• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
here you go

I'm not much into selling or buying or auctions, so looking for some ballpark estimates on these, individually, not as a lot.

162g pearly orange Champion 2X Barry Beast some wear but not bad (7-8?/10) $10-$12
???g see-thru green Champion 5X JK Valk pretty worn (6-7?/10) $12-$15

173g white 10x KC Pro bar-circle-stamp WhippetX (WX) fairly worn (6-7?/10) $15-$20

175g yellow DX circle-stamp WhippetX (WX) thrown a few times in a field and storage wear (low 9?/10) $8-$15

no ink on any of them

What would these Aviars be worth? They are both double ring San Marino Mold. One is a CFR DX, and the other is a Star. The DX is probably like 7/10, and the star is more like 8. Thanks guys!!!

ive seen them in the 20s for used like 6-7/10

i thought it was stock and i couldnt believe my eyes. thought someone slipped something into my drink

Would like to know how much this disc might be worth, if anything. It is a DX Stingray with a rainbow circle stamp. From what I can tell it says San Marino on the back and there are no flight numbers on the disc. Also, the underside of the rim is a lot more curved compared to the most recent runs that I have seen.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 38
The mold isn't, but the stamp is. There are some OOP discs that don't bring a premium. Circle stamps do have a premium, just not an incredibly high one unless its something really rare.

Eh, the mold id OOP. These were the San Marino mold; they use the www mold now. They are still to common to be worth much more than $15.

I didn't know that the mold had changed. Did the original mold break?
I think it just wore out. There was a period of time when they used the Ontario Cobra top on the Stingray becasue the San Marino Stingray top wore out and the Stingray was too high a volume disc not to run. That was '07ish? Somewhere around that time frame. Once they replaced the Stingray top, the new core said www.innovadiscs or something like that instead of a physical location.

If I had old San Marino Stingrays I'd sit on them; eventually they will be hard to find and the old-time Stingray throwers will pay for them.

Actually, I do have old San Marino Stingrays. Whatever, I'm just a hoarder.

Does the new Stingray mold fly the same as the one that I have? I have been thinking of getting one so that I can shelf this one and not damage it any farther than I have to.

Eh...I don't know. I've thrown a www a handful of times and they seemed in the ballpark; maybe a bit slower, though. Anyway, you could still throw a roller with one. The thing is that disc golfers are weird about change, and since the tooling is different this is an easy change to spot. So since the Stingray guys know there is a change, they are going to swear the new ones suck and the old ones were $$$ no matter if they basically fly the same or not. It's who we are. So since it is easy to tell a San Marino from a www, eventually people will get stupid about them despite how common they are. That's just my take on it.

What's it worth?

2003 kcwo glo eagle X

I was told this was the first runs of glo plastic, same as Kenny rocs, ce blend.

Hoping someone could give me a ballpark figure

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts