• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I would really like to get my hands on the "Bumbleboot" Traks in the right weight and at the right price. I am not willing to pay what I have seen them go for but I am sure you could make a fortune if they are for sale at a good price.

What have you seen them go for? They have/had them at a semi-local shop for $20 and I resold one for $25. Should I have asked for more? :doh::p

I have been trying my hardest not to get into collecting discs. I will only buy what I will throw. But it is too damn hard sometimes when you come across something like these first runs for such a good price!

Unfortunately, they had a very difficult time making these discs, so fewer than 250 were produced and most dealers never received a single disc, which wound up being a big disappointment for many as everyone was excited for the Boot Print. Steve Dodge, head of Vibram Disc Golf, is rumored to have said that because of the difficulty making these discs, Vibram would never make another yellow disc.

I should really charge more
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89385
(more coming in today, but probably all already spoken for)

Apparently this shop has a ton of Vibram first runs, including Treks. What the hell is a Trek?

and since we're wildly speculating, a Vibram bag would be incredible.

:clap: :clap:

Unfortunately, this request has been falling on deaf ears since 2010. :|

Its ironic, because it seems like such natural fit for the company, a disc golf bag with a waterproof Vibram bottom. :doh:

Maybe, just maybe, if we all chant " I like the dark. I love the dark. But I hate nature. I hate nature! " it will come true. :hfive:

:clap: :clap:

Unfortunately, this request has been falling on deaf ears since 2010. :|

Its ironic, because it seems like such natural fit for the company, a disc golf bag with a waterproof Vibram bottom. :doh:

Maybe, just maybe, if we all chant " I like the dark. I love the dark. But I hate nature. I hate nature! " it will come true. :hfive:

I wouldn't count on a bag anytime soon from Vibram. It seems like they are ultra focused on continuing to build their lineup of discs before other projects.

I also wonder what molds will be sent to testers....OS Lace? US Lace? Maybe a MOFWY? I bet it will be more than one disc though. I hope so at least because I am tired of waiting haha

What have you seen them go for? They have/had them at a semi-local shop for $20 and I resold one for $25. Should I have asked for more? :doh::p

I have been trying my hardest not to get into collecting discs. I will only buy what I will throw. But it is too damn hard sometimes when you come across something like these first runs for such a good price!

I have seen them for $50.

I hooked you up bud lol, I'll see what I have left to trade, I know a few ridges and a lighter lace and a lighter ibex

picture.php

Here are the two Firms that you mentioned that I am looking to part with. I also have a Firm Ibex that I am willing to part with as well if you are interested.

So did you get those from utopia disc golf? That was the last place I seen em but that was over a year ago online.

Yes! Do they have a website? I haven't seen one...They aren't even listed as a Vibram retailer on Vibram's site (and are missing quite a few Vibram molds). They still have a lot of the first run discs, and they were happy to (finally) sell them to us haha.

I'm moving away from casual disc golfing and trying to get more serious. My form is coming along for drives and approaches, but putting is still a major pain. I'm trying to find the right putter for me. I have used Aviars (meh), I love my voodoo (found it in the woods and its great for drives, but a little too overstable for me to putt with).

What can you guys tell me about the Vibram Sole? I always see the Vibram discs in stores and for some reason am really attracted to their rubbery molds. Any info could help! :)

To me the sole feels like a deeper warlock, I've never checked the specs but that's how it feels in my hand. It's a bit more stable than the voodoo though. I like ridges better. The bead is in between a wizard and a voodoo.

Last edited:
So i'm waiting on Vibram's new product to come into the mail so i can begin testing and I realized, I think i'll be happier the day I get the box in the mail, then I will be at Christmas... Is this wrong?

I think i've become addicted...