• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
from another thread

Here it is compared to a Buzzz and Wasp.
picstitch_zpseccf95eb.jpg

So... I encourage him and other condescending disc wizards to correct me for what I share.

I've had a ton of buzzzes in my possession over the last few years.

All I know on runs is this. People will often call a Buzzz like yours a "First Run." Is it a First Run? Technically, no. The only true "First Runs" have a "First Run" stamp above the Bar Stamp. They also will have the WASP tooling, obviously.

The 2nd First Runs came out in 2006 for the Player's Cup. The original First Runs came out in 2003-2004. You can find many tournament stamped hologram side logos (like above) that are dated for 2004, and I have found only 1 of these for an event in 2003. There is also a fairly common Elite X Holiday Buzzz that was produced in December 2003. You'll see those floating around from time to time.

The only WASP tooled buzzzes I've seen are First Run Bar Stamps (True 1st's), Bar Stamped ones without the "First Run" stamp, and event or club stamped ones like yours above.

Many event stamped ones with the hologram logos exist with 2005 stamps and they all are Buzzz tooled. So... I think it's safe to say that your Buzzz was made with the same mold as the original First Runs. What run is it? 1st? 2nd? I have no idea. Since they aren't "First Run" stamped, I guess you could call em 2nd runs, but it's still very unclear. I'm not sure it's an important distinction. The WASP tooling is what makes them attractive or unique to collectors and throwers.

The 2nd First Runs in 2006 reportedly used the old WASP tooled mold for one more run of discs. Those are pretty easy to identify because of the plastic they were produced in: white, green, and blue. Light colors and amazing pearl. The original First Runs were more opaque than these.

This all becomes very complicated about a year ago when a bunch of new Buzzzes were revealed with "throwback" bar stamps. That gets very tricky now because Bar Stamped buzzzes that were "BUZZZ" tooled carried some value since they were older (2005ish) but they weren't WASP tooled. After this new run has been released, I would never spend more than $15 on a BUZZZ tooled bar stamped Buzzz because who knows what you're getting: a Buzzz from 2005 or one from 2011 with a "throwback" stamp. Pretty silly if you ask me.

When it comes to WASP tooled Buzzzes: If you aren't holding a Team Stamp, 2nd First Run stamp, or a Bar Stamp that's green, white, or blue - THEN, I think it's safe to assume it was produced between late 2003 through 2004. Call it a WASP tooled Buzzz to avoid giving juju an aneurysm. I'm sure someone loves him and he probably can't handle the stress anymore from all this MISINFORMATON.

Forget the run. Call it a WASP tooled and if you ever want to trade or sell it, I'll certainly throw it.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Buzzz-Released in august 2004 as prototype. Production started in september 2004.

ESP Buzzz-Released August 2006. Retooled Wasp.

Buzzz SS-Released as a fundraiser disc in January 2007. Buzzz SS (= Super Straight) is a less stable version of the Buzzz.

FLX Buzzz-Essentially a retooled Wasp released first in the end of 2003 in Z-plastic, this is Discrafts most popular midrange driver since 2003. Released in the beginning of february 2007 in the super flexible plastic FLX, Discraft wrote: "Made from a highly flexible version of ESP plastic, the FLX discs are excellent in cold weather, and the added 'give' makes them easier to grip for more controlled releases in all weather conditions"

X Buzzz-Retooled Wasp, in X-plastic only available was it only available as fundraiser between dec 2003 and oct 2004, now its in the regular production line-up.

X Buzzz GT-Released in January 2006. Retooled Buzzz, with the groove top added. Approved by the PDGA retroactively in February 2008.

Z Buzzz-Released in October 2003. Retooled Wasp. First run says "Wasp" on the inside of the rim. The Buzzz was built from the Wasp and when they ran the first Buzzz's, the underside/inside of the mold was from the Wasp.

Z Buzzz SS-Buzzz SS (= Super Straight) is a less stable version of the Buzzz. Discraft Wrote: "The SS version has a straight edge that gives it a stability rating of 0.0". Only available as a fundraiser from January 2008 until December 2010 when it was released in the regular line-up.

Z Glow Buzzz-Released in 2009.Retooled Wasp.

Hope that helps

and this too.

I am at the beach. I will have to look at the back when I get home. It is not an aviar. It has a higher dome.

From the pic it looks like an Aero or Eagle depending on the lettering on back (if no lettering then it's an origional Eagle)...

Thank you Aim for the Chains. That was extremely helpful. I'll throw it for now and see is I ever run into anyone who really wants it.

How much do these go for. New and if 7 out of 10

I haven't seem one in a while so wondering what te goin rate is now.

Thanks for the help on this.

Just realized I gave zero info, lol. It's a cryztal flx wasp.

Really appreciate if someone can help, thanks

Any interest in 167g san marino tooled beaded champ aviars? Plastic in good condition jus has some bottom ink around the edge

11x? I sold 1 light, like yours for $20 and PIF'd one...

and looks like champ monsters are stock unless rare CE or something odd about the champ run.

Last edited:
Picked this up in a trade for a new plain disc on the weekend...very happy. Never thrown, no ink, probably 9/10 due to storage wear...

600511_10151527142242843_1871132362_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts