• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Vulcan topped AJ Destroyers?

No,it is a vulcan top,even the bottom's said WV :|

You can argue with the Innova site:

The Archon is a new Speed 11 Distance Driver that blends the graceful long turn of the Katana with the smooth fade of a Wraith. It has been described as a longer Valkyrie. This will be a great disc for players looking to master their game and rule the course.

And I have one. Definitely not a Vulcan top there isn't a drastic crease in the top.

You looked wrong, the tops are identical. Cooling makes it more pronounced on some, especially star.

The Innova site doesn't say its a Katana top, it says its a Katana turn because the Archon isn't as ridiculously understable as the Vulcan. Numerous sources cite the Archon as a Vulcan/Wraith combo, such as Dave D himself: "vw was a code for Vulcan/Wraith hybrid until we figured out a name."

And I have one. Definitely not a Vulcan top there isn't a drastic crease in the top.

Yeah sorry bud, it's a Vulcan top...and there is a drastic crease. I throw both of these discs in question and can vouch personally from experience.

How you describe the flight has nothing to do with the parts of the disc. The discraft tracker has the stability of a teebird with the fade of an avenger, doesn't mean it has parts of an avenger and a teebird.

The Innova site doesn't say its a Katana top, it says its a Katana turn because the Archon isn't as ridiculously understable as the Vulcan. Numerous sources cite the Archon as a Vulcan/Wraith combo, such as Dave D himself: "vw was a code for Vulcan/Wraith hybrid until we figured out a name."

And now the abbreviation on the bottom of the disc says "VU."

well that is a shame. i was hoping it was cleared up. oh well are they marked differently?

We haven't got any real Destroyers in our orders yet at CDGS...

Innova...c'mon! At this rate their fairway drivers are the only thing I'm going to have in my bag!

I just got introduced to the Sparkle Hurricane and they're quite Destroyer-like so there's always that option.

Good news Destroyers are back to being Destroyers!! I just picked up a couple new *DS at final 9. They have no patent # and are exactly shaped like 1st run * DS. They also had some domey pop tops as well.

Good news Destroyers are back to being Destroyers!! I just picked up a couple new *DS at final 9. They have no patent # and are exactly shaped like 1st run * DS. They also had some domey pop tops as well.

that is good to hear, i was worried since i have seen an increase pre AJ destroyer trading.

so what are the bad ones marked as? this is very frustrating.

so this is a good aj destroyer with correct top and domey like a destroyer should be?

Luckily, the destroyer sells well.

Prolly just had to go through all the destrulcans. I am sure that the star teedevils coming out helped with that ;)

The Destrulcans aren't marked any differently. You just have to go by feel. They come in all the Star varieties <AJ, Echo, bottom stamp>. from the nose to the flight plate they tend to be very flat almost concave rather than the nice rounded edge a real Destroyer has. There's a large tendency for them to have really soft gummy flight plates and they're all flat as a pancake.

I'm confused! My AJ destro has a patent number, it's pretty flat, but it doesnt have the "mini-thumtrac" that Dave D references. I guess that I shouldn't care so much since I can throw it well and I really like it.

Pic

Heres a pic. Is this a destrulcan? There is a little bump where the inside of the wing meets the flight plate and it has a little dome too. I bought this disc in july. Its 175g.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 111
I just went down to our PIA to nab a couple destroyers and the Destroyers were all flat with that pronounced bump. This was from an order that came in this week. So I am guessing they are not all out of the system yet.

Good news I did get a couple used and a FR 7/10 so I am a happy camper.

Cheers - Koffee

Heres a pic. Is this a destrulcan? There is a little bump where the inside of the wing meets the flight plate and it has a little dome too. I bought this disc in july. Its 175g.

Looks like a normal Destroyer to me. The Destulcans have a very noticeable straight incline from the edge to the top plate. Look at the Innovate site at the Teedevil profile. That would be the destrulcan.