• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Pro do you want to see/expect to see breakout in 2019?

Seppo, best Finn by far and his trajectory seem still upwards.

The world awaits Seppo learning to putt. You feel he has 20 ratings points to add to his rating just by getting to 90% ish in circle one (or at least the outer echelons of circle one) . Maybe the stats don't back this up but in my head he's at best 50/50 on making anything in the 20- 40' range, a range where you are surprised when McBeth/Wysocki/Sexton etc don't make it.

I really really hope that is happening this offseason. Would love to see Seppo winning.

Locastro, always. Always. Since I started following pro DG around 2011 or so.

I'd say breakdown, as in mental/emotional, before breakout is much more likely =)
I love the guy and his competitiveness but this does seem to modulate his talent a bit.

Considering Locastro was rated number one for a while...... he has already had his year.

His worst problem is he gets inside his head too much. He has great talent.

One more for Heimburg. Dude has been on a tear and is actually going to be touring from the beginning of the season. Can you really consider it a breakout if he's already >1030, though?

Maybe he is just marketing himself well this offseason, but watching some of Simon's youtube channel I think that this is his year. He seems to finally be training at the level that he should.

I also think that we will see Grady Shue take a huge leap. Latitude lost a lot of people so he won't be in Simon and Eagle's shadow anymore, he can become Lat's top pro by end of year.

Calvin is the one that I think will become more of a household name...kind of like Conrad 2 years ago. He's really good already, so I don't expect a big jump in his game, but he'll be on more tourney lead cards simply which means more video exposure.

As for the player who I think makes the biggest jump in their game, Adam Hammes. He already has all the tools but lacks some consistency. That being said, I think he will put together many complete weekends this year and move up the ranks significantly.

Heimburg, Geisinger, JC Kester, and Emerson Keith for MPO
Panis, and Salonen for FPO
Would love to see about 10 more FPO players on tour

Not necessarily a "break out" but I would love to see Paul Ulibarri get his Major this year. He's consistently great and always shows up at Worlds. He also seems like a great guy.

For FPO, I would like to see more of Kristin Tattar. She had some good performances last season, and she has the power and distance to hang with PP. I could see her having a breakout year if she gets more time on tour.

Another vote for Eagle & Kevin Jones. I think both of them can be hugely dominant players. I'd like to see more from Sexton as well and I'm curious if we've seen his best yet.

On the women's side I'd like to see Paige B rack up lots of wins. She's just a cool and positive person with huge love for the sport and a great ambassador.

Can't say I'm rooting for a particular person or person(s). I often root for the under dog. And if the guy/gal has been playing for a while and needs a win I definitely tend to root for them as well.

I think the real breakout should be that person who pushes the envelope of the sport in someway that is unique. It could be a stellar attitude, a long arm, some cool trick shots.

I'm rooting for evolution because that has been the beauty of the sport. Changing, progressing, getting a little better every year. And the person who embodies that will be the one who gets my cheer.

I agree since Simon Lizotte is fun to watch as long as he has not checked out of a tournament and is just playing through the tournament.

Yes, Simon Lizotte is fun to watch, and that's part of the problem: sometimes he foregoes winning for showing off with huge shots. I hope he'll bear down and try to win a few...

Grady Shue seems to be a mature young guy that could do something.

I'm all aboard the Heimberg train. Dudes got unteachable ability and is a solid putter. He seems to get the yips pulling his drives right occasionally, but the pterodactyl gonna eat. I'd say the same for the kid with the cajones to take the crown from McBeast in Kevin Jones.

There's a bunch of guys that will be touring more this year I'm excited to see more of; Andrew Fish, Chris Clemons, Matty O, Nate Perkins, Cale Laviska, obviously Chris Dickerson. With all the players starting to roll in vans, we're in for a great season.

On the women's side, I'll be rooting for Cox, but she's coming off injury, so I'll wait and see there. Can't wait to see more of the Finnish girl. I'm also interested to see how the solid putters roll in Fajkus and Van Dyke. Last thought is little Paige isn't going anywhere. I think she's way off from her ceiling.

it's fun to root for everybody, but everybody can't be dominant.

I'd love to see McBeast come back and dominate from beginning to end of the season, win a World's, USDGC, and some other Majors. Top 1 or 2 finishes every time, maybe a 3rd her or there, but just a history making season after this history making off-season.

If that doesn't happen, I love Nate Sexton, Big Jerm, and all the other great guys on tour, but I kind of want to see Eagle play a whole season the way he started last year. He came out strong at the big tourneys, but started to lose it on the more technical courses. He's got a huge arm, especially for his size, and when his putting is on, it is ON. I would love to see the young guy come out and start out a long career of domination.

Or any other pro could find new success. I'll still be happy just watching disc golf.

Latest posts