• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Pro do you want to see/expect to see breakout in 2019?

Forgot about Nate Perkins, likeable guy for sure.

I, too, would like to see more of Kristin Tattar.

Bjerkaas is adorable but I'm not convinced she has the killer instinct to beat Paige. I still think the only one that ever beats Paige Pierce is Paige Pierce.

Locastro IMO is better than a few years back, both physically and mentally. He added a pretty effective forehand to his game. His "resurgence" has been going on for 2-3 years now. He just needs to get that one liberating big win.

As for Grady Shue, I dont know what "being in the shadow of Simon and Eagle" really means. Ive heard that before. But the guys are superstars, what can you do? Cant expect the brand to not capitalize on them. From what I recall, they did a pretty good job of shedding the limelight on Grady too, when he was due.

Bjerkaas is adorable but I'm not convinced she has the killer instinct to beat Paige. I still think the only one that ever beats Paige Pierce is Paige Pierce.

Sooooo, that tournament last September at Smuggler's Notch. That didn't happen or something?

I know your argument is that Pierce made mistakes and handed the win to Bjerkaas, but on that stage, in that environment, it takes a hell of a lot of mental fortitude (and skill) to keep your cool and execute the shots even as your opponents fall of their own accord. That viewpoint is a bit of an insult to Bjerkaas or really, any player who wins a tournament in which Paige Pierce plays.

Yes, Pierce is the best overall player in the women's game, but when someone else beats her, it isn't (just) because Pierce had an off-day. It's because the woman (women) who beat her played extremely well.

... I kind of want to see Eagle play a whole season the way he started last year....He's got a huge arm, especially for his size...

I'm assuming you're talking about bulk, not height? The dude is pretty tall (6' 3" according to his DGWT page)

In any case, would love to see Simon and Eagle run the table on a couple of tournaments.

Sooooo, that tournament last September at Smuggler's Notch. That didn't happen or something?

I know your argument is that Pierce made mistakes and handed the win to Bjerkaas, but on that stage, in that environment, it takes a hell of a lot of mental fortitude (and skill) to keep your cool and execute the shots even as your opponents fall of their own accord. That viewpoint is a bit of an insult to Bjerkaas or really, any player who wins a tournament in which Paige Pierce plays.

Yes, Pierce is the best overall player in the women's game, but when someone else beats her, it isn't (just) because Pierce had an off-day. It's because the woman (women) who beat her played extremely well.

At Worlds, Bjerkaas played 28 throws better than her rating, while Pierce played just one throw worse than her rating. So, it's 97.5% Bjerkaas winning it, 3.5% Pierce losing it.

I'm a St. Louis guy, so I'm always rooting for a Nikko resurgence.

I'm not sure if Calvin Heimburg is touring a bunch, but if he does I'd guess he takes a big win

Kevin Jones will win an NT/DGPT/Major this year for sure

I'm really not sure about FPO because I don't follow closely, but there seems to be a small group that have been knocking on the door for the past few years so hopefully one breaks through.

I hope G Shue does well. He has the potential to be top 3, with consistent work he can get there in 2019.

I couldn't agree more. Bjerkaas showed incredible poise over multiple rounds to stick to her game plan and hold the lead. It was damn impressive to perform under that pressure, regardless of how the other women were playing.

At Worlds, Bjerkaas played 28 throws better than her rating, while Pierce played just one throw worse than her rating. So, it's 97.5% Bjerkaas winning it, 3.5% Pierce losing it.

Thanks for putting the math to it. :)

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that Pierce blowing up on a few particular holes didn't play a role in who won the tournament, but it was by no means the only factor or even a significant factor. Suggesting that when she doesn't win a tournament, it's only because she beat herself diminishes the skills and accomplishments of her competitors.

Want to see: Sexton to the next level.
Expect to see: Ulibarri finishes top 10 in every NT/PT
Darkhorse: Drew Gibson

Really? Other than McBeth and Ricky, who else has done this in recent years?

In the south we might say, bless your heart for 'expecting' a miracle for Uli, but we really mean, you crazy;)

Latest posts