• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what was your favorite throw?

70 feet anhyzer putt around tree branch to save 3 on a 450 hole after disc slipped out of my hands on a 50 foot drive during b-tier tournament. Other guys on my card could only shake their heads, finished second in my division coming back from 4 strokes down.

I couldn't pick one or even ten. Some of my favorite throws weren't even mine. I can clearly remember a beautifully thrown blind spike hyzer par save made at my wife at TC3 Panther Highlands.

The first time I stepped up to the fourth tee at Hawk's Landing. The course wasn't officially opened yet and I was playing solo. I saw the light a very tight double breaker. "I can make my Flick do that if I throw it just right.", I thought. And that Flick flew like it had eyes and it was parked. There's have been several throws on that hole since and many birdies. The Ace is in my sights. Recently playing with someone for the first time he was amazed at the accuracy of my drive. I should mention that when I'm off even slightly to the right it results in many double bogeys.

My very first birdie jumps to mind. I'd been playing only for a few months. The wife and I were playing Chestnut Ridge for the first time. I had a decent drive but still a good 100+ feet to go. I nailed that putt with my tie dyed Lightning Pro-Style U2, affectionately named Bono.

Then there were a couple throws at my first glow, a round random draw doubles at Joseph Davis SP. I was lucky enough to be partnered with the local disc golf guru. One was my drive on the long #15 where my drive landed right on top of my partners about 300 feet out. The other was at hole #22. A short tight tunnel to start. My drive cleared the tunnel and curved out of sight to the right. I could tell the rest of the foursome assumed it was going to continue in that direction. I knew better. It came back and parked.

Another was my ace on 21, again at J D. A semi blind basket. A perfect S with an Xcal and cha-ching!

The ace at #19 during the 2nd round at the End Of Year event for our Wednesday Night Doubles League was as profitable as it was memorable. My partner and I weren't really in contention for cashing after the 1st round. Ever the optimist I told him we weren't out of it yet. 19 is at the top of a rise and in view of several other holes. It was one of the CTP holes. Well as soon as the Flick left my fingertip I knew. CHA-CHING!!! Nothing flies like a Flick. Won the CTP, Ace Pool, and eaked out a low enough score to take the last cash prize. And in front of a large gallery. So sweet.

I could go on and on. Just yesterday I threw a get out of trouble, no other choice Tomahawk with my Orc on #14 at Arrowhead at Wilson-Tuscarora SP. "TINK!", off the base of the pole for the drop in par save.

If you've read this far in my "legend in my own mind" story the point is simple, there is probably a throw in almost every round that I could use. I love to throw. I love to watch the flight of a well thrown disc. I marvel when I throw and the result is sublime. I love it when my partner, or competitor hits it just right. I love watching that "How the hell did you do that?", throw.

...the point is simple, there is probably a throw in almost every round that I could use. I love to throw. I love to watch the flight of a well thrown disc. I marvel when I throw and the result is sublime. I love it when my partner, or competitor hits it just right. I love watching that "How the hell did you do that?", throw.

THAT is the spirit of this game! Couldn't agree more! :thmbup:

I couldn't pick one or even ten. Some of my favorite throws weren't even mine.
If you've read this far in my "legend in my own mind" story the point is simple, there is probably a throw in almost every round that I could use. I love to throw. I love to watch the flight of a well thrown disc. I marvel when I throw and the result is sublime. I love it when my partner, or competitor hits it just right. I love watching that "How the hell did you do that?", throw.

Another "Agreed!" and :thmbup:

Latest posts