• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Westside Northman

I am actively seeking another one in case I loose this one, but its not easy to find lightweight scary clowns at this point.
I'm also looking for a light backup King, but again, I think mines a freak at 164 grams, Westside wont admit to ever making them that .

They made alot of light weight northman and king in the vip during both first runs. I have seen northman down to 146g and kings to 161g.

Clearwater still has tons of scary clown era nm's.

Im bringing this thread to ask one question. Does the northman seem to close to a saint? I want to try one of these out, but if its too close to my gold line saints i will pass. Hoping someone has thrown both and can compare the 2 for me.

thanks

I have a 175 Northman that I bought used for $5 when I first started playing. Its a good disc similar to the Orc but a bit doomier. I dont used it much any more but I dont have any thing bad to say about the disc, its worth trying.

Im bringing this thread to ask one question. Does the northman seem to close to a saint? I want to try one of these out, but if its too close to my gold line saints i will pass. Hoping someone has thrown both and can compare the 2 for me.

thanks

From what I've heard and from reading this thread through, the Northman seems less stable and faster than the saint. I have saint experience but no Northman so lets see who else chimes in, eh?

I use both saints and northman. One opto/vip and one gl/tourney of each all about 171g. Northmen turn a bit more fade a little less and are a little faster. I like the combo for controll driver duties. Opto northman gl saint probably overlap a bit.

hmmmm good to hear so far.. They do sound very similar to the saints though. More turn and less fade sound intriguing!!!

Bringing up this old thread to say that I love this disc! I won a 171g VIP and its just a bit more stable out of the box than beasts. The glide is awesome. This is the first disc that I've thrown over 400' with!

Bringing up this old thread to say that I love this disc! I won a 171g VIP and its just a bit more stable out of the box than beasts. The glide is awesome. This is the first disc that I've thrown over 400' with!

Beasts or Beast-Xs?

I have one of these on the way because I read it was like an Innova SL (aka Pro Starfire aka Starfire-L aka others).

thanks
Saints are my main driver.
I did a lot of homework a while back, and I think they will be pretty similar.
So i never bought a northman.

Saint and Northman are quite similar. Saint has a tick more glide, and and Northman a tick more stablility, but that's comparing 5-6 Saints with 1 Northman.

Saint and Northman are quite similar. Saint has a tick more glide, and and Northman a tick more stablility, but that's comparing 5-6 Saints with 1 Northman.

The Saint is slower and shorter. The Northman feels a bit like the Saints bigger brother.

Latest posts