• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth? (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that Gateway's clear plastic is worth a bit more than stock prices. What do you all think about these magics? Brand new, no ink, and 175g each...

Attachments

• 100_1063.jpg
    100_1063.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_1064.jpg
    100_1064.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 33

Innova cfr wraith by timj5304, on Flickr

CFR Wraith, 175g max weight. 8/10 condition with fading name on the back

Not my area of expertise, but,
These are regarded as "Augusta" Wraiths by most people, but won't fetch the same price.
The ink really hurts this discs value, because it is so visible.
$20-25? Maybe $30.

I honestly did not even know they made CFR wraiths other than the Augusta ones, did not know the exact value of this. Looks like a thrower if its only worth 20 bucks

Old school Pro-D Challenger, no ink, 6+/10
Anybody got any ideas on approximate value?

IMAG0354-1.jpg

I honestly did not even know they made CFR wraiths other than the Augusta ones, did not know the exact value of this. Looks like a thrower if its only worth 20 bucks

There were a couple of different events in 2006 that used the CFR "Augusta" Wraith mold. I don't know the specific names, though.

It's probably not worth much as a collectible, but they are sweet throwers. I believe they are a bit more stable than the production run of Champ Wraiths. Seem to be a little tougher, but that may just be the pearly plastic.

Hey I have a glow banshee 174g from the '04 kc wide open. Its pretty bendy. Star like material. Any info? Anything special?

I mean, I have glow Eagles, Banshee's, TL's, Teebirds, etc. all from the 2003-2004 time frame. I call them early Glow Champ. To me CE isn't CE unless it's the early taffy from 2000-2001 or late candy from 2002.

That's my .02.

"CE Whippets" and "CE Gators" aren't even really CE!

I agree with this - I have the same issue with KC Pro, too many times I've had trade discussions regarding 11x KC Pro Teebirds only to get sent a picture of an 11x Champion teebird.

Hey I have a glow banshee 174g from the '04 kc wide open. Its pretty bendy. Star like material. Any info? Anything special?

Like this one? These were the early Champ Glow runs that (in my opinion) were more flexible and a better feel that the Champ Glow we see today. I would think around $35 new for the '04. I also have a 2003 Glow Champ Banshee from the Hambrick. The early Glow plastic was great.

Was '03 the first year of Glow Champ?

picture.php

It's probably not worth much as a collectible, but they are sweet throwers. I believe they are a bit more stable than the production run of Champ Wraiths. Seem to be a little tougher, but that may just be the pearly plastic.

Yeah I figured it wouldn't be a collectors item.. but when I saw how flat it was I was like.... damn... Haha Its more stable than the champ Wraith I had. Reminds me of a Teebirds flight but faster. Just really straight with a little fade at the end. Dont know if I'm gonna keep it in the bag cause I'm stepping away from Wraiths but it'll probably just get put in my random box of discs I'm starting to build up now.

^^^ still doing the ebay qoute thing I see. Thank you for your help as I understand some people like to see charts.:D

Around here that's about a 30 dollar disc.:thmbup:

Bought it for $5.. went and threw it right after haha really freakin straight with hardly any fade.. think its jus a preflight # champ wraith

I just got a cfr glow wraith that is marked WL

also came with my very first cfr certificate of authenticity, i have bought dozens before

Innova cfr wraith by timj5304, on Flickr

CFR Wraith, 175g max weight. 8/10 condition with fading name on the back

These are basically the same run as the Augusta. I have had a ton of these and they fly just like an Augusta, which is how I think wraiths ought to throw and not like the new ones. In that condition you could get $30 from the right buyer. Definitely 20-25 no problem.

9+ 9x banshee

Looks like it was thrown once or twice. Still has all of the flashing on the rim. I am torn between hanging it or seeing what I can get on here for it.

IMAG0143.jpg

Only one more try. No ink. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts