• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What's your go-to putter?

Ever try a Wizard, Judge or Aviar?

I have. The judge is much shallower than the vp, the wizard and the ridge could be twins, but the ridge is more consistant and durable (it is my choice for best putter in the circle, though if I was stuck with a wizard I would be fine, or an ion for that matter) and the aviar is awesome in bead or beadless forms, but for someone who loves the VP I don't think any other putter can come close.

Maybe a rattler with a bead added?

I don't care for it, but much like the people who love their pigs, or the guy who insists on using a polecat, the VP is its own thing and nothing else out there is like it.

I have. The judge is much shallower than the vp, the wizard and the ridge could be twins, but the ridge is more consistant and durable (it is my choice for best putter in the circle, though if I was stuck with a wizard I would be fine, or an ion for that matter) and the aviar is awesome in bead or beadless forms, but for someone who loves the VP I don't think any other putter can come close.

Maybe a rattler with a bead added?

I don't care for it, but much like the people who love their pigs, or the guy who insists on using a polecat, the VP is its own thing and nothing else out there is like it.

How does the plastic for the VP hold up compared to say KC Pro durability wise?

Ever try a Wizard, Judge or Aviar?

I have. Out of the three I would probably settle on a judge "even though the wizard is of much similar profile". They are all good putters assuming the aviar is beaded. The reason I use and advocate for the VP is that it offers consistent putts if your a spin putters like me, and they double as amazing approach discs. The VP is like the gator of putters; it has all kinds of utility potential because of its profile and stability.

Ridge, I can throw it hard for upshots and still keep it straight in the circle. Firm for putting and medium for ups.

All rubber types are durable, but I would say mediums are fairly indestructible "I say this within reason,... I have had and seen CE discs rip and thorns go through flight plate". If your wanting something comparable to KC, get firm rubber. But honestly it will outlast KC plastic significantly.

My ridge is xlink medium, I have played with it exclusively everyday for about a month or two and have seen no change in flight while putting or off the tee. Basically, the xlink, even firm from what I have seen in drivers, grips like dx,pro d, or other base plastics but beats in slower than any premium plastic out there.

It really is, no joke, kinda incredible.

That being said, sometimes you just want a sleek gold line pearl of a djsc that feels so sleek and nice in the hand.

So.. IF the anode doesn't pan out.. Is there a different putter anyone would recommend from Discraft?? My Anode(s) have been acting funny. Different flight and feel very slick. Won't hit the same lines I used to hit (1 month ago I was owning with these bad boys).

My son uses anodes and does great with them until it starts getting hot and humid outside or if it's raining or there's dew on the ground. Any kind of moisture basically makes them messy to putt with for him. It's not Discraft, but I think the disc that is most similar to the anode is the omega ss... no grip problems with that...

In the circle: SE soft rhyno (pref: orange with 2001 snake river series cfr stamp)
Upshots: Pro rhynos (old oop or new factory store; either, or - love 'em all)

Latest posts