• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Vulture Driver

Eeesh, I picked up an ESP Anax because I have had such a hard time finding Z Vulture's at a reasonable price.

I thought perhaps
10/5/0/2
10/6/0/3

Might be close enough to work.

Sadly it did not work for me.
Suspect it might be a solid disc for a bigger arm.

For my noodle arm it is shorter and more over stable. I can't quite get it to flip up to flat and ride like a Vulture.

It's me, not the disc... I know... Just disappointed.

I sure am hoping to see some reasonably priced Vultures at some point this summer.

I snagged one of the Ledgestones, should have grabbed more.

Interesting. I found the Anax noticeably flippier than the Vulture. Longer and glidier too.

Vulture was like a beefy Thunderbird for me.

Interesting. I found the Anax noticeably flippier than the Vulture. Longer and glidier too.

Interesting. I also found the Anax to be oddly less stable than expected. Admittedly I only tried one and it was a prototype.

The Vulture for me is like a well seasoned Thunderbird. I can't get a Thunderbird to pop up to flat but the Vulture does. In fact, the Vulture came out of my bag because it didn't hold up in a headwind as well as a Thunderbird.

I have thrown a number of Vultures (all Z plastic). To me they are right at the sweet spot similar to a Champ Thunderbird.

Flip up to flat, ride straight with a fairly forward fade.

In all fairness this is the only Anax I have tried (I think), and it is ESP. grip wise I usually connect with the Z a bit better.

It is possible the Anax I bought is a beefy one or maybe it needs beat in. I've only thrown it a dozen times so far. It had nice glide, but because I couldn't get it to flip up, it faded out maybe 50-75ft sooner. I get the feeling if I had just a little more clean power it would flip up.

One of the Vultures I was throwing against was beat in, but the other was fairly fresh with only a couple of throws on it.

Interesting. I also found the Anax to be oddly less stable than expected. Admittedly I only tried one and it was a prototype.

The Vulture for me is like a well seasoned Thunderbird. I can't get a Thunderbird to pop up to flat but the Vulture does. In fact, the Vulture came out of my bag because it didn't hold up in a headwind as well as a Thunderbird.

I too find the Vulture very much like a seasoned Champ Thunderbird.

I agree it does not hold up in a headwind as well as the Thunderbird, but I get more distance with the Vulture than the Thunderbird, so for me it is worth it. It's right about perfect for the flip to flat drive for me.

On the rare occasions I have too much headwind, I bump up to my most beat Raptor.

The 1 Vulture I've thrown was a minty ESP. Stubborn thing. It was definitely overstable, and didn't want to stay flat for any length of time.

I have a brand new Titanium Vulture I need to try.

I've also only thrown 1 Anax. Admittedly, I don't have a large sample size to compare these two molds.

My Anax's (two, both early protos without any Anax stamp) were both very overstable. I couldn't get any turn even with a full power forehand and used them basically like a Firebird on the course. That wasn't what I wanted, so I stopped bagging them and decided to keep them in decent shape. (Resale value?)

I'm wondering if this was just an early run variability thing?

As far as Vultures, I heard good things about the early Big Z runs (and saw numerous pros bagging them), so I bought a pair. I'm still using the first one, but I love it and it's a great blend of useful mild turn with torque resistance and dependable fade. I haven't tried any newer runs though.

My Anax's (two, both early protos without any Anax stamp) were both very overstable. I couldn't get any turn even with a full power forehand and used them basically like a Firebird on the course. That wasn't what I wanted, so I stopped bagging them and decided to keep them in decent shape. (Resale value?)

I'm wondering if this was just an early run variability thing?

I throw two prototypes. One is stable and the other is much more overstable. I want to say the less stable one is lighter in the high 160's.

I have first run Vultures that are like 10/5/0/1 to CryZtal that are more like 10/4/0/3 . . .and ESP, Big-Z, Ti that are everything in between..

Same with ANAX....i have First runs that are close to a "less stable" Vulture. . .to the "1060 ESPs" that are quite OS

So much variation. I have a 174g Ti Vulture that was so flippy out of the box I stopped using it. Big Z has been most stable for me.

So much variation. I have a 174g Ti Vulture that was so flippy out of the box I stopped using it. Big Z has been most stable for me.

I have tried the Big Z and ESP and neither was not to my liking. That I why I settled on Z.

They seem to be consistent disc to disc (within the Vulture line) and just about perfect for my arm.

My Ledgestone Glo Sparkle Vulture arrived today. Very much like a typical Z Vulture.

I threw it in the field with 2 or 3 Z Vultures. Same flight pattern & length. I think they nailed them about perfect

I have Ti Vultures and they remind me of a P-PD, albeit a tad slower.

What is the more mellow Vulture blend? Meaning least os. All of my Thunderbirds are really os (even seasoned lighter weight) & was wanting something mellower right away.

I saw Paul has 6X Vultures now. Is this replacing his Anyx?

My favorite Vultures are the flatter ones in ESP. If I had to describe them I would call them a seasoned Thunderbird straight out of the box. The trick is finding them in normal fairway weights. Because it is a large diameter disc I see a lot of them in the 180g weight range which I just find too heavy for anything other than a mid.

The Vulture is a good mold that needs more love. Glad to see Mcbeth putting his name on it.

The Vulture is a good mold that needs more love. Glad to see Mcbeth putting his name on it.

I think the Vulture gets overshadowed by the Anax. To me they fly very similar. The Vulture seems to be 1 speed slower, and has slightly less glide than the Anax.

Let's just say, I wouldn't feel the need to bag both molds. Both do almost the same thing.

I think the Vulture gets overshadowed by the Anax. To me they fly very similar. The Vulture seems to be 1 speed slower, and has slightly less glide than the Anax.

Let's just say, I wouldn't feel the need to bag both molds. Both do almost the same thing.

I feel like the Anax has more of a teebird flight, while the vulture is more of an eagle flight.

The Vulture seems to be 1 speed slower, and has slightly less glide than the Anax.

One of the stubborn things about the Thunderbird to me is how crazy glidey they are.

I would like the Vulture if it were straighter & less floaty.

One of the stubborn things about the Thunderbird to me is how crazy glidey they are.

I would like the Vulture if it were straighter & less floaty.

I've only thrown a couple Vultures, and they weren't really floaty, nor did they have any high speed turn.

Vulture for me is something like 9, 5, 0, 3. Pretty much like a Thunderbird. I think the Anax is noticeably floatier than the Vulture.

Vulture and Anax are both a lot like the Avenger.

Anyone have thoughts on the glow Z vulture? I'm bagging a glow talon right now, but was considering switching to the vulture I got at DGLO, to have something more durable in that slot...