. Nice flyers though, and they look cool in the air.

So....they were indeed a fluke run? Or do we know this? Gosh I'd love to get my hands on a couple. I desperately want a Vibram version of the Firebird.

What is the name of the store with the First Run Traks?

I ran into a guy that had discs for sale at Highbridge this past weekend and he had 3 of the KC Worlds VP's. I was completely out of money at that point so I couldn't pick em up. I was bummed.

The disc is in my car at the moment, so I can't look under it but I'm pretty sure there are flight numbers imprinted underneath. There were a bunch of these identical discs at the shop, I chose this one because it was the only one where the black ring didn't go all the way around the edge.

If these are what you guys are looking for, I can probably pick more up this week.

Attachments

• IMG_20130518_205930.jpg
    IMG_20130518_205930.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 27
@Deus
How much was the shop selling them for?

$18 I think. Due to the drive, I'd probably post them in the marketplace for $25 (includes shipping)

They also had some Ascents with the X on them, if anyone was interested in those as well.

Are we FINALLY getting a OS lace? I have 3 Marshall street gift certificates that are burning a hole in my pocket. If that OS lace ain't here soon I'm going destroyer!